Renault B1-Bis suggestion

ThomasElsass67

RohmMohc this is an Hotchkiss :D

And yep i meant it as premium but is the British tech tree, but i don't care if it goes to the German or British side, the time i have my smexy tank i m happy. :)

medal medal

RohmMohc this is an Hotchkiss :D

And yep i meant it as premium but is the British tech tree, but i don't care if it goes to the German or British side, the time i have my smexy tank i m happy. :)

Same! :) If i dont like the German skin..ill download or make French custom skin xD

https://warthunder.c...log/current/816

Devs answered on the Q&A....they will add some French premium tanks to Germans..

For the tree..its unclear...but i got much hope for the British branch tanks....

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

ok this then

Berm+B1+bis.jpg

and why should only the brits have them as prems considering the germans also used them in fair numbers?

medal medal medal medal

ok this then

Berm+B1+bis.jpg

and why should only the brits have them as prems considering the germans also used them in fair numbers?

I want to play it in WT now :( I wanna shoot PzIII and pz4 with it in Ash River on A on the hill xD

medal medal medal medal

I want to play it in WT now :( I wanna shoot PzIII and pz4 with it in Ash River on A on the hill xD

you should look at it's side... it has a Balkenkreuz on it

medal medal medal medal

you should look at it's side... it has a Balkenkreuz on it

I play arcade xD

Idk why but for me most enjoyable tanks to kill is pz3..that flat front side looks soo enjoyable to shoot it XD

Edited by EnkoACE
medal medal medal medal

amusingly the Panzer IIIs with the spaced armour should be quite immune to the T-34s shells there... irl the T-34s shells exploded between the first layer and the second layer... doing no damage to the Tank itself... don't now if it's like this ingame

medal medal medal medal

amusingly the Panzer IIIs with the spaced armour should be quite immune to the T-34s shells there... irl the T-34s shells exploded between the first layer and the second layer... doing no damage to the Tank itself... don't now if it's like this ingame

PzIII L and M only got that 20mm added armor on the front

For t34...idk man....maybe shell explodes on the 20mm armor then shrapnels go trough 50mm armor?

For me..sometimes it just goes trough 20mm armor... :I

medal medal medal medal

For t34...idk man....maybe shell explodes on the 20mm armor then shrapnels go trough 50mm armor?

i hope you now how, sorry, stupid that sounds... considering not even a 122mm HE round has 50mm of penetration and then the Shrapnells of a 76mm APHE round should be able to penetrate 50mm of frontal armour?

medal medal medal medal

Idk :/

That spaced armor is made for high explosive rounds

I dont know that much about it

I think that HE round when hits armor it just explodes...

Armor piercing rounds are lighter and faster....so it goes straight trough the armor

Sorry for my bad english xD

medal medal medal medal

That spaced armor is made for high explosive rounds

no it was made to let APC rounds get decapped... and the Soviet shells had such a low ressistance on their fuze that they led them to blow up before hitting hte main armour

medal medal medal medal

no it was made to let APC rounds get decapped... and the Soviet shells had such a low ressistance on their fuze that they led them to blow up before hitting hte main armour

Im not sure for that mate

And russian L-11 cannon got APHEBC rounds....when you see in xray the round goes trough the armor...and explodes inside the tank when it makes a second impact

medal medal medal medal

Maybe the game works differend....when u take a look in the shells types on game u can see only 2 AP effects...

In the picture of shell types u can see yellow explosion on the tip on shell...other one is gray...

The gray effect is shows that it just goes trough armor....yellow one explodes when it goes trough armor

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:159981]
medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Moved to Further discussion.

Please keep off topic posts (like the ones above with Panzer III) at a minimum from this point on. If certain members wish to discuss about the French Tech tree,they're welcome to do so in the respective sections/threads,but not here. This topic is about the Char B1. tank and the discussion should be focused on that.

• Upvote 2

Moved to Further discussion.

(warning: to found the true sens behind the script below, please read/say everything without breathing once)

Hurray !

A new french premium in-game for an unkown tech-tree, but probably german, because british are already too OP & the german need more unit !

And it will be a tiers II facing T-34 with a BR4.0 because it's french so it's OP YAAAAYYY~~~~

(now you can breath as you want)

Okay I stop trolling...

