Jump to content

1.97 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion


magazine2
 Share

9 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

Now that helicopter gunsights can lock onto ground targets hellfires are pretty decent at hitting moving vehicles.

Not in my experience, especially not at longer ranges if you're trying to actually stay alive for a bit. Target moves even a little, it's going to be a miss. 

 

Target pops smoke, then the Hellfire will simply land somewhere else entirely. 

 

Even if target it only partially visible, Hellfire might guide to something else. 

 

A missile which travels straight is a better alternative almost every time. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's defnitly way to early to jump to conclusions, but 1.97 seems like Gaijin either has a ton of work to do, or many people willl be left in the dust once more.

-Whole Swedish Ground Force Tech-Tree (If it were me, I'd postpone this to a later update)

-Plenty of Rank VI aircraft which have been talked and rumored about a lot, which are also needed for balance and more. F-104s for a handfull of nations, F-4EJ, Mirage III, EEL, Q-5, Saab35 

-Pretty much all the interesting and unique Chinese vehicles are still missing, especially some high tier Anit-Air

-Japanese SAM Anti-Air

-Italian, Japanese and Chinese Helicopter tech-tree?

-More Rank IV and V Light/Heavy cruisers on a simmilar power-level to the Prinz Eugen

-It's been a while since any nation besides the USA have seen a new Top-Dog MBT. New Leclers, T-90/A, Type-10 etc

-Wheeled vehicles and IFV are still high in demand

-And as always a fair set ammount of Pre-WW2 tech vehicles

 

I hope for the best, but am prepared for the worst

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheAntiAirGuy said:

It's defnitly way to early to jump to conclusions, but 1.97 seems like Gaijin either has a ton of work to do, or many people willl be left in the dust once more.

-Whole Swedish Ground Force Tech-Tree (If it were me, I'd postpone this to a later update)

-Plenty of Rank VI aircraft which have been talked and rumored about a lot, which are also needed for balance and more. F-104s for a handfull of nations, F-4EJ, Mirage III, EEL, Q-5, Saab35 

-Pretty much all the interesting and unique Chinese vehicles are still missing, especially some high tier Anit-Air

-Japanese SAM Anti-Air

-Italian, Japanese and Chinese Helicopter tech-tree?

-More Rank IV and V Light/Heavy cruisers on a simmilar power-level to the Prinz Eugen

-It's been a while since any nation besides the USA have seen a new Top-Dog MBT. New Leclers, T-90/A, Type-10 etc

-Wheeled vehicles and IFV are still high in demand

-And as always a fair set ammount of Pre-WW2 tech vehicles

 

I hope for the best, but am prepared for the worst

 

If you list pretty much everything that might come out during whole 2020, you may guess some 1.97 things accidentally))

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator
59 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

 

If you list pretty much everything that might come out during whole 2020, you may guess some 1.97 things accidentally))

I wouldn't encourage people ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Happy Christmas! Maybe you'll reveal some of those 1.97 intentionally then?

 

Happy Christmas to you as well, orthodox brother!

Don’t want to break some people’s hearts on this holy day)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

 

If you list pretty much everything that might come out during whole 2020, you may guess some 1.97 things accidentally))

1.97

What we get :D

- T90A 

- More Wheeled vehicles and more IFVs

- Maybe miRAGE III, F-104G IT Maybe GER ( ELL Maybe but i dont think so )

- New Heay Cruisers.

- Maybe a New Map

- WW2 Tanks

 

1.97 will be small

 

Edited by GermanLMG
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gromvoiny said:

 

Happy Christmas to you as well, orthodox brother!

Don’t want to break some people’s hearts on this holy day)))

 

:salute:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
3 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

 

Happy Christmas to you as well, orthodox brother!

Don’t want to break some people’s hearts on this holy day)))

« Don’t want to break some people’s hearts on this holiday »

 

hmm

 

I don’t want that it’s me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stavroforos said:

I'm going to be so amused when everyone realizes AH-64 won't be offering anything new over the AH-1Z, lol. Maybe they'll give Hellfires the ability to hit moving targets by then. 


Apache will have air-to-surface radar, new 1250-pen hellfires with increased damage, twice as many AAMs.
The British one will also have Starstreaks.

Also, the Hellfires have long since learned how to hit moving targets. I expect air-to-air mode for them.

Edited by N8AHbl4
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, N8AHbl4 said:


Apache will have air-to-surface radar, new 1250-pen hellfires with increased damage, twice as many AAMs.
The British one will also have Starstreaks.

Also, the Hellfires have long since learned how to hit moving targets. I expect air-to-air mode for them.

What? says who? 

 

And maybe other Hellfires can hit moving targets, but I can assure you mine are not hitting anything. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, SkyEye said:

 

He meant ingame Hellfires and not real ones. This is very big difference

Edited by Pacifica
Edited Quote
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hellfire work fine for me since 1.93, especially compared to when there was no optical lock.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Stavroforos said:

They're still trash for me. 

Weird, I usually get minimum 5 kills with the 8 missile loadout of the Tigre. Maybe you use them from too far? I usually use them at around 5-6km and since these last updates the missiles hit center of mass almost always resulting in most of the time a oneshot. The only times I miss is when the ennemy gets to a cover.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

Weird, I usually get minimum 5 kills with the 8 missile loadout of the Tigre. Maybe you use them from too far? I usually use them at around 5-6km and since these last updates the missiles hit center of mass almost always resulting in most of the time a oneshot. The only times I miss is when the ennemy gets to a cover.

I usually go to about the same distance (5-6km) but if the target moves, or if they drop smoke, it's a guaranteed miss. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stavroforos said:

I usually go to about the same distance (5-6km) but if the target moves, or if they drop smoke, it's a guaranteed miss. 

I forgot to say I usually attack from the sides or behind the ennemy team, and they usually don't have a lot of cover from me then. They also don't have time to pop smoke when I one shot them :D . When I flank I most of time have multiple targets in my sight so if one gets behind cover I redirect the missile to another one. Anyway I don't play heli a lot these times as it's kind of an annoying gameplay in its current state as it doesn't take a lot of skill except the positionning.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cedjoe said:

I forgot to say I usually attack from the sides or behind the ennemy team, and they usually don't have a lot of cover from me then. They also don't have time to pop smoke when I one shot them :D . When I flank I most of time have multiple targets in my sight so if one gets behind cover I redirect the missile to another one. Anyway I don't play heli a lot these times as it's kind of an annoying gameplay in its current state as it doesn't take a lot of skill except the positionning.

I'm not sure what the French matchmaker is like, but I can tell you it's almost never as easy for an AH-1Z, since Ka-50s are always hunting us down beyond ranges we can engage them, and Tunguska is always shooting us down if we get too close. I do the whole flanking and shoot from the sides too, but it rarely works. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

I'm not sure what the French matchmaker is like, but I can tell you it's almost never as easy for an AH-1Z, since Ka-50s are always hunting us down beyond ranges we can engage them, and Tunguska is always shooting us down if we get too close. I do the whole flanking and shoot from the sides too, but it rarely works. 

Mmh I sometimes play against the USSR, the Ka-50 are easily spotted with the thermals and I take them by surprise when they get close (depending on the map) or I just hide from them. I also usually position miself right next to a cover where I can see the battlefield but not the ennemey spawn so most of the AAs don't have me on they're radar and when they advance I get the warning sound before they realize I appeared on their radar so I have the time to launch a missile before they detect me and most of the time, when they spot me it's already too late. I also forgot to mention I'm almost always under 50m from the ground.

Edited by Cedjoe
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cedjoe said:

Mmh I sometimes play against the USSR, the Ka-50 are easily spotted with the thermals and I take them by surprise when they get close (depending on the map) or I just hide from them. I also usually position miself right next to a cover where I can see the battlefield but not the ennemey spawn so most of the AAs don't have me on they're radar and when they advance I get the warning sound before they realize I appeared on their radar so I have the time to launch a missile before they detect me and most of the time, when they spot me it's already too late. I also forgot to mention I'm almost always under 50m from the ground.

Who knows, maybe I'm just very unlucky or you're very lucky. At close range Hellfire is great, but at long range, not so much, even though I'm quite sure it should still be able to hit a target through smoke or a moving target at 6km. 

 

 

55 minutes ago, N8AHbl4 said:


I, for one.
he has radar in data files.
it has two modes, air and ground. 
it sees air targets at 8km, ground at 6.3.
I dont see lock function 

The radar is functioning in its data files? Then that definitely is interesting, it will increase performance against other aircraft (assuming it gets AAM) but I don't think it will do much to improve anti-ground capability considering thermals already make it easy to spot everything. Unless of course you can just radar lock and fire behind an obstacle, that would be great. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stavroforos said:

The radar is functioning in its data files? Then that definitely is interesting, it will increase performance against other aircraft (assuming it gets AAM) but I don't think it will do much to improve anti-ground capability considering thermals already make it easy to spot everything. Unless of course you can just radar lock and fire behind an obstacle, that would be great. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/elbek2/ah64d_longbow_radar_in_action/

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stavroforos said:

Who knows, maybe I'm just very unlucky or you're very lucky. At close range Hellfire is great, but at long range, not so much, even though I'm quite sure it should still be able to hit a target through smoke or a moving target at

Indeed

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...