Argentine Air Forces Tech tree

OsO73

Argentine Air forces Tech tree  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this tree added ?

• Yes.
    • No (explain Why).

17 minutes ago, candypnlp said:

Argentine G.55A was no weapons.I saw many photos about argentine fiat g55.but they all haven't any machine gun.Just a trainer.

G.55B is the trainer with the 2 seats 

FiatG55C34org.jpg

All G.55 examples (and the G.59)  in argentine service were armed with the x2 12.7 Breda MGs in the wings (+ the 100kg bombs)

• Like 1
medal

• 1 month later...
On 27/02/2020 at 20:42, OsO73 said:

Why not a latin american TT?

This is a hard choice for Gaijin, since mixed trees will tend to be a lot harder to balance and in this case, it really wont reduce the amount of copied vehicles since most of the other nations used American/Russian/British equipment and they didn't produce much of their own. Im not against a mixed tree, but i think you wouldn't like that gaijin adds a tree where there are mirages, sabres, b-17s, lancasters, p-51s, p-47s, P-80s, Mig-21s, Su-17s, DeHavilland Vampires, Hawker Hunters and more. 

I think I might give it a try. I've already made a latin ground tree and it worked surprisingly well, with more interesting stuff and less copy paste than even I expected. It'll be much harder than the ground tree cuz the aero industry is much less developed but it's worth an honest shot at least.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

i say yes to this but if its full south american tree, there is various original planes on other countries and heaviliy modified versions of other aircraft (like chilean hunters with shafir-2 missiles, chaff and flare system and rwr system) so its a +1 from me under those conditions

medal

• 3 weeks later...

I would love an Argentinean tech tree you got be on bored with this one.

With the I.A 58 being WIP and gromv saying it won't be a premium.

And now a now an Gaijin interview saying this 

Do you have any long-term plans for War Thunder that you could share with our readers?

"Immediately after Israel, a new nation will appear in War Thunder and it will be a country with quite interesting and original vehicles, especially ground vehicles."

https://pl.ign.com/war-thunder-world-of-planes/48250/interview/war-thunder-wind-of-change-porozmawialismy-z-tworcami-o-nowym-rozszerzeniu?p=2

I think that they are talking about adding Argentina here. 

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

45 minutes ago, Deathmisser said:

I would love an Argentinean tech tree you got be on bored with this one.

With the I.A 58 being WIP and gromv saying it won't be a premium.

And now a now an Gaijin interview saying this 

Do you have any long-term plans for War Thunder that you could share with our readers?

"Immediately after Israel, a new nation will appear in War Thunder and it will be a country with quite interesting and original vehicles, especially ground vehicles."

https://pl.ign.com/war-thunder-world-of-planes/48250/interview/war-thunder-wind-of-change-porozmawialismy-z-tworcami-o-nowym-rozszerzeniu?p=2

I think that they are talking about adding Argentina here. 

They could be talking about a ton of nations, but if its argentina, quite a lot of us will be very happy :goodsnail:

• Upvote 3
medal

2 minutes ago, OsO73 said:

They could be talking about a ton of nations,

True they could even be talking about nations like Switzerland but I feel like it could be Argentina due to the fact of the I.A 58.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Deathmisser said:

True they could even be talking about nations like Switzerland but I feel like it could be Argentina due to the fact of the I.A 58.

Its possible, lets hope to see come back in the files, and then see if its gonna be kept in Germany (sub-tree) or if they try to give argentina its own tree.

• Upvote 2
medal

I would rather have Czechoslovakia tech tree than Argentina.. after all this game started out and was about WW2 and the countries involved. Argentina was Neutral and done F all. Why would I want to represent such a country in War Thunder? meanwhile Czechoslovakia who was heavily involved in WW2 does not get added into the game instead Israel is added in the last two patches.

medal medal

14 minutes ago, TriXiNised said:

I would rather have Czechoslovakia tech tree than Argentina.. after all this game started out and was about WW2 and the countries involved. Argentina was Neutral and done F all. Why would I want to represent such a country in War Thunder? meanwhile Czechoslovakia who was heavily involved in WW2 does not get added into the game instead Israel is added in the last two patches.

Right, because Israel and Sweden were in WWII.

The Czechs lasted in WWII nothing, they got annexed before it when Poland allied the Germans and invaded them partitioning the country.

Their equipment made by then was used by the nazis and is in the german tech trees. By the 1940s their industries were churning out german designs or modifications of their interwar stuff.

After WWII they got into the soviet block and had nothing real to form a tech tree. It would be a nation with reserve machines, german copy and past armor and then soviet equipment. Imagine in World of Tanks, 90% of the Czech tech tree are paper tanks that weren't even made into wooden mockups.

Argentina has more machines to make a credible tree, many indigenous or heavily modified versions of licensed or imported equipment.

medal medal

3 minutes ago, ARGENTVS said:

The Czechs lasted in WWII nothing, they got annexed before it when Poland allied the Germans and invaded them partitioning the country.

Their equipment made by then was used by the nazis and is in the german tech trees. By the 1940s their industries were churning out german designs or modifications of their interwar stuff.

After WWII they got into the soviet block and had nothing real to form a tech tree. It would be a nation with reserve machines, german copy and past armor and then soviet equipment. Imagine in World of Tanks, 90% of the Czech tech tree are paper tanks that weren't even made into wooden mockups.

Argentina has more machines to make a credible tree, many indigenous or heavily modified versions of licensed or imported equipment.

Well look at Israel that was added 90% of it is copy paste of other countries. So what is the problem here? if Israel can be added as an independent nation into the game than Czechoslovakia should be added aswell.

medal medal

1 hour ago, TriXiNised said:

Im keen on seeing other nations besides argentina, i already said in the rumors/update thread that i would be happy if the new nation is Poland/Romania/Yugoslavia or any of the proposals other users suggested on this forum. I have to say that...even though the game was mostly WW2 themed since the start, we have a huge span of vehicles ranging from the 30s to...well...even our current time. I dont think a nation that has to be just selected for its participation in WW2, but the whole picture from that era, cold war and today. Argentina certainly could fit there, might not be the most complete option, but its good enough. 

• Upvote 1
medal

7 hours ago, TriXiNised said:

Well look at Israel that was added 90% of it is copy paste of other countries. So what is the problem here? if Israel can be added as an independent nation into the game than Czechoslovakia should be added aswell.

I think Israel is more suitable due fame and in tanks has many unique armor.

The Czechs what would put after 1930s?. Panzers, BFs, Me-262, T-55s, T-62, T-72M, Mig-21, Mig-15, at most the L-39?.

It would be more suitable to make a central/eastern tech tree and glue all the Hungarian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Czech, Polish, Romanian unique machines to make an eastern europe tech tree.

medal medal

6 hours ago, ARGENTVS said:

The Czechs what would put after 1930s?.

OT-62s, OT-64s, Jesterka, T-34 R-10, OT-65, Vydras, OT-810D, OA-82, PTBK-D, Dana, Zuzana, BPzV Svatava, BTR-50PK Volant, Strop I, Strop II, Brams, BVP-M2 Sakal, KBVP, T-72M3CZ, M4CZ, M2E and M2 Moderna, and even more...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ARGENTVS said:

Still, from 1.0 to 3.0 there can be only Czechoslovak designs. Even during the war, they developed medium and light tanks (T-21, T-23M, ST vz.39, Š-III, Š-I-D, Š-I-J, Škoda HIM-6, T-15, THN n.A., LT-40, Škoda T-12, Škoda T-13M,  ...) And shortly after war (THN-57-900, Hetzer with Tatra 103, Tiger with Skoda A18, T-16, ...) So it shoudn't be a problem to make a tree.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ARGENTVS said:

L-39

L-29, L-39C, L-39CM, L-39ZO, L-39ZA, L-139, L-59, L-39NG, L-159T, L-159A, +export variants. And MiG-15SB, MiG-15bisSB, B-36 and maybe Avia B-33, becouse of unique layouts...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Draco_Argentum said:

Since we know that gen 4 jets are coming what would the Argentinian tree have at that level? @OsO73 Argentina has one of the better aircraft spreads of nations that aren't already in game but I couldn't find a gen 4 jet in a quick internet search.

