Argentine Ground Forces Tech Tree

OsO73

Argentine Ground forces Tech tree?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this Tech tree in game ?

• Yes.
    • no.(explain below)

19 hours ago, WayOfTheWolk said:

Hi Oso, take the source as a grain of salt but it does sound rather convincing. I will have to reach out to some Uruguayan sources to confirm this story. 

http://otm-uswot.blogspot.com/2018/04/m24-tensa.html

Additionally I have recently come upon this interesting forum that documents the country's military history, definitely recommend you check it out!

http://www.uruguaymilitaria.com/Foro/archive/index.php

Some additional vehicles I have found so far include:

Land Rover Defender with MILAN launcher

58G7q68.jpeg

RM-70 MLRS

rm70.jpg

TBP OT-93C 

7194098446_3269e53620_b.jpg

M-41 Caxias 

Z3IGxcV.jpeg

M41 A1 UR

M41UR.jpg

Thanks, ill try to add them as soon as im able to!

medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aloja estaba viendo un video sobre el TAM ifv que ya me olvide cómo se llama y dice que le cambiaron. El cañón de 20mm por uno de 25mm ahora podría estar este ifv en la rama argentina?  https://youtu.be/N5ODHFTIM7w        

Aloja was watching a video about TAM ifv that I already forgot what it is called and it says they changed it. The 20mm cannon for a 25mm can now be this ifv in the Argentine branch? 

Edited by Twich-Mystyk@psn
  • Upvote 2
medal

I've warmed up to the idea of an Argentinian/South American tree, so +1!  This could be very fun.

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 29/07/2021 at 05:42, Wolf_89 said:

Would love to see more Argentinian vehicles.

But in my eyes. It would be better to combine all nations of the South American nations into one tree.

Would give more unique vehicles. So there will be less pure copy past vehicles.

Would offer a lot more choices, but even in this stage, the Argentine tree doesn't have a large number of copied vehicles, thing that its actually very impressive for such an Export-reliant army country.

On 29/07/2021 at 06:03, WayOfTheWolk said:

A photo of the M3 Halftrack with the 6 x 105mm DGFM rocket launchers.

Semioruga%20mit%2010mm%20rcl%20gun.jpg

Its already in the tree, in the Premium section, while the version thats fitted on the T-16 carrier is on the regular tree.

On 21/08/2021 at 20:57, Twich-Mystyk@psn said:

Aloja estaba viendo un video sobre el TAM ifv que ya me olvide cómo se llama y dice que le cambiaron. El cañón de 20mm por uno de 25mm ahora podría estar este ifv en la rama argentina?  https://youtu.be/N5ODHFTIM7w        

Aloja was watching a video about TAM ifv that I already forgot what it is called and it says they changed it. The 20mm cannon for a 25mm can now be this ifv in the Argentine branch? 

Considering it doesn't have missiles, the VCTP is a hard choice.

medal

2 minutes ago, OsO73 said:

Would offer a lot more choices, but even in this stage, the Argentine tree doesn't have a large number of copied vehicles, thing that its actually very impressive for such an Export-reliant army country.

Remember. A tree need to be able to support Air, Ground, Heli, Naval.

So can Argentine do that on their own? And if you want to see things being added to the tree more then 3 things every year.

Then they will run out of option to add pretty fast.

If Gaijin adds in the M7 Preist to the US tree(Which they should)

Then there is 17 copy past vehicles(prems included). And i'm not counting the TAM/SK-105 tanks.

IF Argentine. Gaijin should move the Argentinean vehicles from Ger tree to their own tree.

I did not count Argentinean vehicles based on other nations vehicles.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, Wolf_89 said:

Remember. A tree need to be able to support Air, Ground, Heli, Naval.

So can Argentine do that on their own? And if you want to see things being added to the tree more then 3 things every year.

Then they will run out of option to add pretty fast.

If Gaijin adds in the M7 Preist to the US tree(Which they should)

Then there is 17 copy past vehicles(prems included). And i'm not counting the TAM/SK-105 tanks.

IF Argentine. Gaijin should move the Argentinean vehicles from Ger tree to their own tree.

I did not count Argentinean vehicles based on other nations vehicles.

Its a complicated situation that almost all smaller nations have to face, in the particular case of Argentina, Air is by far the largest (over 100 planes), followed by Naval (i know, is not updated) ground and then the poorest tree being Helicopters. Unless there is a more "friendly" way to add smaller nations (maybe tied to large one) it would be hard to consider most of this, sure a lot want to see planes like the Pucara or the Pulqui, tanks like the Nahuel or the x6 cannon stuff, but we all kinda know adding them in the same way larger nations often were added its not very possible for this kind of smaller trees.

• Upvote 3
medal

• 1 month later...

As others have mentioned before, I'd prefer the idea of a combined South American tree, simply because I think it could fill some gaps and I REALLY REALLY don't want to see another copy paste 50% US tree. (I'd leave Spain out of it tho because of geographical reasons.) There are some interesting vehicles but even with a South American tree I don't know if it could work in WT, as there isn't that much to add here long term.

I also think that it could help to add things like the F4B/P-12, vehicles that are for example american imports, without also adding them to the US tree. After all, just because a plane is american doesn't mean it has to be in the US tech tree if a different nation used it a lot more. 

OR this could make for cool event vehicles. Add the P-12 in the South American tech tree and make the american version an event vehicle, just like they did with the M8 and China.

Edited by HD_Wurst
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
medal

On 10/10/2021 at 07:46, HD_Wurst said:

As others have mentioned before, I'd prefer the idea of a combined South American tree, simply because I think it could fill some gaps and I REALLY REALLY don't want to see another copy paste 50% US tree. (I'd leave Spain out of it tho because of geographical reasons.) There are some interesting vehicles but even with a South American tree I don't know if it could work in WT, as there isn't that much to add here long term.

I also think that it could help to add things like the F4B/P-12, vehicles that are for example american imports, without also adding them to the US tree. After all, just because a plane is american doesn't mean it has to be in the US tech tree if a different nation used it a lot more. 

OR this could make for cool event vehicles. Add the P-12 in the South American tech tree and make the american version an event vehicle, just like they did with the M8 and China.

Well.. For one.. This isn't copy+paste... For two.. The only other country with a number of unique vehicles is Brazil, and their hypothetical air tree is copy paste from 1.0-9.0. For three, for most of its history, the countries of South America HATE each other. I made a Brazil air tree a few months back, and had to redo it because a Brazilian player made the (admittedly great) point that Brazil and that country have never collaborated historically in any military capacity. I honestly find the idea of a South American tree to be an AWFUL idea, having done the research. I personally think that an Argentinean (and possibly a Brazilian) tree would be a much, much better idea. 

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 months later...

TH-325 DRAGON (TAM DCA) It got to build one with the chassis TAM and Turret S-401A equal to the AMX-30DCA but Argentina did not buy and there was also no interest in other countries. The TH-325 version ammo:1500. 2x30mm Hispano-Suiza 831A.

Spoiler

OUsGRIQ.jpg

Spoiler

NWPT2Aw.jpg

TAM VCLM / VCLC (Combat Vehicle Missile Launcher / Rockets)

60 and 80 mm rocket launcher version. It was presented in 1989, it was a VCTP TAM (Vehículo de Combate Transporte de Personal - Armoured Personnel Carrier) with Israeli turret Lars-160 on which the containers were going.

60mm rockets Range: 30 km

80mm Range: 35 km.

2 prototypes were built but by budget cuts are not manufactured in series.

