1.97 Rumor Round-Up and Discussion

magazine2

55 minutes ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

Currently ingame Leopard 2A4 has C turret values

Doesn't make sense.

There are no D inerts which means that the 2A4 currently has B in the turret and a fictional glacis that should be 350mm KE iirc.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm pretty sure we won't get the top Sweidsh Leopard 2 since release trees rarely get the top tier vehicles straight away (look at Swedish air), and because it is probably too OP right now anyway. 

As far as the whole C tech D tech B tech stuff, I'm pretty sure we should all just accept that Gaijin takes stats with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Honestly as far as tech goes where War Thunder is right now they should stop there and focus on fleshing tech trees out as well as improving graphics/physics and improving the implementation of current tech. I want to see Gen 2 jets and gen 3 jets get fleshed out more even if that means that the USSR and US get a ton of jets, though that isn't what this thread is for.

I really hope that we will see the new load out mechanics in the next patch, a few months ago I pulled out figthers anthology and I love how they do loadouts in that old game. They should allow for people to pretty much create their own custom loadouts with limitations set on weight and what can actually go where. After all maybe I actually want 11 1,000 pound bombs on my F-4 phantom and have no gun for a bombing mission.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Stavroforos said:

I'm pretty sure we won't get the top Sweidsh Leopard 2 since release trees rarely get the top tier vehicles straight away (look at Swedish air), and because it is probably too OP right now anyway. 

The current Swedish top of the line jet (J32/A32) doesn't even have a proper cockpit, that goes to show how much effort has been put into it.

So the likelyhood of Sweden getting something remotly top-tier for their ground vehicles in 1.97 are really low.

But I still wonder what their Rank VI Premium could be, since the Strv-103 is a Rank V only

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

That's what i mean, it's impossible that the Swedish get their top tier MBT (STRV 122) before China (ZTZ-99).

Furthermore, Gaijin has the bad habit of releasing Ground trees without top tiers, so Swedish tech tree will get up to 8.0 or 9.0 or somewhere amongst those lines. (Maybe 10.0 with STRV 121)

The regular 122A's or B's aren't even the toptier ones. That falls to 122B+ which has even more armour. 

Spoiler

LccO1tb-wUg9xcvjdT2vu-eEfbYqp8YpdJ_zeYJk

Strv 121 would have to be 10.3 still I think. The ammo it used outperforms DM33 currently. It's at least on par with DM43 but it's not unlikely it even outperforms it. It would have to be a bit of an Ariete case where you've got thin armour but a disproportionally high pen shell. If the armour would be B or C hull is anyones guess at this point. They could also always horribly nerf the 122's to completely unrealistic values. Wouldn't be the first time.

Here's the shells it used. It appears to be roughly DM43 length, give or take. Tungsten round with higher mass and velocity than DM33.

fbBZOZQ.png

5 hours ago, Stavroforos said:

As far as the whole C tech D tech B tech stuff, I'm pretty sure we should all just accept that Gaijin takes stats with a grain of salt. 

I don't think it's too unlikely. For Strv 121 you'd only have to do some cosmetic changes and model 2 new rounds. That's about it.

2 hours ago, TheAntiAirGuy said:

But I still wonder what their Rank VI Premium could be, since the Strv-103 is a Rank V only

Probably the 120mm Centurion. That or Strv 105 I'm guessing. One of the CV 90 light tank options or perhaps Ikv 105 could also work.

Edited by Stridswombat
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

13 minutes ago, Stridswombat said:

I don't think it's too unlikely. For Strv 121 you'd only have to do some cosmetic changes and model 2 new rounds. That's about it.

I mean, okay, you can be optimistic like you were about the air tree, and look how that turned out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

I mean, okay, you can be optimistic like you were about the air tree, and look how that turned out. 

I mean realistically it wouldn't be more work than implementing the vehicles in the Chinese tree. You've got a 2a4 with some cosmetic changes and 2 new shells.  Would hardly take much work to implement, would it? Most of the assets for it are already in the game on the 2a4 so I'll err on the side of the lazy.

• Confused 1
medal medal

13 minutes ago, Stridswombat said:

I mean realistically it wouldn't be more work than implementing the vehicles in the Chinese tree. You've got a 2a4 with some cosmetic changes and 2 new shells.  Would hardly take much work to implement, would it? Most of the assets for it are already in the game on the 2a4 so I'll err on the side of the lazy.

Oh I was talking about the Swedish Leopard 2A5, I think a 2A4 is a realistic option. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Stavroforos said:

Oh I was talking about the Swedish Leopard 2A5, I think a 2A4 is a realistic option. 

Yeah Strv 122 isn't likely. Too much to implement, too powerful currently. Strv 121 will be toptier at 10.3 with its shells.

• Confused 1
medal medal

15 hours ago, TheAntiAirGuy said:

The current Swedish top of the line jet (J32/A32) doesn't even have a proper cockpit, that goes to show how much effort has been put into it.

So the likelyhood of Sweden getting something remotly top-tier for their ground vehicles in 1.97 are really low.

Either the Strv 104 120mm Rheinmetall 

https://i.redd.it/lk42mck2mun11.jpg

Or the M41DK 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/09/c0/99/09c0991dbbb5dfb33da70c35080958d0.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Well those are armor levels of the Leopard 2A7V/+

Doubt they will come.

I assume it will only happen if we ever move into the realm of current prototype vehicles and ammunition. I don't know if this will happen...if it was a year ago, I would have said it's unlikely, but right now, I wouldn't be surprised. 

20 minutes ago, shanrocks1 said:

When does Devblog season start this time around?

Last year it started on February 15, in 2018 it started on February 7, in 2017 on February 15.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, MERTRAL said:

Or the m...

i think it’s always censored right ?

Just don't say it.. Okay?

We all know which plane you mean

And no, there is still no info, if there will be I will try to be first one to inform you, okay?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

30 minutes ago, MERTRAL said:

Or the m...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

Just don't say it.. Okay?

We all know which plane you mean

And no, there is still no info, if there will be I will try to be first one to inform you, okay?

This aggressivity, but thank you for your suggestion 

Well, we know it’s on development at the end of 2019 already, so it will comes one day (I hope)

i see that nobody wants to see the most beautiful jet in the world 

CA7321C7-81C1-4D7C-94B7-73996003C075.gif

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal

I encountered a problem that leads me to believe we will be getting the Navy F-4 next patch... (B,N,J, or S) i was attempting a carrier landing using the F-4c and my nose gear repeadetley keeps on collapsing. i've tried every possible approach yet it always collapses. hmmmmmmmmm

• Confused 1
medal

4 hours ago, MERTRAL said:

Or the m...

Ah, the long awaited Mystère IV A. So France can finally have its [2017 9.0].

Or did you mean the tech-tree MB.152 ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Well those are armor levels of the Leopard 2A7V/+

Doubt they will come.

More of an assumption, the Swedish armor is made by IBD, KMW has nothing to do with their upgrades.

On 25/01/2020 at 09:52, SPANISH_AVENGER said:

That's what i thought... until new armor schematics with official sourced information showed that ingame Leopard 2A4 has...

Well, what we have ingame is not C nor B, it's a Frankenstein tank.

Currently ingame Leopard 2A4 has C turret values while it has B glacis. So... bruh. Since the model corresponds to the C tech, Gaijin should:

-Give DM33 to Leopard 2A4.

-Fix the glacis armor values by giving it the same values as Leopard 2A5 (C tech armor, just like the turret)

-Add Leopard 2A4B (Early), with DM23 and B tech armor, which is 350-380mm KE on the turret and the 285mm KE on the glacis current Leopard 2A4 ingame has.

The turret values are of the B package associated with the graph.

• Confused 1