Jump to content

GER Leopard 1A5 for 9.0/3 (with apfsds)


RefrigerRaider
 Share

4 minutes ago, swpixy said:

Laser rangefinders are modelled differently to Coinicidence ones in game,they give you pretty much instant ranging instead of having to wait.

 

since when?

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, swpixy said:

Owait,nvm.It wasnt the speed,it does however measure more accurately (5m increments) and over longer ranges.

 

AND it isn't instant, but a lot faster than a stereo optical one in game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Lucass_CABJ said:

with reactive armor is if I'm not mistaken and a cannon of 120mm

 

i'd say Mexas and the L7A3, that does not look like the L44

base vehicle still A5/C2 iirc

 

Canada Leopard C2

The C2 variant entered service in 2000. It has concentrated on beefing up the technical capabilities of the vehicle and as such required an increased turret size, so the Canadian Forces purchased 123 Leopard 1 A5’s from the German Army so they can cannibalise their larger turrets to fit the Canadian Tactical Command, Control and Communication System AKA “TCCCS” as well as IRIS radios and GPS. The FCS was also replaced with the EMES 18 and new thermal sights for all conditions-day or night, bad weather or good weather fighting capability. 114 C1’s have been upgraded to the C2 at the cost of $139 million (Canadian).

The C2 is described by the Canadian Army as –

“The C2 is an updated Leopard 1A5, which was developed in Germany in the 1980s. This tank deploys with a crew of four, including a commander, a driver, a gunner and a radio operator/loader. The 105-mm L7A3 gun is capable of engaging targets day and night, while on the move under adverse weather conditions, through the use of a fully stabilized fire control system with an integrated thermal imaging system and laser range-finder. The Leopard C2 Tank is also fitted with a gunner’s secondary fire control system and a commander’s fire control system. It has two 7.62-mm C6 machine guns. One is mounted inside the turret and another can be mounted externally on either the commander’s or the loader’s station”.

Edited by mursuttaja
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucass_CABJ said:

better the Leopard 1A6 with reactive armor is if I'm not mistaken and a cannon of 120mm
 

leopard_1a6_2_by_ckip-d5rbchc.jpg

 

That is a Leopard C2 of the Canadian armed forces. They bought A5s and upgraded them with a german armor package called "MEXAS", that supposedly lifts effective protection up to M1 Abrams standards. : )

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

 

That is a Leopard C2 of the Canadian armed forces. They bought A5s and upgraded them with a german armor package called "MEXAS", that supposedly lifts effective protection up to M1 Abrams standards. : )

 

Physically impossible if you considering the LoS thickness of the modules even with the RHA underneath. If you remember that KE protection can never exceed LoS thickness, then that would suggest that BRL-1 and BRL-2 are extremely inefficient well below XM1 protection requirements. I'd say it's definitely going to stop PG-7VLs, but no guarantees for 3BM-15.

 

Also yeah that picture is that of a C2 MEXAS. The Rh 120 is easily identifiable by the bore evacuator, with its distinctive "hump" facing the top. The L7 and M68 both have cylindrical bore evacuators.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nope said:

 

Physically impossible if you considering the LoS thickness of the modules even with the RHA underneath. If you remember that KE protection can never exceed LoS thickness, then that would suggest that BRL-1 and BRL-2 are extremely inefficient well below XM1 protection requirements. I'd say it's definitely going to stop PG-7VLs, but no guarantees for 3BM-15.

 

Also yeah that picture is that of a C2 MEXAS. The Rh 120 is easily identifiable by the bore evacuator, with its distinctive "hump" facing the top. The L7 and M68 both have cylindrical bore evacuators.

 

1 hour ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

supposedly

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Koty1996 said:

I would say Leopard A3 at 8.7 with DM23 and A5 at some hypothetical 9.3 with DM33.

 

No need to skip tanks or rush tanks into the game.

 

Strongly agree on this. The A4 could just be foldered with the A3 if FC systems were ever to be modeled.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mursuttaja said:

although the Leopard 1 chassis in itself, is problematic for top tier meta atm.

no armor, not enough speed, no regenerative steering, and a lackluster gun at best.

 

The gun isn't the issue if you give it the right ammo. The vehicles it would face at 9.0 are. The MBT70, which GER most of the time faces at that tier, is just better in every single category compared to the Leo. It's faster, has a better gun, better armor, better survivability... 
If they were to put the A3 or A4 in the game at the same Tier as those tanks, you would have to finally correct the loading times of the 105mm L7 cannon and its variations, which should be around 4-5,5 seconds.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

The gun isn't the issue

 

its part of the reason, it got hammered in 1.59 flaming arrows, due to "clubbing".

 

41 minutes ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

finally correct the loading times of the 105mm L7 cannon and its variations, which should be around 4-5,5 seconds.

 

i'm not willing to bet on that, they could have fixed it ages ago, still they chose not to fix it

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Koty1996 said:

4 seconds would be laploading. That would make the T-54 reload in not even 6 seconds.

 

Nope, that's ready rack loading. But I would strongly support a ready rack system with elongated reloads for the other, more difficult to reach ammo racks. :good:

  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2017 at 12:02 PM, Lucass_CABJ said:

better the Leopard 1A6 with reactive armor is if I'm not mistaken and a cannon of 120mm
 

leopard_1a6_2_by_ckip-d5rbchc.jpg

Holy crap almost two pages dedicated to this vehicle; at this point i want to call the canadian armed forces and ask them to perform some test shots (Then hear the immense laughter before they hang up) Also GER has the KPZ-70 which seems to be performing fine; they just need a backup vehicle when they die....not this thing.

 

So for the original suggestion which is the 1A5 with the only functional difference being capable of stowing an APDSFS round that could defeat CMBT armors you have my +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 16/12/2017 at 4:02 PM, Lucass_CABJ said:

better the Leopard 1A6 with reactive armor is if I'm not mistaken and a cannon of 120mm
 

leopard_1a6_2_by_ckip-d5rbchc.jpg

negative, that's not leopard 1A6, that's leopard 1 Canadian C-2

leoc1-kfor.jpg?w=662

1280px-IS2006-1153.jpg

Edited by pieve
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, pieve said:

 

leoc1-kfor.jpg?w=662

^ Thats a Leopard C1 with Mexas ( look at the edgy turret (1A3 shape)

 

10 hours ago, pieve said:

1280px-IS2006-1153.jpg

^ Thats the Leopard C2 with Mexas (turret shaped like a 1A5)

Edited by dotEXCEL
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

^ Thats a Leopard C1 with Mexas ( look at the edgy turret (1A3 shape)

 

^ Thats the Leopard C2 with Mexas (turret shaped like a 1A5)

??? Are you confusing with models

In 2000 a total of 114 C1 tanks were upgraded to the C2 standard to extend their service lives.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, pieve said:

??? Are you confusing with models

In 2000 a total of 114 C1 tanks were upgraded to the C2 standard to extend their service lives.

i know, but the leos in canadian service namely C1 and C2 had both the Add-On armour Pack Called mexas. look at the side of the turrets you posted. these are differnt.

 

the C2 standard was that the canadians bought our leftover 1A5 turrets and replaced the 1A3 turret. with the new turret they needed to adjust the add on pack as well

Edited by dotEXCEL
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

i know, but the leos in canadian service namely C1 and C2 had both the Add-On armour Pack Called mexas. look at the side of the turrets you posted. these are differnt.

 

the C2 standard was that the canadians bought our leftover 1A5 turrets and replaced the 1A3 turret. with the new turret they needed to adjust the add on pack as well

Good boy

Spoiler

ywpPHgu.gif

 

  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, pieve said:

Good boy

  Reveal hidden contents

ywpPHgu.gif

 

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=4939357

I did my homework, we germans keep track on our kitty-cats.

  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dotEXCEL said:
  Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=4939357

I did my homework, we germans keep track on our kitty-cats.

 

not to mention train schedules

  • Haha 1
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...