[1.65.1.118] Continued Ju 88 A-4 missing realism bug

TT33a

I'm entering Tier 3 and here's my current lineup:

I'm definitely keeping this thing until getting the Do217E. From what I hear it is also a part-time dive-bomber? Considering I've been able to shoot down fighters with the defensive guns on the 217J, plus the much better bombload, I think it'll be great to have.

Ju-88 is a money printer. 13mm shreds biplanes, and it can mow the lawn too.

Ju-88 is a money printer. 13mm shreds biplanes, and it can mow the lawn too.

Multiple times now I've been able to:
Rush the right bridge on Essen
Drop more bombs on trapped ground units that all cluster at the end of the broken bridge like lemmings (record is 9+ kills all at once)

Maybe RTB and do it again if the mission lasts that long.

And that's with the current best payload of 4 250kg & 28 50kg, 2400kg total out of a 3000kg realistic bombload.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ju-88 A-1 is coming next patch, hopefully that means that a new 3d model with fixed inaccuracies for the A-4 is coming soon too.

Source?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

From the 'Future Content Rumour Roundup (Currently 1.53)' thread in the general forum.
j3kUasx.jpgEFXTnmt.jpg

HOLY SHIT!
medal

Thank you for all the work you put into this game TT33a!
Its a shame Gaijin probably wont change any of those in the next 3 years.

• Upvote 2
medal

• Technical Moderator

From the 'Future Content Rumour Roundup (Currently 1.53)' thread in the general forum.

j3kUasx.jpgEFXTnmt.jpg

That is great news!  And done right!

I bet you 1000 eagles that they got the max bombload wrong on the Ju 88 A-1:

image.jpg

Current A-4 has this option.

HOWEVER the 88A-1 struggled with that load.  Short wings and 200hp less per engine than A-4 made it very risky to carry max load.

• Upvote 1

Yes but the current A-4 needs a 2 x 1000 + 2 x 500 option as that is the maximum for an A-4.

This option would require raising the BR to 3.0-3.3 (AB) as it is the same bombload as the Fw200 (able to one-shot minibases) on a far better plane. That said, I wouldn't mind the BR raise, it could even be moved to tier II with the A-1 in T1.

• 1 month later...

The A1 hit the server, now it's the perfect time to get a proper A4 (moved to T2 with 3.0 BR). Correct defense armament and missing bombloads would be great. And then, next patch: Ju-188 plz :Ds

Edited by ArthurBloss
medal medal medal

A-4 is supposed to get a HD update next patch according to the rumors thread. I'm not expecting them to fix every mistake with the model as usual but I hope they'll at least correct the defensive armament. Plus I hope they don't pull a Gaijin and decide to go with the weakest defensive armament options for the A-4(which had a few different options for defensive guns and field mods and stuff IIRC) and just give it a bunch of MG 15 or something.

medal

• Technical Moderator

The A-1 has 375 rounds in its forward firing weapon which is probably incorrect

375/75 = 5 doppel-something.

But yes, technically the entire load of ammo could be used, but difficult to implement such system.

A-4 is supposed to get a HD update next patch according to the rumors thread. I'm not expecting them to fix every mistake with the model as usual but I hope they'll at least correct the defensive armament. Plus I hope they don't pull a Gaijin and decide to go with the weakest defensive armament options for the A-4(which had a few different options for defensive guns and field mods and stuff IIRC) and just give it a bunch of MG 15 or something.

I did/will have to press them for 2 versions of the A-4, an  early and late.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Would be nice to get those rear gunner positions for the A4 to differentiate it a bit more from the A1 (and move it to T2).

4bxogvm.jpg

Edited by ArthurBloss
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Fast, climbs well, good armament (MG81 buzzsaws), 3000kg max payload, great straight line energy retention.

Currently I use the 1500kg bombload for RB Tanks with this thing. It works extremely well at that job.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 months later...
  • Technical Moderator
2 hours ago, TheJoker1432 said:

How in the heavens name is this not forwarded?

It is.

On the LONG list to be updated.  :(

• Technical Moderator
23 hours ago, TT33b said:

I will die of old age before this is updated

I know. :(