1.95 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

• Forum Moderator
4 minutes ago, CK_16 said:

Someone said they found a Flight model for the AH-64D in the files. Iirc only USA and Japan have the official AH-64D Apache.

And Britain with the WAH-64D

3 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

And Britain with the WAH-64D

Not the real OG though, had their own internals so probably different Flight model, and the file didnt say WAH-64D or like UK_AH64D

medal

6 hours ago, Hyrikul said:

mUh MiRaGe need a new plane ASAP, the mig21 F13 is horrible theres no way it can be competitive, it has no advantage and does nothing well

No advantages?

Roll rate, maneuverability and essentially the same climb rate? 

As a matter of fact my favorite target in the MiG-21F-13 is the F-4. 

I wouldn't call it horrible. That's too much. It's a good plane in the right hands but sadly it's missing at least 200 kgf of thrust. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Cyril_BartonVC said:

New Decal "Mary Rose" was on Jaguar GR.1a XZ356 EP of 6 Squadron RAF...  SEPECAT Jaguar in 1.95?

Reveal hidden contents

uk_no_6_sqn_mary_rose_72851cc80f9999f0d3

48754_1277904154.thumb.jpg.e6119213bde2d

God I hope not anytime soon; the game isn't ready for all-aspect missiles with at least the same G overload as SRAAMs and that's what the Jaguar had. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

God I hope not anytime soon; the game isn't ready for all-aspect missiles with at least the same G overload as SRAAMs and that's what the Jaguar had. 

It's not like Gaijin can't nerf it with ahistorical/obselete weaponry

just look at the AH-1Z Viper

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Stridswombat said:

No they didn't. If you understand the motivation of Finland at all, they had no particular love for the Germans or the ideology. They just really, really didn't like the Soviets. The Germans happened to be fighting them at the time, ergo... 

They were a country who had just been aggressively invaded by another foreign power on false pretenses and then had to give up part of their country to not lose it. They understandably wanted revenge and take back what was theirs. Some interesting notes about Finland in the Continuation War are that the Finnish commander (Mannerheim), refused to advance further into Soviet territory than Finnish Karelia, which they took back from them. He just wanted to take back what they had lost even when they were winning. The Finns also proclaimed they wouldn't let a German invasion of Sweden go through Finland. What does that make it sound like where they stood on the matter?

Gripen E exists, it's just not in Service yet. Here's what it looks like.

Reveal hidden contents

Saab_Gripen_NG.png

Cool, but I don't think Gaijin uses your revisionist history, and more importantly, they don't care. Anyone can be on anyone's team, if you're going to have your feelings hurt because you'll be fighting alongside Russians in your Finnish tank, that's your issue, not Gaijin's. 

Edited by Stavroforos
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, *RAazzy91 said:

It's not like Gaijin can't nerf it with ahistorical/obselete weaponry

just look at the AH-1Z Viper

So just leave it with two guns? The absolute worst missile it had was the AIM-9G and I can say with almost certainty that you would need flares to combat that.

6 minutes ago, CK_16 said:

T6pJNZz.png

If you look to KBs which that file have you can see that it has at least 20KB less than anything now in-game. I would say it's AF 2017 model but I won't be against if I will be wrong

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

USA player who want a second F4, when lot of other country don"t have their own Mach2 jet. And way more Mach 1... :(

Edited by Hyrikul
  • Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Cool, but I don't think Gaijin uses your revisionist history, and more importantly, they don't care. Anyone can be on anyone's team, if you're going to have your feelings hurt because you'll be fighting alongside Russians in your Finnish tank, that's your issue, not Gaijin's. 

If it even possible for you to not communicate aggressively about Sweden at this point, what's your deal here? My point was they were anti USSR, not pro Germany. They have no reason to be axis. "Anyone can be on anyone's team" This is what I have been saying from the start but you ignore anything you don't agree with.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

4 minutes ago, Hyrikul said:

USA player who want a second F4, when lot of other country don"t have their own Mach2 jet. And way more Mach 1... :(

I would rather get the F-8 and A-4E honestly 

• Upvote 2
medal

1 minute ago, Stridswombat said:

If it even possible for you to not communicate aggressively about Sweden at this point, what's your deal here? My point was they were anti USSR, not pro Germany. They have no reason to be axis. "Anyone can be on anyone's team" This is what I have been saying from the start but you ignore anything you don't agree with.

What does Sweden have to do with Finland in this case? The Finns fought alongside the Germans, against the Soviets, so yes, they can very easily go on the Axis team. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Something I just thought of, since some files for the Sverdlov class Light Cruiser have been found, I do wonder if 1.95 could bring us both the Sverdlov as well as a premium CL for Russia (Perhaps the Cruiser Mikhail Kutuzov being a Museum Ship and all). The other thing is Sendai, wonder what she is going to be considering she's not really too much of an upgrade over Kuma in it's current fit and it doesn't really match up with any of the CL Prems.  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Stavroforos said:

What does Sweden have to do with Finland in this case? The Finns fought alongside the Germans, against the Soviets, so yes, they can very easily go on the Axis team. 

The point I'm making is they fought them but not because they were on the same side, but because they happened to be fighting the same enemy. You really don't need to be so aggressive with every one of your posts.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

7 hours ago, OKAZAQI said:

if japan get F-4EJ, then US will get F-4E

Here @Stavroforos

F4 is again mostly new, everybody want already better version. :D

The US one is so bad?

Edited by Hyrikul
medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, jon_man1199 said:

Kronshtadt takes offence to being called a blueprint, as seen here she existed outside the paper realm and was well under construction when the Germans invaded. 

Reveal hidden contents

KronshtadtUnderConstruction1June1942.jpg

Anyway speaking of Sweden if Kronshtadt /Alaska/Scharnhorst do end up being implemented then looking at Sweden's options naval wise they actually have some good contenders. Mainly the Coastal Defense ships although they do have some paper designs that could also work. Overall they look pretty good Naval wise 

Also here is the updated list of potential CA candidates by country 
USN- Northampton or Pensacola mid war fit

KM- Hipper potentially moved up to Rank V. If not then Prinz Eugen/Hipper Mid war fit
VMF (Russia/Soviets)- Project 83 (Aka Copy and Paste Hipper into the Soviet tree)
IJN- Mogami moved up to Rank V, Or Myoko 

I will edit it a little: USN- There is lot of options. I would personally take Des Moines as most advanced CA after Pensacola and next will be Alaska CB

KM- There are only two options. Deutschland class Pocket Battleships and Scharnhorst class

VMF- There can be only Sverdlov class and after that paper Kronshtadt.

IJN- Only possible step forward is Tone class CA, next must be Kongo class CB or paper Amagi class

RN- As much choices as USN. I woud personally take County class as most advanced CA (not counting Tiger class which also might be in regular TT), and HMS Repulse as CB. 

9 minutes ago, Stridswombat said:

The point I'm making is they fought them but not because they were on the same side, but because they happened to be fighting the same enemy. You really don't need to be so aggressive with every one of your posts.

It doesn't matter what qualification you make, they fought together against the Soviets, and so a Finnish WWII line would make more sense on the Axis side. 

13 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

It doesn't matter what qualification you make, they fought together against the Soviets, and so a Finnish WWII line would make more sense on the Axis side. 

A country that wasn't in the axis hardly fits on the axis side.

medal medal

18 minutes ago, Capt_Rodgers said:

IJN- Only possible step forward is Tone class CA, next must be Kongo class CB or paper Amagi class

The Amagi is more capable than any battleship the Japanese built before the Yamato, it's also not paper at all considering one was built into one of Japan's most famous carriers. The Tone is also not a step forward for the Mogami, that would be either a Mogami variant with actual AA or the 155mm initial version. Most likely we'll get Myokos/Takaos with zero AA knowing Gaijin

1 minute ago, ReimuHakurei_ said:

The Amagi is more capable than any battleship the Japanese built before the Yamato, it's also not paper at all considering one was built into one of Japan's most famous carriers. The Tone is also not a step forward for the Mogami, that would be either a Mogami variant with actual AA or the 155mm initial version. Most likely we'll get Myokos/Takaos with zero AA knowing Gaijin

We are now getting out of CA if we don't want 3 modifications of one ship with different AA guns or artillery battery