Canadian Army Decal Suggestion

Fluttu

With a little lack of content for the post-war Canadian Army, I come here with a suggestion. The roundel commonly found on Canadian Leopard C1 tanks and other AFVs during the Cold War. Potentially being put in the Neutral Countries (tanks) section.

Spoiler

Image result for canadian army leopard 1

Spoiler

Related image

Knowing that decals aren't really a high priority for the dev team, I went ahead and just recreated the decals myself. If they're satisfactory enough I can't wait to see it hopefully implemented one day :^)

Spoiler

5aa442e971c82_ROUNDEL-ARMY.thumb.png.10a5aa4423b669cd_ROUNDEL-ARMY-BIG.thumb.png

Edited by Fluttu
Added another image
  • Upvote 9
medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

open for discussion. :salute:

i am in support of this decal but i would also mention the variant of the same decal without the white band around the leaf. it is used the same way. actually i do not know if it's only in CFB Valcartier but my ex-units, the 12RBC was never using that decal with the white band.

leoc2a.jpg

a few years back, we had a C2 platoon in the 12RBC, now we only have the LAV-25 coyote and the LAV-III

Edited by CaID
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm not quite sure what the exact rules were for applying this roundel. I see just the black maple leaf without the white border was common on other AFVs such as the M113 (and vehicles on its chassis) and the M109. And then later on the Leopard C2 & Leopard 2.

Spoiler

Image7.jpg

leopard_c2_064_of_209.jpg

Leopard-2A4M-with-angled-add-on-armour--

But however, the roundel with the white border appeared quite frequently on the Leopard 1A2 trainers, the Leopard C1/1A3, the early Leopard C2/1A5, and the ARVs and AVLBs on the Leopard 1 chassis before the 2000s. And since War Thunder features Cold War tanks, I thought the roundel with the white border would be the most fitting :D

Leopard 1A2:

Spoiler

164755bd3102386a8a4436ffa4ce2fc7.jpgPyx1aG1.jpg

Leopard C1/1A3:

Spoiler

6894d3928ad3316720e556bd36c80a0b.jpgBell-CH-136-Kiowa--444-Sqn--over-4-CMBG-

Leopard C2/1A5 (without the MEXAS armour package):

Spoiler

Canadian%20Leopard%20C2_2.jpgLeopard-C2-uparmoured--5-CDSB-Gagetown--

Taurus ARV and Beaver AVLB:

Spoiler

Taurus-Armoured-Recovery-Vehicle--ARV---Beaver-armoured-vehicle-launched-bridge-

Edited by Fluttu
medal medal

On 3/13/2018 at 12:58 PM, OFW_Schroedinger said:

Would look cool on my M4A5 ^^ +1

I agree, but something more period specific would look better.

Spoiler

z5b1LPn.png

It's a Shame the Ram came with no included decals at all :(

medal

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bump/Necroing this because I agree, this is way over due. Come on Gaijin, if you won't put our tanks in the brit tech tree where they belong at least give us some more ground forces logos to use! All we got now is the Triangle and the Canadian Flag, which everyone gets their flag. The 5th Armored Divisian M5A1 isn't even obtainable anymore so all those Canadian decals are basically unobtainable.

medal medal

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Senior Suggestion Moderator

Suggestion passed to the developers for consideration.