Research and Grinding

Quick question on researching a vehicle.  Does the "researching continue while you are off line, or must you have the game up and running to get anywhere?  Also,can someone give me a link where I might inform myself about crew advancement?  I have done some using XPs, but I never feel I completely understand the "buying a crew" thing and it is hard for me to determine the real cost  and what I am buying the crew for.  

Thanks

medal medal medal medal

since i never really looked into the crew skills (yes, i'm lazy ^^) i dont really know all that much...

what i know is that the crew will only get xp when it's being used - so no offline leveling. the experience you've earned in battles

can be distributed on different skills. (the warthunder wiki got a pretty good summary - http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Crew_skills)

with more crews you can have more vehicles in the lineup / preset - however each crew needs to be trained on the vehicle you

put into the slot (so switching slots with a certain vehicle usually is not a good idea) and even playing arcade battles you shouldn't

need all that many slots / vehicles (though having a broad variety may help under certain circumstances)

still i'd recommend to rather have less crews that are well trained than many rookie crews ;)

medal medal medal