Independent Dutch Ground Forces Techtree

super_cacti

Independent Dutch Ground Forces Techtree  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of the Netherlands being added into War Thunder?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you like the idea of other small/minor nations being added into War Thunder?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Suggestion Moderator

Hey there! I recently finished the techtree for the Dutch ground forces! So here I am to share it!

So let's jump right in! Here is the complete techtree!

Spoiler

Dutch+Ground+Techtree.jpg

Here is the link to the WT.Live post: https://live.warthunder.com/post/846488/en/

Important!

Keep in mind that the given BR's are just guesswork and are not final. (That is for the vehicles that are not ingame already)

How would this work ingame?

Well pretty straight forward really. Many of these vehicles are unique Dutch variants of existing foreign vehicles, and I would not mind seeing them all ingame!

And also, one more important thing:

The Netherlands joined the Allies, so the Netherlands will only fight with the Americans, British, French and maybe the Russians.

This means that whether your fighting against rank IV British, or rank IV British/Dutch. You will still be fighting against vehicles like the Centurion or Sherman, thus not breaking the game in any way!

So please, tell me your thoughts! I would love to hear your opinion on this!

Now just incase, if your completely against this idea, don't go all toxic in the comments section please. Keep it honest, but nice aswell :p:

Special thanks to @Capt_Versteegh and @*Soldier_676_ for helping support this project!

The Independent Dutch Techtrees have now changed to the BeNeLux Techtrees. (The BeNeLux is the combination of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg)

All the vehicles you see in the Dutch Techtrees are still present in the BeNeLux Techtrees, but now there are accompanied by Beglium and Luxembourg vehicles to!

Check them out here!

Spoiler

Make sure to support this on the BeNeLux Techtree Discord!

iReqzrX.png

https://discord.gg/PEW9bFp

Anyways, have a good day everyone! See you on the battlefield! :salute:

Edited by super_cacti
Added the links to the BeNeLux techtrees.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 10

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Suggestion Moderator
3 hours ago, pieve said:

I'll be honest, the idea is not bad, but there's nothing new

Sadly this is all the Netherlands has to offer for ground vehicles.

3 hours ago, pieve said:

I'll be honest, the idea is not bad, but there's nothing new

Well the amx 13 105 would be new, the tier 1's the same story, its abit like the french tree, we had a few experimental post war tanks but id need to look them up again.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

+1

Hello Cacti, I would suggest adding the Ford Model AA truck with proper mountings for the Scharwzlose and Bofors 40mm guns. Furthermore would you consider adding the Belgian Army to your tech tree, this might give you some more flexibility in convincing the development team as it stands.

medal medal medal

It's very well made, and a nice suggestion, but it's a no from me. I am strongly against captured / lend lease vehicles, and having a tech tree full of foreign vehicles, is a no-go in my opinion. Wouldn't mind the actual Dutch vehicles in the ITT tho.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

well, the dutch have some interresting vehicles but i wouldn't say they have enough. and the Ram tanks was sold to netherland to be converted as bunker's turret and not as tanks. they shouldn't be considered as real tanks.

for the rest, i think the dutch could be in the game but not as an independent nation but more as a part of a another tree. maybe along side with the Swedish and Swiss.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, CaID said:

well, the dutch have some interresting vehicles but i wouldn't say they have enough. and the Ram tanks was sold to netherland to be converted as bunker's turret and not as tanks. they shouldn't be considered as real tanks.

for the rest, i think the dutch could be in the game but not as an independent nation but more as a part of a another tree. maybe along side with the Swedish and Swiss.

Gaijin said they would like to add a tech tree for every nation in a shooting range (can't remember which one.) Honestly, I'm going to get a lot of flak for this but, I'm ok with copy and paste vehicles. Also Sweden has enough vehicles to support it's own tech tree. 

I don't know if the Swiss could support their own air tree. Anyways, I just don't think jamming everything into a single international tree is the solution for anything.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
4 hours ago, CaID said:

And the Ram tanks was sold to netherland to be converted as bunker's turret and not as tanks. they shouldn't be considered as real tanks..

If I remember correctly, not all where converted. Some remained intact for training schools, again if I remember correctly :D

Edited by super_cacti

I think that with smaller nations it should be better to create a mixed tech tree so it could be progressed up to rank V and VI with own vehicles instead of rank1 only and then copy-paste stuff

Edited by Owner203
Goddang phone corrector
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i'm surprised at how filled out even just the dutch tanks are even though from tier 2 on it's mostly just imports.

i'd say that if dutch tanks are added, it either be as part of a Low Countries tech tree (Belgium has to have at least a little bit extra to fill out a dual-nation tree) or alongside Belgium lumped into the french and/or with the british.

@super_cacti you should suggest some dutch tanks/ACs anyway and have the poll include a multichoice section about inclusion in the french and/or british trees.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator
3 hours ago, Admiral_Aruon said:

@super_cacti you should suggest some dutch tanks/ACs anyway and have the poll include a multichoice section about inclusion in the french and/or british trees.

