DAF truck with 2-Pounder AA gun

WayOfTheWolk

DAF truck with 2-Pounder AA gun  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the DAF truck with 2-Pounder AA gun implemented in War Thunder?

• Yes
    • No (explain)
  2. 2. How should the DAF truck with 2-Pounder AA gun implemented in War Thunder?

• Regular Tree
    • Premium
    • Event Vehicle
    • I said no
  3. 3. Would you like to see the DAF truck with 2-Pounder AA gun in the Swedish Tech Tree?

• Yes
    • No (other tree)
    • I said no

DAF truck with 2-Pounder AA gun

eGqlMBz.jpg

Introduction:

Spoiler

By the end of the 1930s the general staff of the Norwegian Army had realized they had a deficiency on vehicles not only to carry troops but to supplement the infantry in battle. There were experiments with armored vehicles testing a single Swedish Landsverk tank but these efforts had not gotten the Army far. The Norwegian economy had suffered greatly during the Great Depression, there was little funding to procure new military equipment which would later come back to haunt them during April 1940. Anti-aircraft defenses consisted of a mix of old and new with the newest guns ordered from Bofors in 1939. It was decided by Army command that an attempt would be made to domestically produce a self-propelled anti-air vehicle that could thus support mobile infantry movements. A prototype was ready by Spring 1940 modifying the chassis of a Dutch made PAG Trekker to accommodate an Army 2-Pdr QF Mk.II auto-cannon. It was expected that a production order would follow but this was cut short by the German invasion in April 1940. The prototype was captured by German forces seen below and pressed into service for their own military purposes. It is unknown as to its fate but it was likely scrapped.

0RNIONO.jpg

Technical Data:

Spoiler

Specifications ( Modified  DAF PAG Trekker):

Dimensions: ( 5.425 mm x 2.062 mm x 2.061 mm)

Weight: 3.5 tonnes

Transmission: 4 forward, 1 reverse manual

Propulsion: Ford V8 engine, 85 hp at 3800 rpm

Speed: 85 km/h on road

Crew: 4 men (Driver, Commander, Gunner, Loader)

Armor: 5 mm 

Ammo count: unknown (25 round belts used)

Armament (2-Pdr QF Mk.II):

Traverse: 360 degrees

Elevation: -5, +80

Max Range: 1100 meters

RoF: 200 rounds per minute

Rounds: HE, CP (1.34 kg) HE Bursting charge (0.100 Kg) CP Bursting charge (0.023 Kg)

Speed: 610 mps 

cKikdCz.jpg

Sources:

Edited by WayOfTheWolk
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Femed said:

Sound good, but in my opinion, i think is better leave it for a future Norwegian tech tree

The likelihood of that happening is slim. Finnish vehicles are already being put into the Swedish tech tree. The best route would be for the Swedish tree to become a Nordic tech tree in my opinion. 

medal medal medal