Tchar

M6A2E1  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this USA heavy

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...

ha ha. looks like it could make an ok prem. what tier/br? that gun suggests a pretty high one

Tier IV, roughly BR 6.0-6.7

Edited by PikachuTrainer
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...
  • Senior Forum Moderator

I'm totally for this tank, but it should be a T3 premium tank or something. Not a regular one.

E also means Experimental.

Oh the joys of American naming convention.

Oh **** its an M3 !, oh wait its the light tank.  Oh look its a little M3 light tank, oh **** thats a 75mm gun on there.

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Moved to Further discussion. 

• Senior Forum Moderator

Moved to Further discussion. 

Cheers.

I'm still for this tank as a premium one. We already have such tanks as premiums, so why not this tank. It was at least 2 times built if i remember right and 15 were ordered.

"General electric was responsible for building the tanks, and had drawing plans. all tanks were to be built on the M6A2 hull (T1E1) a total of 18 were to be given to GE for this purpose with a total of 15 built, and 3 to be cannibalized for parts if needed. M6 and M6A1 tanks would be available if they needed more parts.

From the history of the M6A2E1.

"The turret and gun mount design which had previously been laid out for another vehicle under consideration. Since this design was near completion, necessary turrets can be available promptly"

When they canceled the program the go ahead was given to build 2 of the tanks for study and as ordnance test facilities to expedite the development and tests of turrets for tanks T29 and T30.
They ended up giving GE 4 M6A2 hulls for this project. All told 3 turrets were built, 2 finished and one rough for ballistic testing."

We have pictures of the M6A2E1-1 tank, but there doesn't seem to be any of the M6A2E1-2.

medal

• 3 weeks later...

WoT apparently is going ahead to remodel the tank to be what was meant to be built as with the slopped front armor.

medal

Please no, it was a total failure and was not forwarded for production for a reason.

I can accept prototypes for balance reasons or to fill up gaps in the progress tree, but this is just not needed.

I fail to see any use of this heavy and impractical behemoth in the US line.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It never went forward for production because the ETO said they had no need for them at the time. They were only going to ever make 15 total anyways, ended up making two.

The problem the tank had was it did not do well on slopes if it had all the extra weight from the 191mm frontal armor. and they did not have enough time could to correct it by lowering the gear ratio within the 90 days.

The entire point of the tank was to basically be what they made the T28/95 for. (taking on fixed fortifications)

Edited by Whelmy
medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the M6A2E1 has been implemented as per Battle Pass Season III,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute: