Ju 88 A-4 should have access to nose-mounted 20mm and various other loadouts

TT33a

Conclusion

The Ju 88 A-4 in this game is incorrect in the following ways:

1.) Missing & incorrect bomb payloads
2.) Missing larger bomb types including the 1,400 kg & 1,800 kg
3.) The game payloads of 20 x 50 kg....20 x 50 kg+4 x 250 kg....20 x 50 kg+2 x 500 kg are not correct due to eight missing 50 kg bombs in the payload
4.) Missing the option to mount 2 x torpedoes on PVC type wing racks as the Ju 88 A-4/Torp
5.) Maximum load of 3,000 kg not modeled in the game
6.) Upper forward firing MG 81 in A-Stand is missing in the game
7.) B-Stand bulging style dorsal position designed for mounting two weapons incorrectly has only a single weapon in the game
8.) B-Stand dorsal position in the game needs to be corrected to 2 x MG 81 or 2 x MG 131
9.) Side mounted MG 15 weapons missing in the game
10.) MG 131 weapons missing High Explosive belt
11.) Ventral cupola protrudes too low from the fuselage bottom and is incorrect in width
12.) Ventral cupola has poorly modeled weapon mount for MG 131. In addition the MG 131 should be the more commonly mounted MG 81z
13.) Poorly modeled weapon mounting for the forward firing MG 81 in lower nose, missing iron sight on the weapon
14.) Ability to replace MG 81 weapon with an MG FF/M in the game
15.) Defensive weapons have incorrect blind spots and weapon traverse
16.) Top speed in the game of about 350 km/h does not match with the historical top speed of the aircraft
17.) Historical speed of 470 km/h at 5.3 km cannot be achieved as aircraft is too slow in the game
18.) Historical speed of 433 km/h at 4.5 km at maximum loaded condition (14,000 kg) including maximum 3,000 kg bomb load & 1,220 kg of fuel cannot be achieved as aircraft is way too slow in the game and lacks maximum bomb load as well
19.) Aircraft climb rate is not correct in the game
20.) Incorrect maximum permissible speed in the game
21.) Lotfe bomb sight viewport is incorrect in shape
22.) Lotfe bomb sight is missing
23.) Ju 88 A-4 in the game has wrong or missing exterior bomb racks such as the ETC 500 IX missing from the outer wings or the Schlosslafette 500/1000 XI under the inner wing
24.) Missing landing light on wing leading edge next to the pitot tube
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Technical Moderator

This is just the third such detailed post about the 88A-4 errors.

Although it has more subject details than the others.

Maybe third times the charm?

• Upvote 5

• Technical Moderator

I made thread because I was sick of this aircraft's nerfage. Also check out my He 111 H-16 thread:
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/154498-1412712-he-111-h-16-bombloads-armament-performance

And you are doing a great job too!

:good:

(BTW, installing the nose 20mm meant the bomb sight was removed, no space for both. Makes it like a Stuka)

• Upvote 2

And you are doing a great job too! (BTW, installing the nose 20mm meant the bomb sight was removed, no space for both. Makes it like a Stuka)

If anything results from these threads I will make two more for the He 111 H-3 & H-6....Since the bomb sight in the game is already removed / missing I think it would make no difference...

Edited by TT33a
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Suggestion passed to developers   :salute:

Thank you for the suggestion  :good:

• Upvote 4