Jump to content

Leopard 2 Prototype with automatic charger


pieve
 Share

On 13/03/2018 at 5:47 AM, Walrus_batter said:

unless we get stuff the like the M1A1 (or even A2) the STC-1 is way to op to add, it has a version of the 120mm L44 with a 3 second autoloading cannon with better Japanese made amunition (according to Mai)

703c0e59ffc4b22571d3d6f4dd6b26f5.jpg

Well, then the Americans are going to get the M833 for 105mm that was punching 475mm, but it's also very likely that he gets the M1A1 Abrams because of Type-90.

In addition to having a balance we will see the following thing:

for the Americans: M833 for 105mm cannon, sticking 475mm. M1A1 Abrams, M829 penetrating 540mm

for the Germans: Leopard 2A0 with its DM-33 ammunition sticking 470~490mm


for the Russians: it's more likely to come only T-80U

for the Japanese: Type-90 slightly more shielded than Leopard 2A0 and in addition to having a slightly better mobility as well. Now the ammunition of the Japanese is JM-33 sticking there the same thing as the Germans, sticking 470~490mm.

Spoiler

 



for the Brits: basically it will be Challenger 1 Mk.3 or Vickers Mk.7/2 that much more appropriate for the Brits now.

for the French: may come AMX-40 or AMX-56 Leclerc Ares, Leclerc Bayard.

for the Italians: basically prototype of the Ariete or final production of the Ariete C1.

Edited by pieve
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, pieve said:

 

Well, then the Americans are going to get the M833 for 105mm that was punching 475mm, but it's also very likely that he gets the M1A1 Abrams because of Type-90.

In addition to having a balance we will see the following thing:

for the Americans: M833 for 105mm cannon, sticking 475mm. M1A1 Abrams, M829 penetrating 540mm

for the Germans: Leopard 2A0 with its DM-33 ammunition sticking 470~490mm

for the Russians: most likely to come only T-80U.

for the Japanese: Type-90 slightly more shielded than Leopard 2A0 and in addition to having a slightly better mobility as well. Now the ammunition of the Japanese is JM-33 sticking there the same thing as the Germans, sticking 470~490mm.

  Reveal hidden contents

 



for the Brits: basically it will be Challenger 1 Mk.3 or Vickers Mk.7/2 that much more appropriate for the Brits now.

for the French: may come AMX-40 or AMX-56 Leclerc Ares, Leclerc Bayard.

for the Italians: basically prototype of the Ariete or final production of the Ariete C1.

 

M833 does not penetrate more than 400mm, M829 penetrates less than 500mm, DM33/JM33 penetrate 500mm and the Type 90 is more of an HA equivalent rather than a base M1A1 equivalent should Mai be correct about stopping JM33 at 250m or so. It wouldn't be fair for a 2A4, let alone a 2A0 that is more on the level of the M1IP with M833 rather than the M1A1 that is on the same level as the 2A4. And in that case the 2A0 must use DM23, which is equivalent to L23.

  • Like 1
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nope said:

 

M833 does not penetrate more than 400mm, M829 penetrates less than 500mm, DM33/JM33 penetrate 500mm and the Type 90 is more of an HA equivalent rather than a base M1A1 equivalent should Mai be correct about stopping JM33 at 250m or so. It wouldn't be fair for a 2A4, let alone a 2A0 that is more on the level of the M1IP with M833 rather than the M1A1 that is on the same level as the 2A4. And in that case the 2A0 must use DM23, which is equivalent to L23.

30124717_1426278007476394_35867946499409These are the values that Gaijin put of the M833 in the game, the data is in the CDK

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SGTEAGLE said:

30124717_1426278007476394_35867946499409These are the values that Gaijin put of the M833 in the game, the data is in the CDK

 

tis way off

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, SGTEAGLE said:

No, Gaijin said that she did not enter the game because she had a different form of fabrication, in supermonoblocks, she would be able to penetrate the T-64B from anywhere, at any distance, so it was not placed, and was only on CDK 

 

Those numbers are still way too high, especially against vertical armor. Long rod penetrators never do well against vertical armor, but are extremely good at high obliquities. As for being a different type of round, it's not any different than L23 or M774, it just has a different L/D ratio.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, muzzleflash98 said:

 

Those numbers are still way too high, especially against vertical armor. Long rod penetrators never do well against vertical armor, but are extremely good at high obliquities. As for being a different type of round, it's not any different than L23 or M774, it just has a different L/D ratio.

Precisely, I believe, that for balance issues, and to cheer nations like Japan, she should put the following vehicles, before placing similarly beloved intermediate versions.

Since they have similar armor, mobility and firepower, in this case the Abrams' firepower with their M829, and the T-80U's armor reaching 600mmKE on the chassis, of course, plus the Kontact-5 armor , but as soon as he loses it, he drops to about 430mm

T-80U(1985)
M1A1(1985)
Leopard 2A4(1984)
Type-90(1990)
Challenger I Mk3 with ERA pack(1990)
and AMX-56 Ares(1987)

  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Nope said:

 

M833 does not penetrate more than 400mm, M829 penetrates less than 500mm, DM33/JM33 penetrate 500mm and the Type 90 is more of an HA equivalent rather than a base M1A1 equivalent should Mai be correct about stopping JM33 at 250m or so. It wouldn't be fair for a 2A4, let alone a 2A0 that is more on the level of the M1IP with M833 rather than the M1A1 that is on the same level as the 2A4. And in that case the 2A0 must use DM23, which is equivalent to L23.

well, I really do not know where you saw that M833 sticks less than 400mm.
Now even more M829 with penetration minus 500mm I doubt it, since it is a more current American ammunition of the M1A1.
Leopard 2A0 up to 2A4 has ability to tackle M1A1, T-80U, Germany standardized the ammunition of all the Leopard series 2A0 / A4

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, pieve said:

Germany standardized the ammunition of all the Leopard series 2A0 / A4

 

 I.E. as soon as a new ammunition type came round, every Leopard 2 variant was equipped with it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pieve said:

well, I really do not know where you saw that M833 sticks less than 400mm.
Now even more M829 with penetration minus 500mm I doubt it, since it is a more current American ammunition of the M1A1.
Leopard 2A0 up to 2A4 has ability to tackle M1A1, T-80U, Germany standardized the ammunition of all the Leopard series 2A0 / A4

 

The Lanz-Odermatt equation is what I used, and its accuracy is pretty solid as scale measurement of L23A1 then applying the values to the equation led to extremely similar values to that of the declassified British document.  The L/D ratio of M833 is not high enough to go any higher than 400mm at point-blank, and the same goes for M829 when it comes to the 500mm mark. I also mentioned the 2A0 with DM23 not because it can't equip other ammo types, but because equipping other ammo would make it hard to balance.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Nope said:

 

The Lanz-Odermatt equation is what I used, and its accuracy is pretty solid as scale measurement of L23A1 then applying the values to the equation led to extremely similar values to that of the declassified British document.  The L/D ratio of M833 is not high enough to go any higher than 400mm at point-blank, and the same goes for M829 when it comes to the 500mm mark. I also mentioned the 2A0 with DM23 not because it can't equip other ammo types, but because equipping other ammo would make it hard to balance.

good, as far as I know she used more concrete American documents to have that basis.
here is a sample of the M833

Spoiler

DHkveiF.png

 

Now the ammunition of Leopard 2 is not a matter of balance, but rather, its obligation, since it is standard German ammunition in it

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nope Doing a quick review of some of the documents, the Swiss tests, and a likely CIA document related to Leopard and Abrams shielding, and although there is no declassified document proving the Type-90's armor. Some places say that the Japanese vehicle's armor would be slightly better than that of Leopard 2A4, and that it would be able in some areas to survive the firing of a JM-33 (480-550mm @ 2km), and also taking into account its low weight, I came to the conclusion that the Type-90 front arc shield would be close to 500mmKE. This would protect it in some areas of the JM-33, would be stronger than the Leopard 2A4, and having a weaker motor than the Abrams, would be able to maintain a power / weight ratio of 30hp.t
A shield thicker than this, for example, as you mentioned, the shield of the M1A1HA, which reaches between 660-680mmKE in the front arc, it would be physically impossible for the Type-90 to maintain that ratio so high

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Rohrkrepiererer said:

 

 I.E. as soon as a new ammunition type came round, every Leopard 2 variant was equipped with it.

Yes,@Rohrkrepiererer:salute:

 

Edited by pieve
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2018 at 10:34 AM, pieve said:

good, as far as I know she used more concrete American documents to have that basis.
here is a sample of the M833

  Reveal hidden contents

DHkveiF.png

 

 

Please tell me you aren't using Gaijin, of all things, as a source....... :facepalm:

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, muzzleflash98 said:

 

Please tell me you aren't using Gaijin, of all things, as a source....... :facepalm:

Oh my God, where did you see that I'm using this as a basis?
I think it's kind of hard for people to pick up here. 
:lol2:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/07/2018 at 03:55, lVrizl said:

Premium anyone? ;D

I think it could be from the line after Kpz-70

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5IdwVCt.jpg

Leopard 2 with automatic loading being tested at the Krauss-Maffei shooting range in 1976 in Germany.
the Leopard 2 with automatic loading the T-14 Mod was available for testing in Germany only for testing the automatic loading system.
 
 
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
  • Suggestion Moderator

This would be an amazing addition to the game!

Not as a premium, or as an event vehicle. But just in the main tree!

 

At this moment everyone just drives around with the newest modern thing, but if we stray off a bit towards these amazing prototypes we could start to see more diversity in the high ranking battles.

Most people don't care about prototype versions of a main MBT, but this one is still actualy really interesting!

 

A big old +1 for me! :salute:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/03/2020 at 09:42, stefffff1871 said:

the 2K annoys me already enough in the main tree so a big -1

This will annoy you even more for having automatic charger +1 :D
 
Edited by pieve
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...