Spoiler

C3BZgY7.jpg

Spoiler

N3rIJvT.jpg

Spoiler

CZhRgNe.jpg

Spoiler

ASV4SUh.jpg

Spoiler

e1WKdXE.jpg

Spoiler

Z3k2ZBt.jpg

Spoiler

MEFQdik.jpg

Spoiler

SLpInPf.jpg

Spoiler

fI6Bh0C.png

VCTP TAM (Combat Vehicle Transportation of Personnel - armoured personnel carrier). This vehicle is in service in the Argentine army and had participation in sublevations from a military sector against the Senior Staff of the Argentine Army in the 1980s and 90s. In 1989 he had outstanding participation in the recovery of a military garrison attacked by a Terrorist group MTP, where I even support the impact of a RPG released by the terrorists. It was used to attack the subversives and also for the evacuation of injuries. I also participate in United Nations peace missions at the ex Yugoslavia. It is equipped with a turret with a cannon RH 202 MKII of 20mm.

Crew: 1 driver, 1 gunner and 10 soldiers.

Spoiler

1GB5rrL.png

Spoiler

VNujtWf.png

Spoiler

pUikwc9.png

Spoiler

F0F2w8e.png

Spoiler

fQilYYp.png

Spoiler

51grFun.jpg

ss8n2hs.jpg

yxOiF2i.jpg

tYPqlHf.jpg

ulVnvBs.jpg

w1JFvK1.jpg

nO3WwZE.jpg

GYkXf8s.jpg

SezXKNc.jpg

m9T5ju3.jpg

Spoiler

bcuKW64.jpg

Spoiler

zGTaFpJ.png

Spoiler

ZcrJcjS.jpg

Spoiler

ENMOAwb.png

Spoiler

NADTpTR.jpg

Spoiler

O6Vn8cS.jpg

Spoiler

rgowwR2.jpg

Spoiler

cfmvCQ2.jpg

Spoiler

OihZcwc.jpg

Spoiler

XV2V85T.jpg

VCTP TAM crushing an abandoned vehicle by terrorist at the entrance to the Mechanized Infantry Regiment 3 in the city of La Tablada, Buenos Aires. January 23, 1989.

Spoiler

UljaIi9.jpg

Pz9wxKH.jpg

INcasFb.jpg

VCTP TAM In combat Mechanized Infantry Regiment 3 in the city of La Tablada, Buenos Aires. January 23, 1989.

Spoiler

o3Gr9rJ.jpg

NoXrNYi.jpg

ll94odl.jpg

s4tcEWP.jpg

2TiA5de.jpg

VCTP TAM Croatia

Spoiler

u4TOmg2.jpg

Spoiler

1jb4JRT.jpg

Spoiler

YIPMbqk.jpg

Spoiler

sCbNt2R.jpg

Spoiler

n63vhe1.jpg

Spoiler

kAoBBDh.jpg

Spoiler

qmw1YVt.jpg

Spoiler

k6CdyHU.jpg

Spoiler

In2OmqW.jpg

Spoiler

ye748Z5.jpg

Spoiler

HAB4hOX.jpg

Spoiler

99F4DlK.jpg

Spoiler

gW3Fntk.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

MOWAG GRANADIER 4x4

Argentina Buy between 1967 and 1968 to the Swiss company Motorwagen AG some 60 Vehicles Mowag Grenadier which were mounted in Argentina.

It was an amphibian with a speed en route from 95 to 100 km / h and about 65 km / h field. I could take 9 men including the driver and the head of the vehicle. I had a Chrysler V8 engine of 3.6 liters model A-318-3 of 202 HP at 3900 rpm. I had a monoplaza turret with a 20mm oerlikon anti-aircraft barrel. Some models carried a turret with a machine gun M2 12.7mm or a 7.62mm mounted externally, remote control and driven from the inside. It also has 4 smoke grenade launchers of 81mm, 2 on each side of the turret. Other Mowag wore an 81mm mortar operated by 4 men. Some were with manual and other automatic box, with 4 gears forward and 1 backwards.

Argentina I use it in peace missions of the United Nations .

In the 80s in Argentina we are modified them in a reconnaissance vehicle.

The main changes were:

1- The turret was changed by a Spanish-Switzerland Lynx 90 +35 mm. For which the helmet is reinforced. The turret had a French cannon Defa D921 to 90 F1 of 90mm that could be replaced by the Belgian Cockerill CK MR III Canyon of 90mm. The turret weighed 2 tons and turned 360º and the canyon had a vertical movement of -8 ° and + 35º. Wearing 21 projectiles. Secondary weapons was a coaxial machine gun and an exterior, both of 7.62mm with 2000 projectiles. 4 Fumogenic pitchers.

2- I change the engine by one Diesel Fuel Pincher Allison Detroit with automatic transmission at 545 Allison.

3- The suspension and damping was reinforced. The elastics were reinforced and the shock absorbers were changed for some of them. It is also a project to adapt in a Mowag Granadier a French turret Samm S-530 with a 20mm Bitubo cannon for anti-aircraft defense.

Features

Weight

Original: 6.4 tons.

Modified 80s: 6.95 tonnes.

Width: 2.01 meters

Long: 4,44 meters

Height (without turret): 1.85 meters

Motor

Original: Chrysler V8 A-318-3 of 202 HP at 3900 rpm.

Modified 1980s: D.D.A Fuel Pincher 8.2 Na of 154 HP (SAE) at 3000 rpm. Diesel.

Road speed: 100 km / h

Speed in Water: 10 km / h

Speed in field through: 45 km / h

Armament

Original: 1x 20mm Oerlikon, 81mm mortar, M2 12.7mm machine gun, 7,62 machine gun.

Modified: 1x 90mm DEFA D921 A 90 F1  or 1x Cockerill CK MR III of 90mm + 2x 7,62mm machine guns (1 coaxial and 1 external).

Project: 2x20mm.

Mowag Granadier 20mm

Spoiler

3YP2WXl.jpg

Spoiler

3CCqJ7i.jpg

Spoiler

mUot9m6.jpg

Spoiler

DK6P9G9.jpg

Spoiler

dHTWuC4.jpg

Spoiler

QWmw1W5.jpg

Mowag Modified

Spoiler

OSB5oYi.jpg

Spoiler

ztKUmCE.jpg

Spoiler

kfleR8V.jpg

Spoiler

AL6Xgqk.jpg

Spoiler

zADg1DQ.png

Edited by FU_MANCHU

VCBR VAE and VAPE

In January 1979, the Argentine Government decides to negotiate with French companies, the design and construction of 1000 wheel combat vehicles destined for one to the infantry and the other with more firepower for the exploration squads of the armored cavalry. For that, the consortium was hired "Société des Matériels Spéciaux (SMS)" integrated by Renault Vehicules Industriers and Creusot-Loire who associated with the Argentine company ASTARSA to build 2 prototypes. The Panhard company also participated who is associated with Argentine TENSA company for the construction of another 2 prototypes.

One of the vehicles was called VAE (Vehículo Anfibio de Exploración - amphibious exploration vehicle) was 6x6 and had an engine of 260 HP to which it was planned with a national perkins engine of 250 HP.

As an armament wearing a FL20 turret with 20 mm cannon and wearing two hydrojects "Messier-Dowty" that gave him very good mobility in the water.

The other model was the VAPE (Vehículo Anfibio Pesado de Exploración - heavy exploration amphibious vehicle) which was quite different from the VAE, carried a Samm A.R 90 turret with a 90 mm cannon. The housing was steel with the smooth floor in the form of "V" and all the mechanical components with the exception of the suspension arms, the wheels and the hydrojects, are located inside the housing. The VAPE motor is 4 times diesel, supercharged with direct injection, 8-cylinder in "V" at 90 ° refrigerated by liquid , with a power of 254 HP at 2600 rpm. The engine forms a block with the converter, the gearbox and the transfer box. This motopropulse group was fixed and isolated from the casing with SilentBlocs. Two fans moved by their hydraulic motors, aspire the air-reheated air of the engine compartment and discharge it into the mouths, to pass through the radiator, towards the air outlet grid. This circulation of forced air ensures radiator cooling. The VAPE has a 6-speed box that allow it to reach 100 km/h. A lever allowed to change the propulsion to 4 wheels, 6 wheels and nautical. It has a bilge pump in the electrical operating motor compartment in case it reaches water accidentally, which evacuates by a cantery connected to a mouth located on the left front of the vehicle. The front part of VAPE carries a breakwater, which in navigation ensured longitudinal stabilization of the vehicle. It also carries 4 stabilization drawers in the back up of the vehicle. On the right side of the chassis it has a lauglack with a 6-ton hydraulic motor with 60 meters of cable 10 mm in diameter, whose command is made from the driving position. It is provided with QBR protection equipment (chemical, biological and radioactive). The engine compartment has a fire protection system and inside the vehicle has extinguishers.

The four prototypes were manufactured in France and were assembled in Argentina between 1979 and 1980 to be subjected to tests in different parts of the country where they threw excellent results. The following year the project was canceled by economic problems. The vehicles were a few years in the demonstration squadron of the cavalry school and then 3 went to TAMSE (where combat vehicles TAM were armed) and a VAPE went to Argentine company Astarsa.

VAPE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Weight in combat order: 15,535 ton

Width: 2.50 meters

Long with cannon: 8,245 meters

Long without cannon: 6 meters

Height with turret and 6 wheels: 2,828 meters

Floor clearance: 0.40 meters

Crew: 3 (driver, artilleryman and commander)

Maximum pending: 60%

Maximum speed: 100 km/h

Motor: Diesel V8 of 254 HP

Armament: 1x 90mm with automatic charger + 1x 7.62mm Coaxial + 1x 7.62mm External (Commander)

VAE 1 (Renault-ASTARSA)

Spoiler

CA9hbR0.png

VAE 2 (Panhard-TENSA)

Spoiler

9WGkRG7.jpg

VAPE 1 (Renault-ASTARSA). This colors scheme of camouflage is not from the Argentine army. This prototype is in private hands.

Spoiler

grhRl7g.jpg

VAPE 2 (Panhard-TENSA).

Spoiler

TZJLbtZ.jpg

Spoiler

rs8z1HB.jpg

Spoiler

QQhtosC.jpg

Spoiler

4wnYUs2.jpg

Spoiler

MKLdn9b.jpg

Spoiler

HAwslcB.jpg

Spoiler

9bmBiBf.jpg

Spoiler

ZOuVTra.jpg

Spoiler

XtEPROJ.jpg

VAPE 1 during the tests in Argentina.

Spoiler

2MoN8st.jpg

Spoiler

Asu9iO5.jpg

Spoiler

seOPJn8.png

Qkwa7jr.png

Spoiler

80zAtKd.png

vkGoCcK.png

0J8uYNG.png

HIDROJETS MESSIER-DOWTY

Spoiler

zp3Uyez.png

Spoiler

PDelTYw.jpg

Spoiler

6B9lIxi.jpg

Spoiler

ajT9dy9.jpg

Spoiler

GABZPL6.jpg

Spoiler

UkyhHqu.png

Spoiler

X4AofJO.jpg

Spoiler

2XDkMy3.jpg

Spoiler

HaacgQ4.jpg

Spoiler

M2kyTyG.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Wiesel 1A4 with RH202 and dm63 is already in the game, so I see no reason not to include the VCTP.

Also, what do you think of the VCTM? Mortar launchers already exist on some ships. It could be an interesting addition accompanied by a correct mechanic.

Edited by FasciPeronista
medal medal medal

On 06/03/2022 at 03:35, FU_MANCHU said:

TH-325 DRAGON (TAM DCA) It got to build one with the chassis TAM and Turret S-401A equal to the AMX-30DCA but Argentina did not buy and there was also no interest in other countries. The TH-325 version ammo:1500. 2x30mm Hispano-Suiza 831A.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

TAM VCLM / VCLC (Combat Vehicle Missile Launcher / Rockets)

60 and 80 mm rocket launcher version. It was presented in 1989, it was a VCTP TAM (Vehículo de Combate Transporte de Personal - Armoured Personnel Carrier) with Israeli turret Lars-160 on which the containers were going.

60mm rockets Range: 30 km

80mm Range: 35 km.

2 prototypes were built but by budget cuts are not manufactured in series.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

VCTP TAM (Combat Vehicle Transportation of Personnel - armoured personnel carrier). This vehicle is in service in the Argentine army and had participation in sublevations from a military sector against the Senior Staff of the Argentine Army in the 1980s and 90s. In 1989 he had outstanding participation in the recovery of a military garrison attacked by a Terrorist group MTP, where I even support the impact of a RPG released by the terrorists. It was used to attack the subversives and also for the evacuation of injuries. I also participate in United Nations peace missions at the ex Yugoslavia. It is equipped with a turret with a cannon RH 202 MKII of 20mm.

Crew: 1 driver, 1 gunner and 10 soldiers.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

VCTP TAM crushing an abandoned vehicle by terrorist at the entrance to the Mechanized Infantry Regiment 3 in the city of La Tablada, Buenos Aires. January 23, 1989.

Reveal hidden contents

VCTP TAM In combat Mechanized Infantry Regiment 3 in the city of La Tablada, Buenos Aires. January 23, 1989.

Reveal hidden contents

VCTP TAM Croatia

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

On 06/03/2022 at 05:01, FU_MANCHU said:

MOWAG GRANADIER 4x4

Argentina Buy between 1967 and 1968 to the Swiss company Motorwagen AG some 60 Vehicles Mowag Grenadier which were mounted in Argentina.

It was an amphibian with a speed en route from 95 to 100 km / h and about 65 km / h field. I could take 9 men including the driver and the head of the vehicle. I had a Chrysler V8 engine of 3.6 liters model A-318-3 of 202 HP at 3900 rpm. I had a monoplaza turret with a 20mm oerlikon anti-aircraft barrel. Some models carried a turret with a machine gun M2 12.7mm or a 7.62mm mounted externally, remote control and driven from the inside. It also has 4 smoke grenade launchers of 81mm, 2 on each side of the turret. Other Mowag wore an 81mm mortar operated by 4 men. Some were with manual and other automatic box, with 4 gears forward and 1 backwards.

Argentina I use it in peace missions of the United Nations .

In the 80s in Argentina we are modified them in a reconnaissance vehicle.

The main changes were:

1- The turret was changed by a Spanish-Switzerland Lynx 90 +35 mm. For which the helmet is reinforced. The turret had a French cannon Defa D921 to 90 F1 of 90mm that could be replaced by the Belgian Cockerill CK MR III Canyon of 90mm. The turret weighed 2 tons and turned 360º and the canyon had a vertical movement of -8 ° and + 35º. Wearing 21 projectiles. Secondary weapons was a coaxial machine gun and an exterior, both of 7.62mm with 2000 projectiles. 4 Fumogenic pitchers.

2- I change the engine by one Diesel Fuel Pincher Allison Detroit with automatic transmission at 545 Allison.

3- The suspension and damping was reinforced. The elastics were reinforced and the shock absorbers were changed for some of them. It is also a project to adapt in a Mowag Granadier a French turret Samm S-530 with a 20mm Bitubo cannon for anti-aircraft defense.

Features

Weight

Original: 6.4 tons.

Modified 80s: 6.95 tonnes.

Width: 2.01 meters

Long: 4,44 meters

Height (without turret): 1.85 meters

Motor

Original: Chrysler V8 A-318-3 of 202 HP at 3900 rpm.

Modified 1980s: D.D.A Fuel Pincher 8.2 Na of 154 HP (SAE) at 3000 rpm. Diesel.

Road speed: 100 km / h

Speed in Water: 10 km / h

Speed in field through: 45 km / h

Armament

Original: 1x 20mm Oerlikon, 81mm mortar, M2 12.7mm machine gun, 7,62 machine gun.

Modified: 1x 90mm DEFA D921 A 90 F1  or 1x Cockerill CK MR III of 90mm + 2x 7,62mm machine guns (1 coaxial and 1 external).

Project: 2x20mm.

