Renault B1-Bis suggestion

ThomasElsass67

A look at the tree confirms my worst fears.   There's nothing in tiers II and III but project and paper tanks.   I'm afraid the FTT will just have to be a sampling attached to the British tree.

But cheer up, those french choices grafted onto the british tree might produce some very tasty fruit.   Right now, we're excited over the British tree, but when we actually take those slow, large, thinly-armored, slab-sided things into combat and they go boom, we'll be looking around for a Char B1bis right quick.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

A look at the tree confirms my worst fears.   There's nothing in tiers II and III but project and paper tanks.   I'm afraid the FTT will just have to be a sampling attached to the British tree.

But cheer up, those french choices grafted onto the british tree might produce some very tasty fruit.   Right now, we're excited over the British tree, but when we actually take those slow, large, thinly-armored, slab-sided things into combat and they go boom, we'll be looking around for a Char B1bis right quick.

The same goes for their aircraft tree sadly.  Fortunately Italy doesn't have this problem with their planes (their tanks on the other hand are in the same position as the French and Japanese) - they could feasibly have a full tech tree with a fighter line up to rank 5 (and a second one up to rank 4), a bomber line up to rank 4, and an attacker line up to rank 4 without resorting to paper projects, prototypes or foreign imports (although they could have the De Havilland Vampire on one of their fighter lines).  A handful of prototypes could be added to fill in certain gaps but none of them would be OP by any means.  The only thing the Italians would lack would be a jet bomber (since they didn't really NEED one irl, their Air Force post-war being primarily focused on defense and in any case they surrendered before they could develop a wartime jet bomber of their own), but the GR.91s were capable of fulfilling the fighter-bomber role so that could make up for it.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I agree.   Plus Italy already has 11 planes completed vs 1 D.520.   And while it would be nice to have the MS 406, its sluggish engine doesn't get me excited.   None of the Italian fighters are really bad flyers in spite of their pop guns and I can think of a half dozen more I'd love to have.   Thoughts of the three "5" series fighters make me positively giddy.

Edited by YoMama2

And you based your Br on what? Do you know their capacity? And this are old version wich shows most of the tanks that could be in, we have plenty of other tank and i gave you the link of the modern one in construction wich every tier are full.

medal medal

And this are old version wich shows most of the tanks that could be in, we have plenty of other tank and i gave you the link of the modern one in construction wich every tier are full.

The only new French tanks in newest tech tree are 5 ELC tanks from 1955 and a lot of Shermans and Chafees. 9 regular American tanks in French tree are ridiculous.

medal medal medal

Where's the AMX ELC bis? I think the AMX 40 should be in the regular tree, it might make sense in the heavy line as it's slow and well armored- especially with its rounded design. Unless I'm jumping to conclusions on its speed.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I agree.   Plus Italy already has 11 planes completed vs 1 D.520.   And while it would be nice to have the MS 406, its sluggish engine doesn't get me excited.   None of the Italian fighters are really bad flyers in spite of their pop guns and I can think of a half dozen more I'd love to have.   Thoughts of the three "5" series fighters make me positively giddy.

The French have three aircraft actually, the others being the D.521 and the DB-7, albeit the D.521 is basically just a reskined D.520 unlike what the real one probably would've been if it were completed.  The DB-7 on the other hand was iirc the first major production model of the Havoc/Boston bomber series as the French were the first major customer for the type.  As a result it's built to their specifications with French weaponry and that ***-backwards throttle arrangement where you pull back on it to increase power.  Of course neither one is regularly available for purchase.

Edited by Z3r0_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

If we're counting quick and easy re-skin jobs, you could also count the P-36 which could be re-camo'ed and turned into a Hawk 75 lickety-split with weaker guns and nerfed engine.   Oh boy, that thought excites me even more.

If we're counting quick and easy re-skin jobs, you could also count the P-36 which could be re-camo'ed and turned into a Hawk 75 lickety-split with weaker guns and nerfed engine.   Oh boy, that thought excites me even more.

That's not strictly a reskin though as it has different performance characteristics and armament.  The D.521 is a reskin, the DB-7 and Hawk 75 are not.

Ridiculous? they were modified by France, so they are not pure "American Regular" vehicle..

Plus, i maded this topic to suggest something, not that haters like you throw their childish hate and talking about something they don't know. You are prompted to go away. If you are not a supporter, go away.

medal medal

If you are not a supporter, go away.

I support B1 bis and other French WW2 tanks in Britain or German trees as premium or regular. I could even support French tech tree with only tier 1, 2 and 5. For example AMX50 is fine because it definitely deserves BR 7.7 and could nicely fit into tier 5 along other prototypes. But prototypes and transformed American tanks from 1950s, which deserves only 3.0 - 5.0 and would face late Pz4s, are inappropriate.

medal medal medal

M4DSEN do you just even know the capacity of those tanks? You tell br but what is your conclusion based on? Did you searched the info in military archive like we, or principally Umbriellan done?

If we work and present a French GF tech tree it's because it's possible, Gaijin, like you and many other people have an attive conclusion about French tanks without doing the minimum of research. And if we would add 2 or 3 proto, what would be the problem? It's not like There's already plenty of them (GF or Air) in every nation. Only for German GF i m actually doing there's plenty of proto, i'll be tier 5 in it and there's only proto. Only the Leopard I isn't, and tier IV is half maded of proto. And now shall we talk about German Air tree, or every tree of other nations?

Because it's France proposing 3 proto it's a drama, but for the other nation it's okay...

medal medal

And if we would add 2 or 3 proto, what would be the problem? It's not like There's already plenty of them (GF or Air) in every nation. Only for German GF i m actually doing there's plenty of proto, i'll be tier 5 in it and there's only proto. Only the Leopard I isn't, and tier IV is half maded of proto. And now shall we talk about German Air tree, or every tree of other nations?

Because it's France proposing 3 proto it's a drama, but for the other nation it's okay...

I have counted only non-premium tanks and tank destroyers at tier 3-4. To my mind prototypes at tier 5 are fine.

German:

Tier 3: all 11 tanks was serial.

Tier 4: 1 blueprint out of 7.

Soviet:

Tier 3: all 8 tanks was serial.

Tier 4: also all 8 tanks was serial.

USA:

Tier 3: 1 proto out of 7.

Tier 4: 1 proto and 1 too late tank (M41 from 1952) out of 6.

8nzo.jpg

French:

Tier 3: FCM F1 was a prototype, m4a3 and m4a4 were only replacement with newer american engine, regular M24 Chaffee. Also Chaffee with new gun and AMX13 with Chaffee's turret from 1957. So only FCM 2C and two tank destroyers remains at Tier 3.

Tier 4: ARL44prototype, AMX50-90 and AMX50-100 were also prototypes. One more Sherman with just newer Continental engine and 2 Shermans with new FL-10 turret. AMX 13 were from 1952. All five ELCs were prototypes from 1957 and later. So only ARL44 and tank destroyer remains at Tier 4.

Currently 95% of players play on regular mass produced tanks at Tier 3-4, but with such French tech tree 95% of team would consists from either French prototypes from 1950s, or from modified American tank still from 1950s. That's the problem, too much late prototypes compared to mass produced serial tanks.

And there is no need to research archives to propose approximate BR, because War Thunder is very simple simulator and tank's specifications are enough to determine BR. After all tank's behavior simulates based on common specifications.

Edited by M4DSEN
medal medal medal

ARL-44 and AMX-50/100 prototype? Someone need to update his info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEVxCPWeEyM

And what's the prob with US tanks modified by France? They were made in series, not 1 or 2 like the German KV or something else.

Plus, for the second time, this topic is a SUGGEST, if you have nothing to talk about the B1 then don't talk, we don't need bashings here. You don't seems to understand the purpose of this topic. Now, go away.

medal medal

No, what you are saying is "AGREE with the OP or you don't have a right to an opinion, because we don't want Gaijin sensing that many players don't agree with the need for a French tree".

I actually agreed with the value added to the game of including the B1 bis in my first post -- which was the topic of this thread, I thought, before it got hijacked into discussing the glorious (but thin) French GF tree proposal  

Or is the original topic of the thread just a teaser?  Was the "candy" of discussing the B1bis just the lure to get us into your white van of discussing the French Tech Tree?

Edited by YoMama2

ARL-44 and AMX-50/100 prototype? Someone need to update his info

ARL44prototype was prototype, ARL44 was serial produced tank. This French tech tree includes both of this tanks. All AMX50s were prototypes, there were produced two tanks with 100mm cannon and three with 120mm, and then project was abandoned.

And what's the prob with US tanks modified by France? They were made in series, not 1 or 2 like the German KV or something else.

They were just replacement one engine by another American engine, Chrysler Multibank was replaced by Continental R975. Other modifications with new guns or turrets weren't serial. And I suppose they suggested as non-premium tanks, but German KVs are premium.

And again, I support B1bis and other serial French tank and personally I would like to see them in a couple of branches inside British tree as non-premium.

medal medal medal

YoMama2, i NEVER started this discussion and want to keep only about the B1, that's why i tell him to go away with his bashing comments, there are topic about French Tech Trees, here it isn't.

M4DSEN, then you have to say ARL44 Proto, and not just ARL44, and ARL44 Proto were made by Vichy. And for the French modified tanks they were made in series and most of them sold to Egypt and Israël. M4 FL/10 wasn't rare like M50 and M51 Super Sherman was't rare aswell. Now for the third and last time go away! This isn't the subject for it and we don't need your bashing comments, next time i'll call an admin.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

News for B1 bis:

almost almost done... ^^ (this time without pixels)

Wow! :D It looks amazing even its not done XD Good job!

And someone is saying French doesnt have too much tanks to fill up the tree? REALLY?? :I

They have tanks..alot of them...

And if it doesnt have tanks for t4,t5...they got plenty of tanks for t1-t3 branch...

Edited by EnkoACE
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal