1.95 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

24 minutes ago, OGy43 said:

Why is this topic either ask the devs for answers or discussing something not a rumor of next update?

Well, speculating what else is coming isn't that oot is it? 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Ainen said:

is it that important to get exactly sabre with this capability?

While sabre didn't use sidewinders, there are literally half a dozen transsonic navy jets in the similar timeframe which did. That's apart from interceptors with falcons.

US just doesn't need this proto/foreign stuff.

F-89 can fit AIM-4

35 minutes ago, Capt_Rodgers said:

F-89 can fit AIM-4

As does couguar.

And, if necessary, it's easy to take, say, Cutlass, Daemon, Skyray or even FJ-3 from the pocket. All transsonic, all are sidewinder-capable. 

F7U-3M sounds to be a particularly good premium material, for example. Short service(nut service it was), unique and striking appearence, readily availible or easily adjustable mechanics(which nevertheless will make it stand out among US jets).

p.s. everyone is so eager to see bigger boats in the pond...as if size w/o mechanics changes anything.

As for me, it is actually ZTZ-99. Because it's time for China to get it's first competitive top tier.

On top, eagerly awaiting new mechanics for high tanks as well.

Edited by Ainen
medal medal medal medal

actually there is—or was—a discussion here whether the F-86F-35 could mount the sidewinder or not and apparently their conclusions are either:

1. New AAM-capable premium, or

2. Remodel the Skyblazer to F-40 (which seems impossible due to this particular F-35 model ties with Skyblazer aerobatic team). 

Edited by KaedeP
  • Like 1

For this update I would like that the Italian Sabre recieved its C7 Sispre InfraRed AAM, an interesting premium tier 5 jet could be the South Africa operated MB-326 Impala or the Argentinian operated MB-339CN to help the research of the new top tier 

• Upvote 2
medal medal

8 hours ago, Alpine222 said:

Isn't the tornado too advanced for right now?

I think with Helis that have 10km range this is out of question now and only a matter of time:popcorn:

But Gaijin has shown that they can integrate too modern Stuff to it dont break the Game (Modern Tanks Ingame still drive with WW2 Engine/Movement Tech)

Edited by Manaherz
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm not again a Rafale in game, if you see my point of view. :016:

But i'm much more for a BALANCE of every nation, in this ACTUAL ERA before again update the ERA, more recent stuff, when other nation have already a big lack.

Edited by Hyrikul
medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, NokturnalFin said:

How about something non-supersonic for a change.. like the F-117 nighthawk?

I'm not sure that would be a good addition, at least not in the way the game is played atm.

The F-117's main advantage is its stealth protecting it from radar and guided missiles, and its night-time deployment protecting it from AA guns and fighters.

With AB and RB randomly rotating between day and night, and the battlefield being rather small, the F-117A would be deprived of those advantages.  That would make it a poorly armed bomber with no defensive armament and poor manoeuvrability, with just as many chances against a cannon-armed MiG-21 or F-100 as a Fouga Magister.

Actually, scratch that, the Magister still has cannon armament and manoeuvrability.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, KaedeP said:

Honestly i can only think F-11 Tiger as the AAM-capable premium for US TT. 

Actually, from the FJ-4B I can imagine the tree going a bit like this:

FJ-4B

v

F3H Demon

v

F11F Tiger

v

F-8 Crusader or F-4B Phantom

Edited by Kanyiko

Just now, Kanyiko said:

Actually, from the FJ-4B I can imagine the tree going a bit like this:

FJ-4B

v

F3H Demon

v

F11F Tiger

v

F8 Crusader or F4B Phantom

My guess is they'll go straight the F-8 and leave out the F-4 from the naval line altogether. The days of Gaijin caring about complete trees are long gone. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, *AdamNuggets said:

who needs an aam premium when they could just give the AIR-2 Genie to the F-89?

Plumbbob_John_Nuclear_Test.jpg

LOL, deploying a Genie in an AB Air would wipe out pretty much everybody in combat on both sides...

2 minutes ago, Hyrikul said:

The F-8 Crusader come after the F4? I don't know why but he looks more old. :D

F8U/F-8 Crusader first flew in 1955 and entered service in 1957, F4H/F-4 Phantom first flew in 1958 and entered service in 1960 as a purely missile-armed platform to complement the cannon/missile-armed Crusader.

The F-8 Crusader was supposed to be succeeded by the F8U-3 'Super Crusader' (first flown 1958, Mach 2.32 operational speed with Mach 2.39 top during testing, 4 20 mm Colt cannons & Sparrow-compatible) but it was cancelled with 5 airframes built. (makes it a good candidate for a Premium fighter though.)

• Technical Moderator
On 10/29/2019 at 8:01 PM, magazine2 said:

lifeboat_japan_daihatsu_landing_craft (CDK find)

Not only texture but also model of Daihatsu was already added.

Looking at the model, this is Daihatsu Model D. Model D is the most mass production model that produced thousands.

Interesting points of this modeling is below:

• Inside of texture of cargo room is white. Perhaps developers will mount something on it.
  • Equip cover on steering post. In known photos and blueprints there aren't such a thing.
  • Equip naval rising sun flag on stern. This is equipment of army so in normally this craft did not rise any flag. Some Daihatsu used as gunboat by the navy rise naval flag, but flag post equipped on front of steering post. Some Daihatsu that captured by U.S.Navy equip flag post as this one.
Spoiler

TzjkY4C.png

SYlTzpJ.png

E3nKSNG.png

snVZ3jE.png

Daihatsu is a shorten name of Dai-hatsudoutei. It means Large Motorboat and shorten code name is LB-D (Large Boat D). In allies it called "Landing Craft Type A".

Especially one Ace Armed Daihatsu captain called "Tiger of the Solomon". I don't know how they add in game, but they can use this model for not only AI target but also playable boat.

Spoiler

"Armed Daiahtsu" (武装大発, Busou-Daihatsu)

nozANBZ.jpg

Daihatsu with 20 cm rocket cannon (20糎噴進砲装載大発動艇, 20 santi funshinhou sousai daihatsudoutei)

?s=_mq

Auxiliary torpedo boat Daihatsu (雷装大発, Raisou-Daiahtsu)

7AyItBg.png

Edit

I didn't listed, but this boat can mount Type 89 Medium Tank or Type 95 Light Tank. These tank can fire main gun on the boat, so it seems curious too. (When land Type 97 Medium Tank, need to use Toku-Daihatsu, and when land Type 4 Medium Tank, need to use Oogata Hatsudoutei.)

Edited by aizenns
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Kanyiko said:

F8U/F-8 Crusader first flew in 1955 and entered service in 1957, F4H/F-4 Phantom first flew in 1958 and entered service in 1960 as a purely missile-armed platform to complement the cannon/missile-armed Crusader.

The F-8 Crusader was supposed to be succeeded by the F8U-3 'Super Crusader' (first flown 1958, Mach 2.32 operational speed with Mach 2.39 top during testing, 4 20 mm Colt cannons & Sparrow-compatible) but it was cancelled with 5 airframes built. (makes it a good candidate for a Premium fighter though.)

Thanks for this little history.

medal medal medal medal medal

I would really like TK-X to be premium so I have something to grind with, cause top tier line up for Japan is too bad to make an efficient grind. I mean it's like the XM1 - M1 abrams situation, but that was 1 year ago or like what is happening right now with helis. since Ka-50 is as strong as AH-1Z viper but it's premium. It wouldnt be so bad like it happened with murrica 1 year ago

21 minutes ago, aizenns said:

Edit

I didn't listed, but this boat can mount Type 89 Medium Tank or Type 95 Light Tank. These tank can fire main gun on the boat, so it seems curious too. (When land Type 97 Medium Tank, need to use Toku-Daihatsu, and when land Type 4 Medium Tank, need to use Oogata Hatsudoutei.)

A reserve boat with a whole tank as it's weapon system? Now i want to play it. 

22 hours ago, Aquila_Nera said:

Grom, I propose this again to you and to the Gaijin team, previously I posted this on the main update page. War Thunder is a historical game, why are swastikas and fascist lictor censored? We are in 2019 and we still worry about censoring the symbols from history. Germany has made 6 million deaths in the camps, it is known that the USSR has made about 6 in Ukraine alone, not to mention the other millions killed in the gulag .. so, if a criminal symbol like the hammer-sickle is not censored, why not put aside this political correct and use historical symbols for all countries in a historical game?

Because the victor(s) write history

18 hours ago, Cedjoe said:

Lol Mirage 2000 is more on par with the F-16, nothing to do with the actual top tier. Mirage IIIC and IIIE would do just fine.

Id say that with the fgr2 and with the possibility of more advanced phantoms looming in future updates from other nations relative to early types like the f4c, mirage f1c isnt out of the question either. 

Edited by RanchSauce39

So one thing I don't understand about Sweden, will Finnish planes be represented in the regular tree or just like premiums? And will there be only Finnish planes or also Norwegian or others?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, _Condottiero_ said:

So one thing I don't understand about Sweden, will Finnish planes be represented in the regular tree or just like premiums? And will there be only Finnish planes or also Norwegian or others?

Well they haven't even shown us a planned tech tree, but I assume Finnish vehicles will be included as well, and that Sweden will be Axis.