Mowag Granadier 20mm

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Mowag Modified

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

On 08/03/2022 at 15:02, FU_MANCHU said:

VCBR VAE and VAPE

In January 1979, the Argentine Government decides to negotiate with French companies, the design and construction of 1000 wheel combat vehicles destined for one to the infantry and the other with more firepower for the exploration squads of the armored cavalry. For that, the consortium was hired "Société des Matériels Spéciaux (SMS)" integrated by Renault Vehicules Industriers and Creusot-Loire who associated with the Argentine company ASTARSA to build 2 prototypes. The Panhard company also participated who is associated with Argentine TENSA company for the construction of another 2 prototypes.

One of the vehicles was called VAE (Vehículo Anfibio de Exploración - amphibious exploration vehicle) was 6x6 and had an engine of 260 HP to which it was planned with a national perkins engine of 250 HP.

As an armament wearing a FL20 turret with 20 mm cannon and wearing two hydrojects "Messier-Dowty" that gave him very good mobility in the water.

The other model was the VAPE (Vehículo Anfibio Pesado de Exploración - heavy exploration amphibious vehicle) which was quite different from the VAE, carried a Samm A.R 90 turret with a 90 mm cannon. The housing was steel with the smooth floor in the form of "V" and all the mechanical components with the exception of the suspension arms, the wheels and the hydrojects, are located inside the housing. The VAPE motor is 4 times diesel, supercharged with direct injection, 8-cylinder in "V" at 90 ° refrigerated by liquid , with a power of 254 HP at 2600 rpm. The engine forms a block with the converter, the gearbox and the transfer box. This motopropulse group was fixed and isolated from the casing with SilentBlocs. Two fans moved by their hydraulic motors, aspire the air-reheated air of the engine compartment and discharge it into the mouths, to pass through the radiator, towards the air outlet grid. This circulation of forced air ensures radiator cooling. The VAPE has a 6-speed box that allow it to reach 100 km/h. A lever allowed to change the propulsion to 4 wheels, 6 wheels and nautical. It has a bilge pump in the electrical operating motor compartment in case it reaches water accidentally, which evacuates by a cantery connected to a mouth located on the left front of the vehicle. The front part of VAPE carries a breakwater, which in navigation ensured longitudinal stabilization of the vehicle. It also carries 4 stabilization drawers in the back up of the vehicle. On the right side of the chassis it has a lauglack with a 6-ton hydraulic motor with 60 meters of cable 10 mm in diameter, whose command is made from the driving position. It is provided with QBR protection equipment (chemical, biological and radioactive). The engine compartment has a fire protection system and inside the vehicle has extinguishers.

The four prototypes were manufactured in France and were assembled in Argentina between 1979 and 1980 to be subjected to tests in different parts of the country where they threw excellent results. The following year the project was canceled by economic problems. The vehicles were a few years in the demonstration squadron of the cavalry school and then 3 went to TAMSE (where combat vehicles TAM were armed) and a VAPE went to Argentine company Astarsa.

VAPE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Weight in combat order: 15,535 ton

Width: 2.50 meters

Long with cannon: 8,245 meters

Long without cannon: 6 meters

Height with turret and 6 wheels: 2,828 meters

Floor clearance: 0.40 meters

Crew: 3 (driver, artilleryman and commander)

Maximum pending: 60%

Maximum speed: 100 km/h

Motor: Diesel V8 of 254 HP

Armament: 1x 90mm with automatic charger + 1x 7.62mm Coaxial + 1x 7.62mm External (Commander)

VAE 1 (Renault-ASTARSA)

Reveal hidden contents

VAE 2 (Panhard-TENSA)

Reveal hidden contents

VAPE 1 (Renault-ASTARSA). This colors scheme of camouflage is not from the Argentine army. This prototype is in private hands.

Reveal hidden contents

VAPE 2 (Panhard-TENSA).

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

VAPE 1 during the tests in Argentina.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

HIDROJETS MESSIER-DOWTY

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Almost all of this vehicles are featured on the suggestion, and for some cases they have their own suggestion, feel free to take a look at them!

On 31/03/2022 at 22:55, FasciPeronista said:

Wiesel 1A4 with RH202 and dm63 is already in the game, so I see no reason not to include the VCTP.