Not a bad idea actualy, I might make a post for the CTMS and MTLS

Huh, that is rather interesting - I haven't ever heard of many of those vehicles, even if some of them are copy-pasted or just modified designs. That is pretty cool to see.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's likely that Gaijin would develop a tree that ends before Rank 6, let alone one that ends at Rank 1. However, I could see many, if not all of these in an international tech tree at some point if Gaijin does decide to do that.

Even though i am a fan of used Copy&paste vehicles, because it feels much more realistic with them as with some prototypes or something like that, so i would technically support the full tree. BUT i already thought about minor nation trees that don´t have alle tiers full equiped, because it offers much more opportunities for more nations (e.g. Israel tree, that starts at Tier 3 or sth). so a + from me

i like the idea but id have to say no. we are not a significant nation and we dont have enough stuff to be a trully unique tech tree it would be a german/british/french TT mostly with some dutch vehicles and that is only at the early tiers. if anything some of our vehicles can be added as premiums for other nations but techtrees like this would really make no sense at all.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, *TheLastYouSee__ said:

if anything some of our vehicles can be added as premiums for other nations

then its better for an international tree but i don´t know why everything should be premium, even though it was maybe mass produced

1 hour ago, stefffff1871 said:

then its better for an international tree but i don´t know why everything should be premium, even though it was maybe mass produced

because we are a minor nation and an International tech tree is a fever dream that will not and should not become a thing in this game because it would be a massive pain in the **** to implement and to get RB lines ups right. and it would be the tech tree that has everything making the rest pointless to play. why play anyone else when the ITT will have domestic versions of the likes of the T-55 the T-72 the M60 the centurion and the list goes on and on

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, *TheLastYouSee__ said:

because we are a minor nation and an International tech tree is a fever dream that will not and should not become a thing in this game because it would be a massive pain in the **** to implement and to get RB lines ups right. and it would be the tech tree that has everything making the rest pointless to play. why play anyone else when the ITT will have domestic versions of the likes of the T-55 the T-72 the M60 the centurion and the list goes on and on

I said "an international tree" not one international tree, i don´t support the "tree for all rest nations"-idea,

and its just wrong that those trees would have everything, maybe some copy&paste vehicles but never enough to to make other nations pointless

On 5/15/2018 at 4:48 AM, super_cacti said:

If I remember correctly, not all where converted. Some remained intact for training schools, again if I remember correctly :D

it was in england during ww2.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:59 PM, Admiral_Aruon said:

have you just copied the process we did for the minor axis tree? ;)

8 hours ago, *TheLastYouSee__ said:

add the dutch to other nation who have similar policy and doctrine. it's may not be the best example but add it to the Poland before ww2, Switzerland and Sweden and you get a tree that is made of minor European nation that do not had any decisive role in war and was a bit more in the allied side (even if Sweden and Switzerland are officially very Neutral, they still is more westerner than axis or commies.)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CaID said:

add the dutch to other nation who have similar policy and doctrine. it's may not be the best example but add it to the Poland before ww2, Switzerland and Sweden and you get a tree that is made of minor European nation that do not had any decisive role in war and was a bit more in the allied side (even if Sweden and Switzerland are officially very Neutral, they still is more westerner than axis or commies.)

i find this to be a very poor solution personally. because that would still lead to everyone gettign everything. for instance india is very much on the british side of things or atleast was during the majority of the timeframe war thunder is set in. but that means the commonwealth would get the likes of the T-55 and even upgraded T-55s with L7 guns. south korea is very much on the US side of things but does posses multiple T-80Us. all in all culstering up nations will make for very poor gameplay in my opinion since it would stop mattering what major nation you picked because the minor nation clusters would have most of their important stuff anyway.

11 minutes ago, *TheLastYouSee__ said:

i find this to be a very poor solution personally. because that would still lead to everyone gettign everything. for instance india is very much on the british side of things or atleast was during the majority of the timeframe war thunder is set in. but that means the commonwealth would get the likes of the T-55 and even upgraded T-55s with L7 guns. south korea is very much on the US side of things but does posses multiple T-80Us. all in all culstering up nations will make for very poor gameplay in my opinion since it would stop mattering what major nation you picked because the minor nation clusters would have most of their important stuff anyway.

for south Korea, either USA or Japan. by the time the south Korean had a military industry on their own, they became really close to Japan. USA did supported both country in the same way after WW2.

and it's not like the game wasn't already incorporating minor nation in the major nation. Canada is present in the US tree. Romania and Bulgaria in the German tree. Israel in the US tree. France started in the British tree. Italy in the German tree. it's may not be the best solution, but this solution is already in use.

59 minutes ago, CaID said:

for south Korea, either USA or Japan. by the time the south Korean had a military industry on their own, they became really close to Japan. USA did supported both country in the same way after WW2.

hey CaID you should suggest the South Korean K1 (1985) for japan. precede the Type 90 with the korean basically off brand M1 Abrams with a few extra features XDD

Edited by Admiral_Aruon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal