Countermeasures against forbidden modifications.

Scarper

Best answer

There is no need to record and post replays with gameplay of players you suspect for using 3rd party apps. We will appreciate if you report them via server replay functionality on our main website. 

For more information, please check this article.

5 hours ago, LaBerta said:

- for example - a team can't be damaged at all (no one single death) and have 85kills with only 3 players? Or people catch fire 4 time in a row and the plane restored himself in the air? Or a jet can climb up and get away from you several kms when both of you are climbing and only him isn't loosing speed? 

There is no such thing due to fact that all that data are hold on Server. We explained it few times already in previous articles and post related to this thread. You cannot have such powers because no cheat have access to server.

• Upvote 4

On 26.03.2017 at 1:53 PM, *Naik_NL said:

As I appreciate the work that's being done against those cheaters I want to give a big thumbs up to Gaijin. 

On the other hand the amount of players that are aware of your location in Realistic, without a direct line of sight, seems to be growing. 

Today some level 94 could see what was on the other side of a small hill on Karelia and managed to shoot two players through that hill.  And earlier I found myself on Kursk well below the crest of a hill with some M16 MGMC on the other side at a fair distance of more than 500 meters shooting overhead my position and clearly following my movements while he was clearly unable to see me. 

It seems there is some kind of cheat marking opponents all the time. 

Reported the one I was killed by, but the M16 I couldn't even see myself...

You cannot shoot people through hills. Please, do not create urban legends.

• Upvote 4

So funny to see how many names I recognize in that list and it's been only 5 months since I'm playing, reported and contributed to banning a lot of those players. Kind of makes me feel good though.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Update: An additional 230 accounts have been permanently banned for using third-party modifications in violation of the user agreement - use of prohibited modifications. (EULA).

I would like to remind you that our recent introduction of the system of reports based on replays has allowed you to report suspicious activity robustly which in turn, helps to improve the modification detection algorithm. This algorithm is based on a machine learning system which allows us to detect almost all players who use forbidden modifications (even if they had not yet been reported).

Please continue to use this browser based reporting system to report any suspicious behaviour to our team.

Remember! Illegal third party applications being used will be detected and bans will follow at the very least and will likely open up your private data to malicious 3rd party fraudulent sites and individuals.

MozzG
saspens
TpakTopucT11
BlackBarret
Teax
ReaperMike
AS_Acer
Korochun
K_O_Podderzhki
knight_sky
sam_lmc

Kopasz_Nyaku
BelarusiK
butttamas
Swolin
bigdady
Julian2
BiuBiu_Kimi
GrandMacadam
Yagokoro_Eirin
_ADMIRAL_
destro1
ParaziTM
DankVapours
RUSSIAN__PILOT
DarthFuhrer39
DreamLin
YerDead
BBC_GRAYHULK
TheMightyMyran
Sapsan59
PaInI
crazzysadman
Benladin
Goughy
ronantheodor
Werdum_Fabricio
Ovfrost

Tumphy

_AcerPredator_
Alex_sheremet
__Rainbow__
AA_Sneaky
IDeViNe_
IL2Style
Speed_Dragon
ApplejackDE
BlackEagle87
GUNMETALGREY
Aretazz1
DBK
Mc_Kenny
Bambincik
Remingt0n

super_dan167
MrPapito
Fireworks1781
DeSten
PROSTAF
Shon_Pride
Lordshonsu
Datrandomguy
concepT
Taonoyza
Kaboom25
_Simulator_
El_Turco
borisofttm
rimis1976
fpwoot
Bronetaz
Xog9I4uu_Tpyn