So:

1- it will be a premium unit (because no other nation need it in his lines)

2- probably British (historical as the D.520), German (possibly without the 75mm, and possibly with an unworking flamthrower), or even Italian (turretless, because Italy).

3- tiers I or II/early everything depend on the 47mm potential penetration & the existence+power of the 75mm howitzer (able to take out every german unit in 1940 as far as 800m maximum)

Happy to see it in further discussion, but regret that the french-tree is still not planned (officialy - from what I know so far) so it means that we will need to buy it ($ / £ / €).

Edited by Umbriellan
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Guys? What BR should B1 have? I think 3.3 :)

Kv1 L-11 is 3.7 so....

Dont forget that B1 have 75mm cannon in the hull! :D

Edited by EnkoACE
medal medal medal medal

- probably British (historical as the D.520), German (possibly without the 75mm, and possibly with an unworking flamthrower), or even Italian (turretless, because Italy).

why without hte 75 and with a non working flamethrower... either a 75 or a WORKING flamethrower... sure would benearly useless.. .but atleast it'd be somethnig...

medal medal medal medal

why without hte 75 and with a non working flamethrower... either a 75 or a WORKING flamethrower... sure would benearly useless.. .but atleast it'd be somethnig...

The german used two kind of B1:

-B1 for training = turret, with his 47mm SA35, but without the 75mm in the hull (german DONT like it) => it's the WoT B1 german premium. Used for training purpose

-B1 flamethrower = german copy of the french one, 75mm removed for the flamthrower. But in-game such thing will not appear soon. So if you want the B1 sooner, forget about it.

Kv1 L-11 is 3.7 so....

Everything depend on the 47mm SA35 penetration. Using french penetration: it will be able to take out T-34 under 200m~. Using the german penetration, it will not be able to fight anything like the T-34 or even the T-50.

The 75mm in the hull is an howitzer. Yes: able to penetrate 35mm at 400m@35° "using french penetration data" and can move only at 1° on the lfet & right (unlike the M3 Lee/Grant).

So if you take all "best performance" it will be more or less a slower M3 Lee. Not a KV-1.

Edited by Umbriellan
medal medal medal medal medal medal

The german used two kind of B1:

-B1 for training = turret, with his 47mm SA35, but without the 75mm in the hull (german DONT like it) => it's the WoT B1 german premium. Used for training purpose

-B1 flamethrower = german copy of the french one, 75mm removed for the flamthrower. But in-game such thing will not appear soon. So if you want the B1 sooner, forget about it.

Everything depend on the 47mm SA35 penetration. Using french penetration: it will be able to take out T-34 under 200m~. Using the german penetration, it will not be able to fight anything like the T-34 or even the T-50.

The 75mm in the hull is an howitzer. Yes: able to penetrate 35mm at 400m@35° "using french penetration data" and can move only at 1° on the lfet & right (unlike the M3 Lee/Grant).

So if you take all "best performance" it will be more or less a slower M3 Lee. Not a KV-1.

That howitzer will be great if enemy rushes towards you :)

medal medal medal medal

Im so happy for this suggestion guys! XD Thanks..

I really want and i love French tanks.

Cant wait to fight with  my B1 and S35! :)

medal medal medal medal

Kv1 L-11 is 3.7 so....

You seem to vastly overestimate its capabilities.  It would probably fit at 2.3 or so.

The only armament it can use under most circumstances is the 47 mm cannon mounted in the turret, while using the 75 mm howitzer requires one to turn the entire hull of the tank.  Compare that to the KV-1, which has a 76.2 mm cannon mounted in a turret, allowing it to use that cannon regardless of where the target is in relation to the tank.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

You seem to vastly overestimate its capabilities.  It would probably fit at 2.3 or so.

The only armament it can use under most circumstances is the 47 mm cannon mounted in the turret, while using the 75 mm howitzer requires one to turn the entire hull of the tank.  Compare that to the KV-1, which has a 76.2 mm cannon mounted in a turret, allowing it to use that cannon regardless of where the target is in relation to the tank.

You are right about BR :) 2.3,2.0 will be fine!

On that BR...if the howitzer hits the enemy tank...its dead for sure! :)

It will be great if enemy tank rushes towards you

Edited by EnkoACE
medal medal medal medal