What's this?

Inceptor57

What's this for?

As of 30 January 2018, the War Thunder Wiki has been updated to its new, current configuration.

However, during this update, many pages and edits may have not been successfully transferred over.

This sub-forum is intended to collate all request regarding the restoration of certain pages or edits in order to implement them onto the newest iteration of the War Thunder Wiki.

The only guideline we request is that each topic posted for a restoration be limited to one page/subject in question. So one topic would cover only a user page, then another topic to cover only an edit on a vehicle page, for example. This will make it easier to sort out a "to-do" list for each pages.

All other forum rules of course still apply.

Additional note: If you are requesting for your userpage to be restored, please log in to the wiki and provide your wiki profile url or make an edit and link to that edit. This is to verify that the user page we are transferring and the account on the wiki is the same.

Edited by Inceptor57
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, bangerland said:

So, basically 1 page = 1 topic, correct?

Essentially yes. It will make sorting through all the requests easier.

Edited by Inceptor57
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, bangerland said:

Somehow i feel like post farmer now, and the amount of old pages that were gnomed seems to only increase, lol.=/

Is that fine anyway?

No worries, it helps us to keep a list straight we can all work from.  FYI, your user data has been imported to the new wiki.  You will need to resize a couple of the images and I am still working on getting a few of the others imported and am having an issue, not sure if something is still locked out or what the issues are, but we will get them there.

medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, bangerland said:

Somehow i feel like post farmer now, and the amount of old pages that were gnomed seems to only increase, lol.=/

Is that fine anyway?

Most pages that are empty were porbably more to do with the lacking of substantial information at the time. As in only stat info were filled out so the transfer was not prioritized to focus on more substantial pages.

in this case, we had planned to start the page anew so that new and refreshing information can fill the void.

58 minutes ago, Inceptor57 said:

Most pages that are empty were porbably more to do with the lacking of substantial information at the time. As in only stat info were filled out so the transfer was not prioritized to focus on more substantial pages.

in this case, we had planned to start the page anew so that new and refreshing information can fill the void.

I doubt it's the case with M50 or excelsior, or centurion AVRE. One is probably the most popular vehicle in US tree, and not much could probably be added about it, the other one is artifact that is already gone from game practically (i met E100 three times and it's like only for 100 people? but didn't met excelsior EVER, so what gives), so deleting it's page would be stupid, and third was probably most played premium tank of brits, but now it's kind of forgotten by most in sake of shot-kal-dalet (which's page really was empty as i remember, since nobody filled it out, like with challenger mk3), so idk who would fill it out again.

I digress. i can make a list of weirdly empty pages instead, so you can decide on them?

It seems that some pages dont transfer simply because page name is different (like striker and some others)

Edited by bangerland
re/asked in post
medal medal

59 minutes ago, Inceptor57 said:

Question, was wiping the pages including the image destruction? Like, garage images for example. Because those could be used universally, i think. (I mean, sidebars images DID somehow transfer, right? Or are they loaded directly from the database?)

If not then i could easily track and list them out in span of 3 hours or so when i got time tomorrow.

If yes, then it would be easier to find whichever pages you didn't like if you applied those images to them (if that's possible to do in automatic mode), so i could find ones that got not-transferred on accident.

I think vehicles like Waffentrager are gone due to weird reasons, like already mentioned vehicles. Some trees have like half premiums gone, and i never saw some of those in game either. japanese lost their entire endgame lineup starting from rank 5.

medal medal

I notice a decent number of my air location pages, one of my tank map pages, and at least one of my CDK pages, and the British ship pages I did pros and cons for have been nuked. I still have copies of all the articles I wrote (and for the most part the images used) from when I wrote them. Is it easier for you guys if I remake the pages myself from the copy I have, or just open a forum thread for each one (I'm guessing the latter, in case anyone edited the pages since I wrote them, but thought I would offer to help)?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Flame2512 said:

I notice a decent number of my air location pages, one of my tank map pages, and at least one of my CDK pages, and the British ship pages I did pros and cons for have been nuked. I still have copies of all the articles I wrote (and for the most part the images used) from when I wrote them. Is it easier for you guys if I remake the pages myself from the copy I have, or just open a forum thread for each one (I'm guessing the latter, in case anyone edited the pages since I wrote them, but thought I would offer to help)?

Flame2512, much is still missing, there was only so much a few of us could get done (no love for the ships and helicopters - heck even some tanks - Sorry Italy!).  Coordinate with Inceptor57, I believe he was working on some of the map pages along with some of the CDK stuff and may be able to see how to best proceed with those pages if we will try to cut/paste or if better to go off of the copies you have.

medal medal medal