Xayc_B_DoMe
MrsCanada
Scotlendyard
TechPseut
Soviet_Satan
Dust_Cover
HauptmannV0ss
Paehali92
B_CHE_PAKOB
morgan8472
Vizidius
_BismarcK_
Alphamale305
MISCHAMITZ
SabotON
Anto165
_VIKTORKIEV_
SENSIVITI
wbs503525322
gaomei2008
ppk42
NoxSmoKe
mcbutterkeks90
_AweX_
A_S_P_Coffee
popobear
awSteven
jawisCZ
PeGWHiTe
Nationx
___de1uxe____
DestinyWar
Cage1
BurgerPower
Grossherzog
WaviestGnome
ArisYu
komap71
Mr_Ololo
Nex_x
tov_Denisik
LordGabeNewell
fzy924320074
lmmortaI
Kent_uA
BOXP_68rus
_RuBaKa_
LAPOT
*Mr__Longhorn15
khjafd5f46a5fsss
Dizerr
gilbertoleuck
wakoloko
Zvenbert_
_Astronavt_
SavePlay
MeGaBoT_rus
MOLOT95
Aladdin2015
Signi
Dodle69
Frankie0cn
ItsDragsJR
_Gans___
_GSqd_Pakinamac
Code_9
Ionut_Robert01
hidegokigen
russian_bias_420
XMaxUSX
SNKort
Yuuuuunari
longjumper88
Bean_y
Charlie0814
SHAMAN60
Nek0TheHitman
Vanya_Brest_1987
NikoAnderson
Renamed6992
comrade_Davydov
ZePanzerTiger
Triumph675RR
Tango_314
PLA_JonathanTheF
USSRT34Master
DeidaraSenpaii
GermaniaC
Alysha96199
G_Raiden
nictorose
AniFuhrer
MATSAL_KOSEK
Kamisamadesu
Silence_Rhine
BirkenBY
xsq830502
tigerng
Balabait
Jlaga_cegaH
SloTankist
Lupin_The_Target
fisherdok
Bart_Simpson888
PHOX
TePMUHaTOP_2003
FliegendesEisen
_6319773
Matadordalagoa
LifeOrDie82361
belarusik83
DELUXE_
r6titan
bloodredeagle
kanivalism
WarLordSBG
XENITRON
Zlaya_Bojena
KTO_Tbl_TAKOu
TheAgentRose
ZGMF__X20A
ArabianCaliphate
BoJLt
Avolett
Panzerkampf92
I_KAPATEJIb_I
Wehrmac4t
lCTABPOCl
topher_de_gam
pappy12345
yJluTkaM_6oJlT
LLlePXaH
NaeMnik66
_Game_R_
Mr_guanjian
D3R_W0LF
_LoVi_PlyXy__
kJlon
Ezrealecho
GhostAttacker
IIpocTuT_ytka
KOTtANKIST
iloveyou999
MeatLoaf79
ANTlBlOTlK2
BloodyPsycho
SwegLerd
YoYotheHIyo
XxPurpleThugxX
FA_78_1
VAJRA_RU
LexingtoN7
Zbros122

An additional 87 Accounts were identified over the weekend

zlofree
GSDYAHL
G1Sniper
Senctero
xReLOLx
tim2334
CaptainL
Renamed14072
llGenesisll
Sygni

TheNewLaw
FiveStar2
marijn514
TheProJC
_TUGAN_
SantoRico
Elman71
best_boy555
Drcai
IrOnIGB
Bill_Hikok
gstar98

hd98
Albus_lamia
hoboclown
MotoMaster
bukijs
Iegend27
Tier_0912
MOBIUS1
AlexFatyanov03
_Maabii_

AfricanDrugLord1
littleJQQ
GabZiro
imDewin
Akibeel_
Socom100
AlexGoldman
lobbydog
HAN_Hotfox
Clone67452567452
_Palazur_
SONce
BoomZoomDragon
XtraArrow
BahriUmman
AlanTom
BartoszCholewa
prince_valium
jingpingxi
APLUSVABLELI
Fess48203
Taulantin
LordVicious
PoSkily
__Optimus_
Ba1oo
Dayman88
TheAverageHypeTi
Pete85573
RclCheats
MajorSanders
Pioneer_Play
Cold_Assassin
_Ingener
FreeGaza
Kaven_Bouffard
DamixonPL
Gitu_some_ofthat
badabangbadabum
_mixako_
AreUSure
DesertSpirit
JustShotthendown
PerAdamo
Bombarash
adtiyak
CleverChick
dimasich212
Yoyomore
mr_shuaige
Yu3m7b_1jxpo
warboris01
  • Upvote 14

