Renault B1-Bis suggestion

ThomasElsass67

I can see it in British tank tree....French tanks on branch

Same thing like Italian planes in German tree!

My suggestions for French tanks!

Char 2C French Super Tank:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/263531-char-2c-french-super-tank/#entry5086234

S35 Somua:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/263508-somua-s35/#entry5085462

Lets get our French tanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

I support this. There should be two versions, though:

one for the germans

and one for the British tech tree. ATM, the french simply don't have enough vehicles for their own independent tree, not even with produced prototypes. Like Japan, a lot of their vehicles would be stuck at tier 1 and early tier II, and then you'd have nothing until the end of the war.

Japan, on the other hand, has the bonus of having a lot of produced prototypes.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

it couldn't AFAIK, the tank's hull was turned to aim it in the horizontal plane 

I thought so, are there any examples of secondary guns in game that fire but can't turn left or right? The Churchill I when it comes out, but I'm still wondering if they'll make the B1's hull howitzer function as the Churchill I isn't out yet.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I was an ardent oppositor to the ridiculously useless Renault Ft-17 in game, but I am a HUGE supporter of the Char B1-bis.   It was a fine and useful tank that the Germans feared and then used enthusiastically when they captured it.   It could compete and I'd love to see it

And I also believe the place to put it is in the British tech tree, just like Dw 502 and the Italian planes in the German tree are now, with a premium as a captured vehicle in the German tree after a bit.

This tank deserves a snowball's chance in hell of happening, whereas I believe the Intl. forces or French forces tech trees do not.   They are so marginal and so deeply buried on Gaijin's to-do list that we'll never see them before the game goes the way of all flesh and withers into immateriality.   All campaigns to drum up support for these tangential trees and other odd pre-war prototype vehicles are just so much pissing into the wind.   The British tank tree will be thin anyway (both in armor and no. of vehicles) so this would give them some tier I-II punch.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I support this. There should be two versions, though:

one for the germans

and one for the British tech tree. ATM, the french simply don't have enough vehicles for their own independent tree, not even with produced prototypes. Like Japan, a lot of their vehicles would be stuck at tier 1 and early tier II, and then you'd have nothing until the end of the war.

Japan, on the other hand, has the bonus of having a lot of produced prototypes.

i disagree. as it stands do we really need Germany having a million captured tanks? or even better, do we really need more captured anything at all? from what i understand Captures really mess up Sim battles 

medal medal medal medal

i disagree. as it stands do we really need Germany having a million captured tanks? or even better, do we really need more captured anything at all? from what i understand Captures really mess up Sim battles 

I'm in partial agreement with you.   We do NOT need captured vehicles in game if the vehicle was only a sort of curiosity used for testing by the captor.   But if that vehicle was captured in numbers, and admired by the captor, so much so that they tried to field them, improve them, and re-purpose them in numbers, then it makes perfect sense to put them in game.   The Char B1bis is a perfect example of the latter.   160 were captured and put to use by the Germans, some were even taken to the Eastern front and some were re-captured and successfully used by the Free French.

The 5 captured Axis planes in the American tree are perfect examples of the former, captured vehicles that should not be there.  And we all know why they are there.   It's a "skin" expansion of another tree using existing models.   Cheap and easy to do.

I'm in partial agreement with you.   We do NOT need captured vehicles in game if the vehicle was only a sort of curiosity used for testing by the captor.   But if that vehicle was captured in numbers, and admired by the captor, so much so that they tried to field them, improve them, and re-purpose them in numbers, then it makes perfect sense to put them in game.   The Char B1bis is a perfect example of the latter.   160 were captured and put to use by the Germans, some were even taken to the Eastern front and some were re-captured and successfully used by the Free French.

The 5 captured Axis planes in the American tree are perfect examples of the former, captured vehicles that should not be there.  And we all know why they are there.   It's a "skin" expansion of another tree using existing models.   Cheap and easy to do.

i think Gaijin should have limited Captures to ones that were actually used in combat. too late for that now 

Edited by Armoredbeercan
medal medal medal medal

i think Gaijin should have limited Captures to ones that were actually used in combat. too late for that now 

This would make sense. IMO they should allow more captured tanks, however they should also have regular tree counterparts. The captured B1's were used in combat, weren't they? The B1 should come in both a French tech tree and a captured German vehicle.

This would make sense. IMO they should allow more captured tanks, however they should also have regular tree counterparts. The captured B1's were used in combat, weren't they? The B1 should come in both a French tech tree and a captured German vehicle.

people say that they won't make a French TT. i don't buy it. as the Devs have gone back on stuff before.

heck you could make a tree, just like WG did. adding protos isn't an issue anymore as we have plenty of Protos and blueprint aircraft/tanks

medal medal medal medal

people say that they won't make a French TT. i don't buy it. as the Devs have gone back on stuff before.

heck you could make a tree, just like WG did. adding protos isn't an issue anymore as we have plenty of Protos and blueprint aircraft/tanks

I agree, so long as these tanks existed, they should be fine. I even support paper tanks, however I know most WT players will be opposed to adding paper tanks in the French line.

I agree, so long as these tanks existed, they should be fine. I even support paper tanks, however I know most WT players will be opposed to adding paper tanks in the French line.

well they don't have much choice as the R2Y2 we have is complete paper.

the Devs have shown that they're willing to use blueprints to fill gaps in trees that need it 

medal medal medal medal

well they don't have much choice as the R2Y2 we have is complete paper.

the Devs have shown that they're willing to use blueprints to fill gaps in trees that need it 

The problem with this though is that the French tech tree would have too big gaps or too many gaps. We might see an entirely line made solely of paper tanks, and a lot of players would be asking for it to be removed.

Could they build a French tech tree?   Sure, they could build anything.   Will they build a French tree or an Italian tree or add Japanese tanks or add ships?   Judging by the pace of 2015 releases and updates, I'd say don't hold your breath.   You'll be all grown up and in college with only vague memories of the game you used to play before they get arountoit with a French tree.  And the Italians would be in line ahead of them anyway, so that's two breaths you'd have to hold.

To their credit, they do seem to have their priorities in good order.  The Brit tanks seem close, at long last.   They've added good planes and tanks recently, ones of some use with much clamor behind them.   My $64,000 question is will ships come first or will the game die first?

• Upvote 1

Could they build a French tech tree?   Sure, they could build anything.   Will they build a French tree or an Italian tree or add Japanese tanks or add ships?   Judging by the pace of 2015 releases and updates, I'd say don't hold your breath.   You'll be all grown up and in college with only vague memories of the game you used to play before they get arountoit with a French tree.  And the Italians would be in line ahead of them anyway, so that's two breaths you'd have to hold.

To their credit, they do seem to have their priorities in good order.  The Brit tanks seem close, at long last.   They've added good planes and tanks recently, ones of some use with much clamor behind them.   My $64,000 question is will ships come first or will the game die first?

the game will die

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

The problem with this though is that the French tech tree would have too big gaps or too many gaps. We might see an entirely line made solely of paper tanks, and a lot of players would be asking for it to be removed.

You are right....

My opinion is this....they need  to add French tanks in British tank tree.....cause french had one of the best tanks at the start of the ww2

S35 Somua..Char 2c..B1bis,FCM 36,H35....They can be in T1,2,3 not full line of tanks! Just like Italian planes in German tree!

the game will die

This game will hardly die...dude look the game today....When i was in the test alpha for Air forces..it was whole differend game

Today they improved the game so much....Every day new players come...every day players play the game

I am 100% sure that they will add french jap and italian tanks cause they said it on Q&A...and ships...omg!

This game will last alot i can tell you

medal medal medal medal

french had one of the best tanks at the start of the ww2

S35 Somua..Char 2c..B1bis,FCM 36,H35....They can be in T1,2,3 not full line of tanks! Just like Italian planes in German tree!

To my mind any French WW2 tank will be less than 2.3 BR. I agree that a couple of French tanks could be added to British and German tree, and French independent tech tree is needless.

medal medal medal

To my mind any French WW2 tank will be less than 2.3 BR. I agree that a couple of French tanks could be added to British and German tree, and French independent tech tree is needless.

http://french-tech-tree-supporter.weebly.com/armeacutee-de-terre-ground-forces.html

And the actual test for the final tree: http://cdn-live.warthunder.com/uploads/d1/d135a94cb0d27fc491c5f7e303a07f56d55d88/8nzo.jpg

medal medal

And the actual test for the final tree

648258techevilwolf15.jpg

So I think all tier 1 and 2 tanks would be under 2.3 BR. At tier 3 only SARL42 with 75mm L/44 would be 3.3 BR and ARL44 Prototype - 5.7 BR, everything else still under 2.3 BR. All tier 4 and 5 tanks would be over 6.0. And I am not even talking about a lot of prototypes at tier 2 and 3 and post war tanks at tier 3 and 4.

medal medal medal

648258techevilwolf15.jpg

So I think all tier 1 and 2 tanks would be under 2.3 BR. At tier 3 only SARL42 with 75mm L/44 would be 3.3 BR and ARL44 Prototype - 5.7 BR, everything else still under 2.3 BR. All tier 4 and 5 tanks would be over 6.0. And I am not even talking about a lot of prototypes at tier 2 and 3 and post war tanks at tier 3 and 4.

Actually the FCM 2C bis could feasibly be higher since it had iirc a 155 mm howitzer on it (giving it comparable armament to a KV-2, enough to annihilate anything it'd face with an HE shell even with a near miss).  Of course it's not on this particular tree though.

Now I AM a bit worried about the massive number of autoloaders on this particular tree.  A tank like the AMX 13 is simple to balance since it's a light tank with a 75 mm gun, which can only fire off twelve shots before needing to retreat to reload the ammo drums for the better part of an hour (obviously it wouldn't be that long in-game of course), but the other vehicles could be a bit more difficult to balance.  Also, the end-tier tank for the French medium branch should be the AMX-30.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Actually the FCM 2C bis could feasibly be higher since it had iirc a 155 mm howitzer on it (giving it comparable armament to a KV-2, enough to annihilate anything it'd face with an HE shell even with a near miss).  Of course it's not on this particular tree though.

It is there just under regular FCM 2C marked with only orange label. And I doubt that it would be useful with BR larger than 3.0 because it had both poor armour and mobility.

medal medal medal