Locking turret

Drfazon95

Like in World of Tanks where you can lock the turret by holding down the right mouse button so you can look around your tank without the turret moving.

I think this feature should be in War Thunder.

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

moved > The Academy - Players helping Players > Army Academy
  • Like 1

• Senior Forum Moderator

Hi,

This is already ingame, press "C" to free-look  or use the Binoculars to look around without moving your turret

:salute:

Hi guys,

I know free-look, but that's not what i was thinking about. I just want to locking the turret when i turn around. If i press C and turn around the turret moves.

In real life, you can move the tank body without turret moving, and i miss this feature. I think it is important in a tank game.

(Sorry my english :( )

19 minutes ago, Drfazon95 said:

Hi guys,

I know free-look, but that's not what i was thinking about. I just want to locking the turret when i turn around. If i press C and turn around the turret moves.

In real life, you can move the tank body without turret moving, and i miss this feature. I think it is important in a tank game.

(Sorry my english :( )

I see what you mean, what I do is I go into driver view (this is a control you need to bind, I have mine to x) and then turn, it keeps the turret locked in place, then press x to get out of it, hope this helps! 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

You can do it (sort of) on tanks with roof gun. Don't work on tanks without the roof gun though.

Controls - tank - weaponry - select machine gun.

medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 years later...

So if i understand correctly you want your turret locked in the chassis position? For that you can go in control->common->view control -> fix gun direction in mouse view.

So when you press C to look around and you turn you hull the turret will move with the hull

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal