Dassault Super Mystère B.2

pieve

Dassault Super Mystère B.2  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Dassault Super Mystère B.2 should be added after M.D.452 Mystere IIC?

• yes, just after the M.D.452 Mystere IIC
    • No, another line should be added
  2. 2. what battle rating should it be?

flag-of-france.svg_sm.png

France

Dassault Super Mystère B.221_38.jpg

The Super Mystère B.2 was the first supersonic combat aircraft of European design that entered into operational service

Axial flow turbojet for a better fuselage

After appreciating the fact that centrifugal flow turbojet, such as that used in the Mystère series of fighter, necessarily required the adoption of a markedly bulky fuselage, the French authorities asked Dassault to make a change in its production line to create a more maneuverable through the use of an axial flow turbojet, which offered not only a more stylized profile but also a greater power. The new hunt was developed from Mystère IVA in parallel with the radar-equipped Mystère IVB, with a powertrain consisting of an Avon turbojet from Rolls-Royce. The most notable external differences of the new model were a new, narrower section wing and a more pronounced angle of arrows, the larger vertical and vertical tail surface, and the horizontally oval plane air intake in front of the fuselage.

supermystereb1-6.jpg

The prototype Super Mystère B-1 made its first flight on March 2, 1955 with the post-combustor engine and 42.44 kn (9.540 ib st) Avon RA.7R and shortly thereafter surpassed Mach 1 in horizontal flight. Like Mystère IVB, the Super Mystère B-1 was powered by a British engine in the form of a unit manufactured under license by Hispano Suiza, although in its version Super Mystère B-2 this model had a French engine, the SNECMA tie which was drawn on the basis of a research and development of the end of World War II.

supermystereb1-2.jpg

The problems of the Super Mystère B-1 at low speeds and high angle of attack were solved during the development program of the apparatus by means of an increase in the rope of the outer panels of the wing, resulting in a leading edge called "dog teeth ". The data on the Super Mystère B-1 comprised a top speed of 774 mph or Mach 1,17 to 10,975 m, maximum takeoff weight of 8,840 kg (19,489 lb, wingspan of 10, 51m (34 '' and 5.75 ''), length of 13.9m (45 feet and 7.25 "), height of 14 feet 11" (4,55m), surface area of 35 m² (376.75 square feet) and an armament of two fixed 30mm forward firing guns plus a maximum of 2,000 lb (2,000 lb) of launchable artifacts transported under the wings.

supermystereb2-2.jpg

Limited Production
Production began in 1956 and the Super Mystère B-2 entered service in late 1957, after making its first flight on February 26 of that year as the first European fighter aircraft capable of overcoming Mach 1 in horizontal flight. The availability of the Super Mystère B-2, which was manufactured in a number of five pre-production and 156 production aircraft prior to 1959, completely transformed the overall capacity of the French air defense system, but this model only remained in service of first line for a relatively short period of time before being replaced by Mirage III series, being this device relegated to secondary missions like instruction of armament and tests of arms.

9ac5188d70f569ab463947251fcd1461.jpg

Israel also manufactured this aircraft, buying 24 units relatively quickly, which were mainly used for ground-attack missions and twelve of them were sold to Honduras between 1976 and 1979, where, as you might expect, some are still operating in limited service. The only Super Mystère B-4, which flew for the first time in 1958, was a prototype propelled by a turbojet equipped with post-combustor Atar 9 of 58.84 kn (13.228 lb st) and obtained a spectacular ascent speed for his time.

2014-Super-Myst%C3%A8re-B2-n%C2%B048-du-

There was undoubtedly a measure of inspiration in the American Super-Saber F-100 Super-Bst profile, two characteristics of which were the horizontal entry of the oval nose and the leading edges into "dog teeth" , on the outer parts of the wing

Dassault_Super_Mystere_B2,_France_-_Air_

Spoiler

36425330556_5f2ec1bcb5_b.jpg

supermystereb2-1.gif

Specifications (Super Mystère B.2)

Spoiler

Crew: 1
    Length: 14.13 m (46 ft 4 in)
    Wingspan: 10.51 m (34 ft 6 in)
    Height: 4.6 m (15 ft 1 in)
    Wing area: 32.0 m² (344 ft²)
    Empty weight: 6,390 kg (14,090 lb)
    Loaded weight: 9,000 kg (20,000 lb)
    Max. Takeoff weight: 10,000 kg (22,000 lb)
    Fuel capacity: 2,000 kg (4,400 lb)
    Powerplant: 1 × SNECMA Atar 101G-2 turbojet
        Dry thrust: 33.3 kN (7.490 lbf)
        Thrust with afterburner: 44.1 kN (9,920 lbf)

Performance:
    Maximum speed: Mach 1.12 (1,195 km / h, 743 mph) at 11,000 m (36,000 ft)
    Combat range: 870 km (470 NM, 540 mi)
    Ferry range: 1,175 km (634 NM, 730 mi)
    Service ceiling: 17,000 m (56,000 ft)
    Rate of climb: 89 m / s (18,000 ft / min)
    Wing loading: 281 kg / m² (57.6 lb / ft²)
    Thrust / weight: 0.50

Armament:
 Guns: 2 × 30 mm (1.18 in) DEFA 552 cannons with 150 rounds per gun
 Rockets: 2 × Matrix rocket pods with 18 × SNEB 68 mm rockets each
    Missiles: 2 × Rafael Shafrir AAMs; 2 × AS-30L
    Bombs: 2,680 kg (5,000 lb) of payload on four external hardpoints, including a variety of bombs, reconnaissance pods, or Drop tanks

supermystereb2-2.gif

source:

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Thanks 1

Have you find the sea level speed of this aircraft because i'm quite scared of it (I red some pretty bad value...) and seing it's speed at 11K it's worrying if it had to fight mig19 and f100...

That's why i am searching info on the super mystère B4 which is a mach 1.3 aircraft... much closer to the mig 19 and f100...

Edited by Trotrodor
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Trotrodor said:

Have you find the sea level speed of this aircraft because i'm quite scared of it (I red some pretty bad value...) and seing it's speed at 11K it's worrying if it had to fight mig19 and f100...

That's why i am searching info on the super mystère B4 which is a mach 1.3 aircraft... much closer to the mig 19 and f100...

The wing limit speed or actual level flight speed? The wing limit speed is mach 1.4 for it. I have info on that thing, I'll make a suggestion on it soon :)

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

The wing limit speed or actual level flight speed? The wing limit speed is mach 1.4 for it. I have info on that thing, I'll make a suggestion on it soon :)

I was more thinking about the max speed in a straight line at sea level (I red somewhere 1040 kph, but i'm really not sure about it : https://books.google.fr/books?id=3shgcJXesN0C&pg=PA51&lpg=PA51&dq=super+mystère+B2+sea+level+speed&source=bl&ots=VIsliIV1gb&sig=HeYxbkxQDx4RZb4UgUWcXFSpcF0&hl=fr&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiAlqLn-eDfAhUkz4UKHRGtChIQ6AEwCnoECAMQAQ#v=onepage&q=super mystère B2 sea level speed&f=false

Moreover the image show a Mystère IVA next to those values...)

2 hours ago, Trotrodor said:

That's outright wrong, no supersonic jet in the history of aviation went that slow at sea level 

• Confused 1

SMB2s wouldn't have had Rafael Shafrir missiles in french service, rather Aim-9s as per this source https://www.aviationsmilitaires.net/v2/base/view/Variant/8320.html

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

That's outright wrong, no supersonic jet in the history of aviation went that slow at sea level 

yeah I think the same as you, but I can't find values for sea level speed

• 2 weeks later...

Before this thread get lock and taking into account (hopefully), here some documentation about Super Mystere B2 from "Les chasseurs Dassault: Ouragan, Mystere et Super Mysteres" by Jean Cuny (in French)

Its cover:

• From Mystere XX to Mystere IV B 1 and 2
  • The Super-Mystere B 1
  • The pre series Super-Mysteres B 2
  • The series aircraft
  • The Super-Mysteres in l'Armée de l'Air
  • The foreign Super-Mysteres
  • The derived of SMB2

From Mystere XX to Mystere IV B 1 and 2

Spoiler

wdl6kpHh.jpgrwpeIDDh.jpg
YrIjoahh.jpgwvJozSth.jpg
VpYsIwdh.jpg7HM3v1nh.jpg

The Super-Mystere B 1

Spoiler

7HM3v1nh.jpg1g0ZzGJh.jpg
jm0Yk5Ph.jpguprww5oh.jpg
KBeWKN6h.jpgGxh4n38h.jpg
pXVIz8Mh.jpgPUTbYgLh.jpg
OU4Udbzh.jpg

The pre series Super-Mysteres B 2

Spoiler

OU4Udbzh.jpgCUsYHohh.jpg
pT6hfSeh.jpgDC9P03yh.jpg
6j6xmJZh.jpgGxhjMjzh.jpg
Ycq2UBth.jpgL6OUMZvh.jpg
tRoDVSwh.jpgeE4mypLh.jpg
7CQlobPh.jpg

The series aircraft

Spoiler

GsflIXDh.jpgMQyijBph.jpg
Xi4Z9y9h.jpghgPc6VOh.jpg
sSJlZ1Uh.jpgS8Gv4bSh.jpg
wZnty1rh.jpgT1keBwlh.jpg
iGdx28eh.jpguwmcYsNh.jpg
gzaOhICh.jpg8YsN3pGh.jpg
7y3Y2ZEh.jpgFBwtVUJh.jpg
s6dBxlkh.jpgHVMmikmh.jpg
zUj3dEVh.jpgzunaX8ih.jpg
RHJINZUh.jpgEBwW8NAh.jpg
J20BA2qh.jpg5eFunqnh.jpg
5ucIDLNh.jpg5s7jraKh.jpg
qGg1ytFh.jpgLivhIB0h.jpg

