Leopard 2 Prototype with automatic charger

pieve

About that prototype in Koblenz. Many sources state that T14 mod was name for that particular turret after it received composite armor. When it was used to test automatic loader did it have composite armor removed or does that tank in Koblenz still have composite armor in turret? 

medal medal

After reading the patent DE 41 31 280 (which was released to public on 25.03.1993, not 23.03), the system is NOT a fully automatic loading system but rather a system where the charges are stored seperated from the projectiles. The charges would get loaded automatically, while the projectiles would still get manually loaded by an human loader. The ammunition bustle for the projectiles looks similar to the later production vehicles, but with an additional storage behind it for the charges. It could store 15 projectiles and 14 charges (probably plus one in a loading position). Both charges and projectiles had blow-off panels.

grafik.thumb.png.b2c671650d8a6833d267313

medal

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/10/2021 at 15:35, N4N4MiKo1t0 said:

So how many rounds are stored in the autoloader? Currently in game there is only 9 but the picture posted above shows clearly there is more than 9 rounds, that confuses me... 

Sorry about that, I recently found out that the patent was misidentified. It has nothing to do with the PT.14(mod) but was probably for the two piece 140mm ammunition. The 9 rounds are indeed correct

Spoiler

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/yuripasholok/765139/9330358/9330358_original.jpg

medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator
5 hours ago, eleks12 said:

@leroyonly This one has been in the game for a while now! :salute:

Completely slipped my mind, after grinding it even!

As the PT-16 (T-14 Modifiziert) has been implemented during the Export Order event,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute:

• Thanks 2