As a long time gamer I always appreciate when a company takes a really active roll in policing their game, think I will go buy some GE just to show my support.

medal medal medal

On 3/29/2017 at 6:04 PM, LandKreuzer_89 said:

So funny to see how many names I recognize in that list and it's been only 5 months since I'm playing, reported and contributed to banning a lot of those players. Kind of makes me feel good though.

Thanks. Makes me feel good to see them banned! Some of them are not only reckless, but daring bold, too: On a previous list I found one going by the callsign "AimBOt"...:facepalm:

medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Harnesh said:

As a long time gamer I always appreciate when a company takes a really active roll in policing their game, think I will go buy some GE just to show my support.

Same here mate..i started to play active this game, mostly because other games failed me. I bought some premium account last month and im thinking to buy even more and maybe some rank 4 premium tanks. Good job Gaijin! I enjoy seeing someone actually cares about fair play :) I rather be a Ace than be a "pro" player that cheat :)

medal medal

Ok, this can not go on any more. I just report and complain about a type74, he could bounce from his turret 10 shots from Jagtigers, Maus, T54, t62 and so on. It is rediculus. I dont think guys you can deal with hackers, they will be always 1 step forward, but i dont blaim you, you do whatever you can.

Anyway where is the list of baned players?

medal medal

Very good job, indeed!!

I hope you are doing this extremely important work taking in account the "wrong reports" as well...!!

For instance, yesterday a player reported me for flying straight ahead beyond the limits of the map, until the game engine relocated me back in. I saw the replay and could find that me and another enemy plane were pretty close and we were relocated together in a slightly different place to that the reporting guy was flying, who was still heading out of the map. I guess he took that game engine action as a hack, and then he drop me a line about he was reporting me as a hacker!!!

And one more thing, I know this may sound a little ambitious, but have you already considered the possibility to refund some kind of compensation to the players who were affected directly by hackers???

I mean, for instance, to refund every player the hacker killed, at least, with an amount of GE equivalent to a backup vehicle, the same lost due to the hacker killing. Game play time is a little more difficult to refund but could also be possible establishing some equivalences.

Same compensations could be taken to refund a player killed intentionally by a team mate.

I think that if an ""in game" refund justice system" could be implemented many teamkillers and/or hackers would disappear, simply because, at last, they could not harm their victims so much and their malicious actions would be almost in vain.

Just thinking a little further.

Thanks a lot...!!!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi. I was away for some years. i come back 1 month ago. First nice job for the perma bans.

Second i want to ask, how is possible to use third party, when there is no any mods folder so a player can use scripts for auto aim or any other cheat.

Also some days before i was in battle, above 5000 altitude, flying straight line. Suddenly i heard plane engine approach me and from nowhere on clear sky someone shoot me. Here i must say my crew is almost full, pilot is also almost full. When i hear the engine i look at minimap and it was clear. My ping was 72ms. That was a third party program-cheat or not? happens to me 2-3 more times.

I need to know so next time send the replay and gaijin take proper action.

Thanks in advance

PS sorry for bad English.

Excellent work, a toast to the anti-cheat division! :)

Still quite alarming how many people are getting banned, well, sad and alarming.

Pity they don't have third party apps for common sense that tell them not to cheat.

medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, _Daktari_ said:

Very good job, indeed!!

I hope you are doing this extremely important work taking in account the "wrong reports" as well...!!

For instance, yesterday a player reported me for flying straight ahead beyond the limits of the map, until the game engine relocated me back in. I saw the replay and could find that me and another enemy plane were pretty close and we were relocated together in a slightly different place to that the reporting guy was flying, who was still heading out of the map. I guess he took that game engine action as a hack, and then he drop me a line about he was reporting me as a hacker!!!

