GER Leopard 1A5 for 9.0/3 (with apfsds)

RefrigerRaider

25 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

And german Tank, euipped with a german developed armour package as a UK premium

A German tank, equipped with a German developed armour package, not being used by the Germans but by a Commonwealth nation. I'm pretty sure Gaijin would just add the basic C2 anyways, I don't think there is enough information available about the exact values and composition of MEXAS to add it.

Now how about we get back to talking about the non-MEXAS Leopard 1A5 the Germans actually used?

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Gaijin's track record of not even getting steel right and trying to implement a vehicle whose armor protection isn't set in stone especially against different kinds of subcaliber. The best data there is on the armor is mostly just this one requirements document, which can only assume the minimum protection level required to pass and not the actual protection level

tipp: go to a museum and ask experts xD

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Mercedes4321 said:

A German tank, equipped with a German developed armour package, not being used by the Germans but by a Commonwealth nation. I'm pretty sure Gaijin would just add the basic C2 anyways, I don't think there is enough information available about the exact values and composition of MEXAS to add it.

Now how about we get back to talking about the non-MEXAS Leopard 1A5 the Germans actually used?

well in the past they gaijin made a statement in regard of the introduction of the T-64 that they are testing additional armour package foother nations, thats why the C2 came up here in the first place, cuz its just an Leopard 1A5 with addon armour

edit:

asasasas.JPG

Edited by dotEXCEL
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

cuz its just an Leopard 1A5 with addon armour

That Germany never used, so mentioning it in a thread about a German Leopard 1A5 is pointless.

medal medal medal medal

Why not? Do you think it would need ammo restrictions to sit at a good spot between the A1A1 and the KPz 70, or would the most powerful round (DM43 iirc) be too good when versing equally tiered oppoments?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

Why not? Do you think it would need ammo restrictions to sit at a good spot between the A1A1 and the KPz 70, or would the most powerful round (DM43 iirc) be too good when versing equally tiered oppoments?

The Leopard 1A5? Would going up to DM43 be necessary for fighting a T-64A? Is DM23 or DM33 not enough?

medal medal medal medal

33 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

That Germany never used, so mentioning it in a thread about a German Leopard 1A5 is pointless.

which germany developed....
we (swpixy and i) asked cokespray about the implementation of certain vehiecles, which where made by germany but not used by them, to the game.
he said that if the nation which used it is not in the game but the nation developed it, the nation of origin gets it. iirc it was about the TAM301.

transfer this to the C2:

the only canadian thing on the C2 is its crew. idea, concept, development and the final product: all german. as long as there is no canadian techtree Leopard's remain in the german techtree

23 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

The Leopard 1A5? Would going up to DM43 be necessary for fighting a T-64A? Is DM23 or DM33 not enough?

DM23 is the M111 Hetz redesignated for the German Militay. Afaic that round was designed to kill the T-64A
DM23 APFSDS-T should have ~400mm @1500m @90°
DM33 APFSDS-T should have ~440mm @1500m @90°

DM43 APFSDS-T should have ~490mm @1500m @90°

Edited by dotEXCEL

5 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

we (swpixy and i) asked cokespray about the implementation of certain vehiecles, which where made by germany but not used by them, to the game.
he said that if the nation which used it is not in the game but the nation developed it, the nation of origin gets it. iirc it was about the TAM301.

transfer this to the C2:

the only canadian thing on the C2 is its crew. idea, concept, development and the final product: all german. as long as there is no canadian techtree Leopard's remain in the german techtree

This is still a thread about the Leopard 1A5 that specifically was used by Germany, not the version that Canada used. The MEXAS add-on armour has nothing to do with this thread as the German Leopard 1A5 never used it. If you want to make a thread about the Leopard C2 that Canada used, then go make it.

medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Mercedes4321 said:

This is still a thread about the Leopard 1A5 that specifically was used by Germany, not the version that Canada used. The MEXAS add-on armour has nothing to do with this thread as the German Leopard 1A5 never used it. If you want to make a thread about the Leopard C2 that Canada used, then go make it.

why? could be a researchable armour package.

1 minute ago, dotEXCEL said:

Because the German Army never used it on their Leopard 1A5s. If the Leopard C2 was added then it could be a researchable armour package, if there is enough info available to model it accurately.

medal medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

Put the C2 in a folder with the 1A5.

55 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Stop being defensive lmao, I asked for your opinions, not if we should eradicate the jews or some ***** up ****.

1 minute ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

Stop being defensive lmao, I asked for your opinions, not if we should eradicate the jews or some ***** up ****.

I'm confused. I don't know where you're getting that from. I was asking why you were jumping to DM43.

medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

I'm confused. I don't know where you're getting that from. I was asking why you were jumping to DM43.

didnt saw that comming as well :dntknw:

Edited by dotEXCEL

2 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

tipp: go to a museum and ask experts xD

Then there's a solid chance of just getting the silly Armor Basics numbers that are already long outdated or some number that doesn't factor in different projectile types nor list the criteria. To have the protection level laid out to the public without some tank nerd professional or not lay out that information as fact means the museum argument doesn't work. So far the only parts of the armor that are perfectly known are the steel areas and nothing else.

2 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

transfer this to the C2:

DM23 is the M111 Hetz redesignated for the German Militay. Afaic that round was designed to kill the T-64A
DM23 APFSDS-T should have ~400mm @1500m @90°
DM33 APFSDS-T should have ~440mm @1500m @90°

DM43 APFSDS-T should have ~490mm @1500m @90°

Actually, M111 Hetz could harm the better armored T-72A hull according to a Sept-Oct 2006 article in Armor Magazine.

page-26.jpg

I can assure you that M111 on a regular Leopard 1A5 would be enough to stop a T-64A, especially since the 1A5 is much faster. Sure, it won't take hits, but hey, after the Leopard 1, 1A1 and 1A1A1, it wouldn't be false to assume that the player in question already has an idea on how not to die in a fast papery tank with a big gun.

Oh btw, these numbers are impossible to achieve under the Lanz-Odermatt equation. When an equation used by a manufacturer of smoothbore tank guns doesn't agree, there's something wrong.

Edited by Nope
medal

1 hour ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Because it would be accurate to the real life thing if it did.

4 minutes ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

Because it would be accurate to the real life thing if it did.

What year was DM43 introduced?

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Then there's a solid chance of just getting the silly Armor Basics numbers that are already long outdated or some number that doesn't factor in different projectile types nor list the criteria. To have the protection level laid out to the public without some tank nerd professional or not lay out that information as fact means the museum argument doesn't work. So far the only parts of the armor that are perfectly known are the steel areas and nothing else.

Actually, M111 Hetz could harm the better armored T-72A hull according to a Sept-Oct 2006 article in Armor Magazine.

page-26.jpg

I can assure you that M111 on a regular Leopard 1A5 would be enough to stop a T-64A, especially since the 1A5 is much faster. Sure, it won't take hits, but hey, after the Leopard 1, 1A1 and 1A1A1, it wouldn't be false to assume that the player in question already has an idea on how not to die in a fast papery tank with a big gun.

Oh btw, these numbers are impossible to achieve under the Lanz-Odermatt equation. When an equation used by a manufacturer of smoothbore tank guns doesn't agree, there's something wrong.

i never said anything else, or have i? xD

Edited by dotEXCEL

55 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

What year was DM43 introduced?

it was a test round which never saw service in the Bundeswehr afaik.

following shells saw service in the Bundeswehr on their L7A3 tank guns:

safF.JPG

1 hour ago, dotEXCEL said:

it was a test round which never saw service in the Bundeswehr afaik.

following shells saw service in the Bundeswehr on their L7A3 tank guns:

safF.JPG

Wasn't it the one that was also tested in the 105mm smoothbore for that Mobile Gun System competition?

medal

2 hours ago, Nope said:

Wasn't it the one that was also tested in the 105mm smoothbore for that Mobile Gun System competition?

what? the DM43? i think it was test-fired on the Expeditionary Tank... but dont nail me on that one :dntknw:

expeditionary_tank.jpg
mhhhhhhhhhhhhh................(someday soon)

end of offtopic.....

Edited by dotEXCEL

On 8/28/2017 at 9:59 AM, Nope said:

page-26.jpg

not to mention t64 has a weakness, it has 3 crews. so a shot that knocks out just 2 crew will disable it. this makes a penetrating hit even deadlier

medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

Well... you could put A2 at 8.3, giving it the fins; A3/A4 at 8.7, being composite; A5 at 9.0 - having a tier IV upgrade to RM 120mm (adding a nice chunk of SL to repair cost :DD )

By the way, the option of 120mm and even add-on armour package has been tried out on a (single) tank called Leopard A6. Which is basically A5 with all possible upgrades.

medal medal

1 hour ago, Koty1996 said:

A3/A4 at 8.7, being composite

''composite'' sigh... i know gaijin calls spaced armour ''composite armour'':crazy: now but its really not.... otherwise the T-10M would have ''composite'' as well
1451157357-jp2njby.jpg

^ turret of an A3/A4

1 hour ago, Koty1996 said:

By the way, the option of 120mm and even add-on armour package has been tried out on a (single) tank called Leopard A6. Which is basically A5 with all possible upgrades.

well there was a certain export variant of the A5.... ops offtopic

Edited by dotEXCEL