The Super-Mysteres in l'Armée de l'Air

Spoiler

LivhIB0h.jpgzcrHmA6h.jpg
h3kTfojh.jpge40yTARh.jpg
6gB0Xzoh.jpgnzvvaa6h.jpg
Hku4aZWh.jpgOSgX2kVh.jpg
Ml6IYUWh.jpglW9FTwxh.jpg
zB4JlMqh.jpgzOP990Ih.jpg
zeKYvzeh.jpgTp4qG3Vh.jpg
UGh6c5vh.jpg66zu071h.jpg
hBMkWtbh.jpg7ccWZOXh.jpg
HmvCqlmh.jpgj9K1Fzhh.jpg

The foreign Super-Mysteres

Spoiler

j9K1Fzhh.jpgguw9OgWh.jpg
ZF835RXh.jpgctqX05ch.jpg
Eiiqxqeh.jpg

The derived of SMB2(SMB.4)

Spoiler

Eiiqxqeh.jpgxGTQh2rh.jpg
EQ17VSDh.jpgRZYjMOph.jpg
4Ecov0Nh.jpg1gqokKGh.jpg
y51Yu6Jh.jpg

Edited by Yukichi
Images are now uploaded in Imgur
  • Thanks 2
medal medal medal

This is supported of course, as it is completely historical, but I disagree with the votes of most. The plane is not 9.7 material, maybe 9.3 but no higher. And we need the B.4 that Epic proposed.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2019 at 08:26, Functor said:

This is supported of course, as it is completely historical, but I disagree with the votes of most. The plane is not 9.7 material, maybe 9.3 but no higher. And we need the B.4 that Epic proposed.

Question is not if your br is higher and yes matter of balance in the game, Super Mystère B.2 will be better French jet fighter before the entrance of Mirage-IIIC.

France does not have a competitive jet against the other nations of the game, the only ones who are good in the French line are F-84-G and Vautour IIA the rest is very bad

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 30/01/2019 at 17:20, pieve said:

Question is not if your br is higher and yes matter of balance in the game, Super Mystère B.2 will be better French jet fighter before the entrance of Mirage-IIIC.

The B.4 will be better. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

The B.4 will be better.  

Yes, Super Mystère B.4 may even be better than Super Mystère B.2, but Super Mystère B.4 was not a final production hunt, it was only prototype phase

17 hours ago, pieve said:

Yes, Super Mystère B.4 may even be better than Super Mystère B.2, but Super Mystère B.4 was not a final production hunt, it was only prototype phase

Yes but what matters in the game is the existence of the vehicle and its performance when you want to talk about which or what plane is better to transition from to another plane in a tech tree.

Edited by EpicBlitzkrieg87
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

Yes but what matters in the game is the existence of the vehicle and its performance when you want to talk about which or what plane is better to transition from to another plane in a tech tree.

Anyway he will come though, I doubt he will be regular in france.
It is much more likely to be a Tier-V premium for high-level France. If it comes as premium I'll buy it

• Confused 1

On 01/02/2019 at 13:34, pieve said:

Anyway he will come though, I doubt he will be regular in france.
It is much more likely to be a Tier-V premium for high-level France. If it comes as premium I'll buy it

the smb 4 is too powerfull to be a tier V premium, it just need to be after the smb 2 in the regular tree

6 hours ago, Trotrodor said:

the smb 4 is too powerfull to be a tier V premium, it just need to be after the smb 2 in the regular tree 

No matter whether it will be Tier-V or Tier-VI, the most important is its higher br classification

5 hours ago, pieve said:

No matter whether it will be Tier-V or Tier-VI, the most important is its higher br classification

It matters, because first it would be tier 6 due to its performance and tier 6 premiums are an obvious no right now. Second, France heavily needs it to counter the MiG-19. The SMB.2 won't do it but it's also a necessary addition for France to help start their tier 6 and for the SMB.4 to be added too. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

It matters, because first it would be tier 6 due to its performance and tier 6 premiums are an obvious no right now. Second, France heavily needs it to counter the MiG-19. The SMB.2 won't do it but it's also a necessary addition for France to help start their tier 6 and for the SMB.4 to be added too. 

I give you a very clear certainty that Super Mystère B.2 will come first than Super Mystère B.4, I'll make it clear again

Super Mystère B.4 performance may even be better than B-2, but Super Mystère B.2 is the initial jet to france at that time

• 4 weeks later...

the acceleration in the devserver is very poor, especially considering it's engine