And one more thing, I know this may sound a little ambitious, but have you already considered the possibility to refund some kind of compensation to the players who were affected directly by hackers???

I mean, for instance, to refund every player the hacker killed, at least, with an amount of GE equivalent to a backup vehicle, the same lost due to the hacker killing. Game play time is a little more difficult to refund but could also be possible establishing some equivalences.

Same compensations could be taken to refund a player killed intentionally by a team mate.

I think that if an ""in game" refund justice system" could be implemented many teamkillers and/or hackers would disappear, simply because, at last, they could not harm their victims so much and their malicious actions would be almost in vain.

Just thinking a little further.

Thanks a lot...!!!

False positives are rare if at all, we do have one or two stolen accounts that are banned after the account has been stolen, but we do have robust verification techniques that can resolve these odd occasions fairly quickly after we have been contacted. proving damage from the bad guys is difficult to quantify and as Im sure you would agree, that would tend to get many false claims. Thanks for your comments though.

2 hours ago, Flying_Toilette said:

Hi. I was away for some years. i come back 1 month ago. First nice job for the perma bans.

Second i want to ask, how is possible to use third party, when there is no any mods folder so a player can use scripts for auto aim or any other cheat.

Also some days before i was in battle, above 5000 altitude, flying straight line. Suddenly i heard plane engine approach me and from nowhere on clear sky someone shoot me. Here i must say my crew is almost full, pilot is also almost full. When i hear the engine i look at minimap and it was clear. My ping was 72ms. That was a third party program-cheat or not? happens to me 2-3 more times.

I need to know so next time send the replay and gaijin take proper action.

Thanks in advance

PS sorry for bad English.

the illegal mods interfere with the code and when that is coupled with strange behaviour, it becomes fairly clear to verify.

Most encounters you will have in the game, and this is still very true, will not be as a result of a 3rd party app and usually centre around good gameplay, situational awareness and proper use of tactics.

2 hours ago, *Tadz_ said:

Excellent work, a toast to the anti-cheat division! :)

Still quite alarming how many people are getting banned, well, sad and alarming.

Pity they don't have third party apps for common sense that tell them not to cheat.

20 minutes ago, Wikoz89 said:

Sad to see some of the banned belong to top Squadrons on Relistic Squadron battles event...like TYT, KOTbl,AFI, LTUUF....

The rise of numbers can be directly linked to publicity of the apps whether unconsciously done as a result of rant videos etc and the proliferation of the hacking fraternity which is always on the rise - This is not at alarming levels at the moment as can be seen from the "newness" of many of the accounts caught red handed. Squadron attempts can simply be attributed to the competitive nature of e-sports.

Thanks for all your supportive comments guys, we really appreciate it.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, SkeletonPigKing said:

I dont know whether "Panzer and Girls" sound pack mod gonna be detected or considered as 3rd party application or Cheat.

Is there anyone can make a statement?

Sound mods are exempt currently, however, that could be reviewed with any giving unfair advantage, right now it isnt the situation. YOU are also responsible for ensuring that any additions do not interfere with the rest of the WT install. Be very careful what you install and make sure you understand what the additional files are doing to your installed game.

8 hours ago, Serpiko82 said:

Good job.

(Why aren't these lists in alphabetical order, though?) 

That's the way they leave the system, usually sorted by date order.

8 hours ago, __Syndrome__ said:

Are these hack becoming more frequent? alone for the last 2 months its over 600 accounts banned. It used to be only a couple not too long ago.

See above, an increase was predicted by us some time ago as more and more players highlight any existing 3rd party apps. This is why we kept it very low key to begin with, but outspoken and damaging videos helped promote them.

6 hours ago, Swagger897 said:

Any word if these players were repeat offenders? 

All accounts listed are permanently banned, that is, any real money spent on them would be lost to the cheater and that would hurt in a lot of cases.

6 hours ago, Harnesh said:

Thank you, we love the honourable customer too. Whether paying or not. o7

• Upvote 2