None. We never had. 

Politicians destroyed the armed forces in a multidecade deliberated plan to disarm the country working for foreign intelligence projects.

We were supposed to buy F-16s, F-18s or M-2000s in the 1990s. Plan C was to keep the cooperation with Dornier and Germany in case the US refused sales and make a twin engine medium fighter with the tech Germany transferred in the 1980s with composites, aluminum welding, computer assisted design and Dornier assistance. It would be something similar to an F-18, but it never reached even paper, was just an idea that became a legend.

The only time the government approved a 36 fighter deal the US refused to give F-16B15 and gave A-4s with F-16 avionics and the APG-62 radar, without BVR missiles and banned HARMs. 
In 2000 the US approved the sale of F-16B30, but the government refused.

All Mirage family fighters were decommissioned without replacement. We have no Air Force any more, is now small Air Cargo Fleet more than anything.

We never operated 3rd gen fighter neither. We got 1st and second. 
At most you can include the Pampa like a 3rd-4th generation jet, but its a trainer with meaningless attack capacity.
The A-4Ar would be a 2ndG++ due having 4Gen electronics from the 1990s.

medal medal

7 hours ago, Draco_Argentum said:

Since we know that gen 4 jets are coming what would the Argentinian tree have at that level? @OsO73 Argentina has one of the better aircraft spreads of nations that aren't already in game but I couldn't find a gen 4 jet in a quick internet search.

The simpler answer is no, without entering much the "politics" behind it, the purchase was always "postponed" (Kfir, Mirage F-1, mirage 2000, F-16, etc). Its a process that to this day its still going on. Who knows what will happen..

I must say, i never thought it would go that far into modern aircraft, i fully understand that  having no TT is a bit of a bummer...but it is what it is... the top will remain the AIM-9L/M armed mirages, the Super Etendard and the A-4AR (that should be TT, since...AIM-9L/M). 

medal

• 2 months later...
On 04/04/2022 at 20:41, ARGENTVS said:

You must be joking. Czechoslovakia had a much bigger defence industry than Argentina.They made some the most advanced tanks and planes during the interwar period. After the war, they still had a huge aircraft industry, they were the biggest producer of trainer/light attack aircraft in the Eastern Bloc. What did Argentina do other than buying aircraft from the US, Great Britain, Italy, France and asking german designers to design a few planes for them? Czechoslovakia had much more original tanks and aircraft than Argentina.

medal medal

6 hours ago, LukTroy said:

You must be joking. Czechoslovakia had a much bigger defence industry than Argentina.They made some the most advanced tanks and planes during the interwar period. After the war, they still had a huge aircraft industry, they were the biggest producer of trainer/light attack aircraft in the Eastern Bloc. What did Argentina do other than buying aircraft from the US, Great Britain, Italy, France and asking german designers to design a few planes for them? Czechoslovakia had much more original tanks and aircraft than Argentina.

Can we not turn into a contest? both nations have their uniqueness and their reasons to be added to the game. It doesn't really matter who has, or hasn't X or Y vehicle. 

medal

29 minutes ago, OsO73 said:

Can we not turn into a contest? both nations have their uniqueness and their reasons to be added to the game. It doesn't really matter who has, or hasn't X or Y vehicle. 

I just corrected someone. 

medal medal

1 hour ago, OsO73 said:

Just don't turn turn it into a useless argument about "Muh nation has X more vehicles than yours", its really stupid.  

I don't even live in Czechia, neither Slovakia. I look at facts objectively.

medal medal

• 1 month later...

Yeah...the lack of Gen 4 aircraft is gonna be an issue, until Argentina's government pulls their collective heads out of their rectums and finds enough loose change to buy new planes.  That said, I kinda suspect they may jump straight to the F-35, if the offer to buy F/A-18s that the US made last year falls through.

A possible stopgap would be to include Gen 4 fighters from other nations in South America.  The candidates with the most potential would be the JAS-39E (Brazil), the F-16A MLU and F-16C Block 50 (Chile), MiG-29 (Peru), and Su-30MK2 (Venezuela).  Could also throw in a Venezuelan skin on the F-16A.

Edited by Z3r0_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal