Japanese tank decals

vikingrGER

Japanese tank decals  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Which decals would you like to see the most (multiple choice possible)?

• Rising Sun flag
    • Japanese writing
    • Tactical numbers
    • Unit insignias

Hello fellows!

I want to suggest to add Japanese tank decals for our new beloved friends on tracks.

One really important is the Rising Sun flag, which can be found on early Japanese tanks:

pic122123.jpg

Ha-Go

1zcg8i.jpg

I-Go Ko

Type_2_Ka-Mi_tank_turret.jpg

Ka-Mi

Further I would love to see some Kanji on the tanks:

kitaman1.top.jpg

5.62boe150e4wss8wkg8ck0cck4.ejcuplo1l0oo

sikisya.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

Type74-NanaYon_winterlivery.jpg

No tank is complete without a tactical number:

Amph_tank_(AWM_099057).jpg

218_1.jpg

20071003002851.jpg

img_1?1401030679

img_11?1446104303

At the end a few unit insignias would be really nice, like those:

Y2t3X9C.jpg

img_9?1467241942

serveimageS7DW2Y6H.jpg

Type74-2_fs.jpg

Thank you very much in advance for your support! :004_2:

Edited by vikingrGER
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 17
medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

yes please.

all of them are necessary to be added in Japanese decal section. as always i must request that please dont hide them behind warbonds.

if any player care to use decal in historical or semi historical way on planes+tanks. you must follow this thread and check all pages.

Edited by Quasimodo91
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yes that's a captured Stuart Tank, but look closing at the side, I can't tell what type of markings. 

12b3eb7c409bbee5100c1220493fccc6.jpg

h1.jpg

JapaneseArmor_s104.jpg

Edited by RedFlutterZhu
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would also like to  also see Japanese tanker helmets and the regular standard Japanese army helmets in the decoration choices. 

13769500_1_x.jpg

japanese-helmet-cover.jpg

japanese-helmet-cover.jpg

wwii_japanese_army_steel_helmet1_2.jpg

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yay :D... gib jappanesse red circle flag, like the USA flag researchable...

also the rising sun flag is ( * w*)

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, zSektor92 said:

Yay :D... gib jappanesse red circle flag, like the USA flag researchable...

The researchable US star-spangled banner has only 48 stars, unlike the purchasable and current star-spangled banner with 50 stars. Hinomaru (japanese flag) didn't change since 1870, so no need to copy-paste the already available flag ingame (like it didn't happen to Union Jack after introduction of british tanks, because the flag back then wasn't different to the current one). Rising sun flag is different though, should be in game.

• Upvote 3

It's a must! Japanese Tanks have the right to receive decals,skins and 3D decorations,ad an historical feature,very importante for the game! +1

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Bit of an overlap here, a lot of the "kanji" section are unit insignia and tactical markings.

My favourites would be the   marking of the tank school in Manchukuo and the emblem of the 5th Independent Engineer Regiment (although I won't take my chances with the mods and post it), but I'll support any and all of the historical decals.

Oh, and a 突撃! decal is a no-brainer, but we'll have to get the maximum decal size raised back up to use it properly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, vikingrGER said:

Why is that?

The regiment was equipped with the Soko Sagyo engineering tank - commonly abbreviated to "SS" - and, as the emblem was for the side of those tanks, they decided to use that abbreviation for their emblem.  To make it more geometrical and insignia-y, they made the S shape very angular and stylised, then arranged them in a rather striking cruciform pattern, in black in the middle of a white roundel so it stood out against the camouflage.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Orlunu said:

The regiment was equipped with the Soko Sagyo engineering tank - commonly abbreviated to "SS" - and, as the emblem was for the side of those tanks, they decided to use that abbreviation for their emblem.  To make it more geometrical and insignia-y, they made the S shape very angular and stylised, then arranged them in a rather striking cruciform pattern, in black in the middle of a white roundel so it stood out against the camouflage.

Oh, I see. That's always a hot topic :D

medal medal

Hi! I would like to discuss something that I noticed when Japanese Ground Forces entered the game, and thus make a suggestion to fix it.  

First off, let me just express that I'm very happy that Japanese tanks were introduced to Warthunder.  I remember a year or two back that Gaijin explained they probably weren't going to implement them, and they did! That being said, I noticed something off about these Japanese tanks that no other trees have.  Japanese tanks do not have their historic roundel for their tanks.  In fact, the Japanese never even used roundels for their tanks like almost every other country has.  Instead, they used their Japanese flag.

Notice in all of these pictures below, every single Japanese tank has their historic flag printed on them.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

Type-2_Ka-Mi_entire_HD.jpg

Spoiler

5166fcf611598K20D5622_large_medium.JPG

Sadly, this rising sun flag isn't in-game, and thus I can't make my tank look historical as I want it to. Further, the only flag you can buy for your vehicle is the modern "Japan" one for 500 golden eagles.

My suggestion is to add this flag in the "Japan" or "Axis tanks" section of the Warthunder decal shop for 200 GE.  Thank you! :)

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
Prefix

SAUBER_KH7 (Posted )

Merged.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal