Countermeasures against forbidden modifications.

Scarper

Best answer

There is no need to record and post replays with gameplay of players you suspect for using 3rd party apps. We will appreciate if you report them via server replay functionality on our main website. 

For more information, please check this article.

Just seen my name on the list today...was shocked at first but kinda makes sense.  I contacted support over the weekend as I couldn't access my account or the game.  Someone was using my account and after I proved who I said I was I was allowed back into the game and managed to spend most of Sunday playing in the April fools event. (Which was awesome)

While I was taking a break from last year, someone hacked my account, enrolled me in a Squadron (PAVOR), deleted all my friends..I gained some new friends, all with Russian names.  

I don't know how they did it, but they put on 2-step verification...so got that taken off and I've just re-enabled it with my phone.

So whether it's good/bad fortune that I decide to come back to Warthunder over the weekend to play the event on Sunday and then get banned by Monday...  I'm mad as hell to be honest...I've spent hundreds of pounds over the years on this game.

I've emailed Vlad in support again, who got my account back for me...and hopefully I can prove it wasn't me cheating as i've not played the game since last year.

I just hope my name hasn't become known as a cheating scumbag while it was stolen... :(  

medal medal medal medal medal

Thank you very much for your work, and for answering our comments!!!

We know all this detective jobs about finding cheats and malicious actions is not easy to do, and seems to be more close to Big Data engines that to the game engine itself. So maybe it is one of the next challenges.

We, the loyal and fair players, really appreciate your efforts.

Thanks a lot!!

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

finally, the bussian_rias_420 player got banned... nice job gaijin!!! that guy ruined almost 10 ace matches to me and my challenger 1...

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hi !

How can I report a suspicious cheaper ?

I always save my replays and check what I've doing wrong and what others are doing right.

The I note someone with same plane as me (P-51) but instead of short amount on munition (500 rounds) with long reload (25s, i guess)

this guy seems to have infinite ammo! He shot down dozens of big airplanes without reloads ! While I shot a few and have to wait long time to reload to get back shooting, he was always shooting.

It may be false positive report, but WTF this guy was doing ? There was a way to check ammo/reload hacks?

medal medal medal medal

• Game Master
9 hours ago, AlexByrth said:

Hi !

I always save my replays and check what I've doing wrong and what others are doing right.

The I note someone with same plane as me (P-51) but instead of short amount on munition (500 rounds) with long reload (25s, i guess)

this guy seems to have infinite ammo! He shot down dozens of big airplanes without reloads ! While I shot a few and have to wait long time to reload to get back shooting, he was always shooting.

It may be false positive report, but WTF this guy was doing ? There was a way to check ammo/reload hacks?

You can always send the replay to one of us Game Masters.  Also, please provide us with a link to the server replay since that is a more accurate account since a replay from your game file can only show what you see and in a lot of cases, isn't always accurate, due to ping, packet loss, etc.  

Also, keep in mind that sometimes, even if your crews are fully aced, a player can seem to "disappear" if you see them at a distance.  This is due to them being far enough away from you or a teammate.  For instance, you might see a plane 20 km away from you then suddenly he disappears.  His appearance was due to one of your teammates being close enough to see them and the player disappears because your teammate that was close to him was shot down or flew out of visual range to him.

But please, continue to report players you may suspect of cheating and send the replays/server replay links to a Game Master via forum message.   Please do not send us a link to upload a replay.  It is best to just "drag" the file to the message where it says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files...." for replays from your replay files and a link to the server replay of that battle.

1 hour ago, Scarper said:

Additional 87 accounts banned recent post edited.

The 87 additional names in the spoiler are not displaying for me.

And thanks for the hard work done for eliminating those guys.

Edit: found them on the Russian forum,

makes now 842 accounts names listed ( duplicates removed ).

btw if you want to class all them in alphabetical order using Notepad++ :

Spoiler

- copy all the names provided in the various lists into a new text document, ( don't care for duplicates, just put the lists one after the other )

- once done select all ( ctrl+A) 

- go to TextFX menu, then TextFX Tools submenu

- Tick "+Sort ascending " and "+Sorts outputs only UNIQUE ( at column ) lines",

- Then click on "Sort lines case insensitive ( at column )" , like here : 

81260920170404154320.png

and done, listed alphabetically and duplicates removed  in case there is some.

Edited by Kanay
medal medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
22 minutes ago, Scarper said:

Additional 87 accounts banned recent post edited.

Thanks for the update.

11 hours ago, AlexByrth said:

Hi !

With ace training and fully upgraded crew its around 10 seconds reload. After evry kill klick reload...and you arrive with fresh 500 bullets on evry target...

Voila...big cheat...ammocount are serverdata and probably not cheatable without access to gaijin Servers.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

In my opinion it is important that the realistic squadron battle have to be removed until all this system have been taken down. it is too big the advantage of this tools.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I was using B0ris' Sound mod and I think got banned for it. Is there any way for me to appeal because I was level 80 and have been playing on that account since 2014? I understand that sounds in B0ris' soundpack are very loud so you can hear tanks from much farther away and I admit I was using this to my advantage, but I in no way thought that it was not allowed, much less worthy of a permanent ban.

Also, if you want proof, I have a YouTube channel with some War Thunder videos on it. I also really need my account back for YouTube videos D: Here is the link to my channel: *I removed the link, just google me if you need my channel*

Best of luck,

awSteven

Edited by awSteven
removed links after reading forum rules

Auscam (Posted )

You need to contact support for guidance regarding same. We are unable to offer support regarding this issue.
https://support.gaijin.net/hc/en-us

16 hours ago, awSteven said:

I was using B0ris' Sound mod and I think got banned for it. Is there any way for me to appeal because I was level 80 and have been playing on that account since 2014? I understand that sounds in B0ris' soundpack are very loud so you can hear tanks from much farther away and I admit I was using this to my advantage, but I in no way thought that it was not allowed, much less worthy of a permanent ban.

Also, if you want proof, I have a YouTube channel with some War Thunder videos on it. I also really need my account back for YouTube videos D: Here is the link to my channel: *I removed the link, just google me if you need my channel*

Best of luck,

awSteven

That makes no since tho Gaijin CTO gave the support to sound mod to the Modding Communitys

http://www.moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

I stopped using the Boris sound mod but i would like to know if the Boris sound mod is a get ban risk from the forum staff. If so i thank there should a topic to show a list of all the mods you can get ban for using because players don't know if these sound mods are a ban risk.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 2/2/2017 at 6:46 PM, Iron_physik said:

~440 is not much at all compared to the typical server population.

right now they are 60000 players online.  440 is just ~0.7% of that.

and 0.7% is not much at all.

It doent matter how many players are cheating % wise   -   the fact that players Pay to Play quite often in this game legitimately and that the other odd 90% are legit only to be conned by those who see fit to act in this manner  -- So 0.7% as you state in one month may be a small amount  but in the last 3 months how many have been caught>?

If youre happy or not - Im please that people are being caught - screw them and their cheating ways -  Big thumbs up to the people who report.

medal medal

I have a general question about this. If I had some of these banned accounts on my blacklist, will they be automatically removed from it upon their permanent ban? It would save me the trouble of going through these lists of players to compare them with whom I've blacklisted.

Edited by PainGod85
medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.4.2017 at 11:30 PM, PainGod85 said:

I have a general question about this. If I had some of these banned accounts on my blacklist, will they be automatically removed from it upon their permanent ban? It would save me the trouble of going through these lists of players to compare them with whom I've blacklisted.

I don't think so.

6 hours ago, HumanSushi said:

Is there a list of the names for players to view?

What a list? The banned accounts? If yes, then yes.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

From today, 164 additional accounts have been permanently banned for using third-party modifications in violation of the user agreement - use of prohibited modifications. (EULA).

The introduction of the reporting system has again proved key in allowing players to participate in keeping the game clear of players who insist on trying to gain unfair advantage. The modification detection algorithm continues to improve.

Having an account permanently banned will result in a player losing everything in that account - Be warned! Thank you guys for your vigilance. o7

All_systems_go
zero_091
Kudesnik
MunichCowboy
nepas
noa3
AlexPanda
ALEX_NAZGUL
RAkkasannn
YDAF16
andrwew_90
f15eagle
Ololo_is_Back
Glebator
Frrt1
supershuai
RnF_Jessica
firrerro
pro100strannik
Geronimo13ru
ziama1987
Marmerstein
GangstaP
ghost07
fantastik6
SgtNightwars
iFBI
fatTroll
_Zamal_
EthanBradbery
Challenged
Pingvinchik228
__Genesis
Zytron

Lufttag
AnUrbanYouth
Romka33rus

glanhead
GODisLOVE
cuanik
MeDanz
Pizza_Man
Ballerkopf
Artiom_CAPATOB
T_W_O
Noggs

Devr
Dart_VaDer
MYRMID0N

Cock_Block
Kalbur
Black993
_BurningFarts_
Sparta177
DiegoF
lolman1031

Saletroo
Marteshadow
ALIGATOR7000000
Thewaltteri
Mirkov4
GnawersPvP
dannyGrim
maxcrave

Deus__ExMachina
darXyde
Honda21
herculesgun
ruslanjan888
Dujaxx
gumby6288
Mad_C0001
CorCody
razut2002
JBrennan1987
GaZms
GERNitr0
KAiZERF1GHTER
OOPMan
lagzxusb
CompChris
nhk6107
_SHannon
kackadep_mike
dan_433
Djxzero
douyong
The_Chosen_Juan
SquiLTioN
ROKoreaA
messer_KZ
*hannelais1
TheCrustyThong
LudwigVanIvan
Nirov
Potatobrain
_X_DRAGON_X_
lXGenesisXl
sPzAbt507_535
opk1ller15
leleshishagua
ediksam
K_A_H_I_C_T_P_A
AAA_AAA_AAA_AAA
Ironhawk94
xiodom
TheSilentFence
IDDQDTa1m0u
Pilot__6n64f
GospursGo
Haibara_Ai_
Andy_Fab
KASTET_C_PLANOM
BungH0li0
longbowcai
eopack22
JoshuaElliott
Pilot89842
Cool_As_Ice
GraniTT
SnowayIn
Ti0jei
BobbyDulles
danik506606
ibnuenu
snqgjx
typelilin
ConcordOfficer
Changas
BeelzeBubz
SkyStarKiLLeR

Sealer2
*POWER_OF_CYPRUS_
Starcraftboy
Prayer_
_GENIRALISSIMyS_
wolfinette
mariano001
Apachewalker
Herzdame
Vasilich_CAPATOB
Deadshot140
zappit
SSG_Madof_
DUBOV_68rus
Slippy_jke
SinePez
dinar___007
dimaisthebest
Potroshitel93
DerpPlanez
Malekyla1980
I_am_bald
_Shalashaska_
Ivanich139699
*NickyD6776
GopSt0p
  • Upvote 9

I keep seeing the list of names - good effort. But can you name the squadrons these player are in as I strongly suspect that certain teams are and have been instrumental in cheating as a group. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Copy paste the players names in game and you will find the squadrons they are in. Few interesting names on that list. Mr.Ololo is back, aligator7000, Herzdame

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal