Lt. Colonel Lee Archer's/Tuskegee Airmen P-51C-10

Hiya ladies and gentlemen of the Forums! 

I was hoping to suggest a new Premium Aircraft for the American Line. Lt. Colonel Lee Archer was a Tuskegee Airman, having been commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in 1943 and completing flight training not long afterwards, overcoming racial prejudice that was prevalent throughout the country and throughout the Army Air Forces in particular. He was one of only 944 Tuskegee Airmen and was assigned to the 332d Fighter Group of the 15th Air Force in Italy. He is, as of the present day, the only African American Ace in US Military History. Lt. Colonel Archer was best noted for shooting down three aircraft (Three Bf-109s) during a single mission in October of 1944. 

Lt. Colonel Archer's and the Tuskegee Airmen of the 332d Fighter Group flew the North American P-51C Mustang. I'm aware that the other early P-51s have already been released or are on the release tree, but as I stated earlier, I wish for this to be a Premium Ace Aircraft in the same manner as Major Wetmore's P-51D. 

Specifications 

Length: 32 Feet and 2 Inches (9.044 Meters)

Wingspan: 37 Feet (11.2776 Meters)

Height: 12 Feet and 2 Inches (3.657 Meters)

Powerplant: Rolls-Royce Packard Merlin liquid-cooled V-1650-7 engine with 1,490 HP

Weight: 7,365lbs Empty (3336.625 KG), 12,100lbs Fully Loaded (5034.8753 KG)

Armament: 

• x4 M2 .50 Caliber Machine Guns with 1,100 rounds of Ammunition
  • Mounts for up to 1,000lbs of Bombs or 6 HVAR Rockets 

Performance

Can be located here (the P-51B and C are identical outside of the C being produced in Dallas rather than Inglewood, California)

Sources

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/air-force-obituaries/7105227/Lieutenant-Colonel-Lee-Archer.html 

http://www.redtail.org/rise-red-tail/p-51c-mustang-tuskegee-airmen/ 

http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/variants/p51c 

Pictures

US,%20P-51C-10-NT,%20Ina%20the%20Macon%2

photo-by-max-haynes3.jpg

SAUBER_KH7 (Posted )

Your topic is Approved.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 21

With this P51 i can destroy infamous german destroyers with my nerfed fify cals???

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 1/20/2017 at 1:39 AM, ldotEXEl said:

Imo we dont need a P51C. we should get the turboprop mustang or the P51H

I disagree - America's missing a lot of their mid-war stuff, including later models of the P-40 and early models of the P-47 and P-51, not to mention a ****ton of different bombers like the early B-25s (the B-25Js were the LAST major production models), B-26s, early B-17s, and many different B-24 variants.  The P-51H is a possibility (though not required right now - American fighter pilots would do just fine with their current rank 4 fighters if they stopped lawnmowing, which they have even LESS of an excuse for now that so many of their planes get "interceptor" airspawns) but I doubt the turboprop Mustang will make it in.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 1/20/2017 at 7:39 PM, ldotEXEl said:

P-51H would also break game balanced tbh. It should get a BR of it's own where it only versus's 25-lb griffons and Hornets.

medal

+1 from me as well.

On 19.01.2017 at 0:27 PM, *Happiesthammer21 said:

I'm aware that the other early P-51s have already been released or are on the release tree, but as I stated earlier, I wish for this to be a Premium Ace Aircraft in the same manner as Major Wetmore's P-51D. 

It should be not a problem to add both tree variant and premium, considering it's same plane with different paintjob.

Edited by kireta21
medal medal

On 1/20/2017 at 7:39 PM, ldotEXEl said:

Is there any reason why we can't have a historically accurate variant of the aircraft that actually did see combat? 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the P-51H, but I think it'd be awfully hard to balance it. It's far under-armed compared to its counterparts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 19/01/2017 at 14:27, *Happiesthammer21 said:

Pictures

US,%20P-51C-10-NT,%20Ina%20the%20Macon%2

photo-by-max-haynes3.jpg

Yup on 2020 still waiting for this sexy chick rather than modern and traitor vehicles.

Disappointed. 

medal

• 4 weeks later...