Also, what do you think of the VCTM? Mortar launchers already exist on some ships. It could be an interesting addition accompanied by a correct mechanic.

I always resisted the urge to add any of the IFVs with auto cannons to the tree, mainly since at the time there weren't any...thing that has changed. I dont see any issues adding the VCTP or even the VAE-1 & 2. As for the VCTM...its a strange choice, first because we done really have any mortar dedicated vehicles, and then....well, it would be a bit challenging given that you can't fire directly forwards. 

medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/04/2022 at 08:28, el_Argentino said:

E5D.jpg.b0db61addd28822debdb4efdc5f4540e

DDHF4UMXsAAw-fy.jpg.e0b311cbcbca7dd151a4

hi guys Anyone recognize this change? 

20220419_082750.jpg.3897871a4f176ff1d682

I think thats just the cap for the Machine gun hole.

EDIT: or the cap for the sights..

Edited by OsO73
medal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 17/05/2021 at 09:50, ARGENTVS said:

The only armored vehicles Argentina could use were Pattons rejected by the Army for being utterly fuel inefficient and weak in firepower, along not offerering tech transfer nor local production.
In the 1990s we could have had the TAP, a 1980's concept that didn't even reached the design table. It was one of the projects of another country no longer exist, like the nuclear submarines and ballistic missiles, nukes, everything cancelled in the 1990s.
The TAP (Tanque Argentino Pesado - Heavy Argentine Tank) was to be a evolutionary variant of the TAM using the VCA 155 mm enlarged chasis using 7 pairs of roadwheels. An up powered engine to 850-900 HP , a new turret that would most likely be a derivative from the Leopard IIA4 if not outrigt it and a Rheinmetall 120 mm L/44 gun.
I am not sure about the armor, the Leopard II and the TAM have around the same armor in the front hull, 32/35/40 mm. I think the chasis would had been the same TAM with some composite spaced strapped to it reaching something above 50 tons.
But, it never even got to be drawn, so it wont fit in this tree criteria.

Speculative Art from Zona-militar.com/foros

8172892715_8ef64b0d26_z.jpg

6c942f81529617b06c86e7418f4461d4o.jpg

Just for fun, watch a TAM doing shallow wadding in training.

Dang you never really see modern heavy tank concepts.

medal

9 hours ago, G1label said:

Dang you never really see modern heavy tank concepts.

It isn't a heavy tank, more so a proper MBT version of the TAM. 
Given the projected weight, it'd have been lighter than the Leopard 2, Abrams and Challenger platforms.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 7 months later...
On 03/03/2020 at 18:16, OsO73 said:
Hide contents

TAM Prototype (BR: 8.7)

P08kmho.jpg

TAM (Prototipo) might be good designation. Found another shot, though not the "highest" quality.

1ltlNC6.jpg

On 03/02/2021 at 15:30, AspandaIV said:

There's 2 or 3 Uruguayan tanks that can be added as premiums

M-41U: An modified version of the M-41A1 developed in Belgium for the Uruguayan army, like the Brazilian variant it had a 90mm Cockerill cannon and an FN MAG co axial MG, it even uses the same engine as the M-41B/C's, unlike the M-41'C it had a different armor layout and it can have addon armor unlike it's Brazilian counterpart. Uruguay got their first batch of M-41U's in 1981 and operated around 22 M-41U's 

Found a source mentioning M41A1U (probably the proper designation).

6XQnhEb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I wanted to suggest for the TT what could be an event/premium vehicle.

It's a TAM with cosmetic accessories, an urban camouflage indeed. Used by the army in urban combat exercises.

FsjDoKtXsAMFo0g.png.f9303505bec46e0abdbe

Screenshot_20230525-183659.png.415d726a9

Screenshot_20230525-183808.png.4db0b2488

Screenshot_20230525-183949.png.1c834df2c

Other similar examples of these urban/training camouflages would be this Marder (or the North American M1 KVT allready in game).

5aMWI0y.jpg.8ca04658c440816c82d4b570e3d9

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal