A few questions about World War Gamemode

• Suggestion Moderator

I was wondering what times the World War was happening? (I didn't play in the last one because i was taking a break from the game but the one before that) I felt that all the matches never lined up with my timezone/schedule. I was a bit frustrating to come home from working a full day to see that there was no more matches for the rest of the day.

I was wondering why don't they just have matches going on the full 24 hours for each day?
Since it would give people that live in different timezone a chance to play in this event. Even if it was every few hours they ended so fast if I was gone for like 10-20 min id miss out

I didn't even know you could get rewards with from the event it would be nice to see if it was more clear about the rewards and how to get them.

I might just be blind and all these were already addressed but if that's the case let me know.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Thatz said:

I was wondering what times the World War was happening? (I didn't play in the last one because i was taking a break from the game but the one before that) I felt that all the matches never lined up with my timezone/schedule. I was a bit frustrating to come home from working a full day to see that there was no more matches for the rest of the day.

I was wondering why don't they just have matches going on the full 24 hours for each day?
Since it would give people that live in different timezone a chance to play in this event. Even if it was every few hours they ended so fast if I was gone for like 10-20 min id miss out

Try being in New Zealand or Australia for a different time zone!!:crying:

WWM is still supposedly in "Beta test" mode AFAIK, and they do make adjustments to the scenarios between them sometimes, so I guess they are still looking at data from each sessoin in between sessions and doing evaluations of some sort.

1 hour ago, Thatz said:

I didn't even know you could get rewards with from the event it would be nice to see if it was more clear about the rewards and how to get them.

I might just be blind and all these were already addressed but if that's the case let me know.

I thought it was pretty clear - have another look at the news page - the rewards are quite prominent - https://warthunder.com/en/news/6782-event-world-war-season-road-to-the-west-en/

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Suggestion Moderator

True I just think it would be great to have matches throughout the time.

and my bad i was just blind I guess :P

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/09/2020 at 22:40, Josephs_Piano said:

WWM is still supposedly in "Beta test" mode AFAIK, and they do make adjustments to the scenarios between them sometimes, so I guess they are still looking at data from each sessoin in between sessions and doing evaluations of some sort.

"Officially" Beta Testing Was Only Season 1.

But Gaijin Tweaks And Adds Upon The Mode With Every New Season. 

On 08/09/2020 at 21:06, Thatz said:

Only Gaijin Really Has An Answer On That (I Hope).

My Take On It Is So That Squadrons Don't 
1. Climb Too Hard As Some Very Dedicated Squadrons Would Make Full Use Of These 24h Openings, And To Limit Their Sessions In Healthy Manner

2. If It Was Open 24h For A Day, Sessions Would Be Too Spread Out And Doesn't Give Random Players That Instant Match Making Once They're Done In A Battle I Reckon.

So They Try To Funnel In Sessions And People In A Timeframe Just So There's Always Something To Do, Queue Up Against, Etc.

On 08/09/2020 at 21:06, Thatz said:

All Seasons Have Been Very Clear On What The Rewards Are, (Season 1 Was Kinda Sketch On Rewards).
These Are Usually The Sole Reason For 70% Of The Playerbase To Actually Play WWM, And Not For The Mode Itself. 

https://wiki.warthunder.com/Category:Seasons Here You Can See The Past Seasons And Their Rewards Quite Easily. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, ShimakazeChan said:

"Officially" Beta Testing Was Only Season 1.

Season 1 was closed beta - they haven't said anything about the actual test state since or said that testing is over, and it's obviously now open, but as you point out hey are making changes even in hte middle of seasons so it certainly feels like a beta test still!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/10/2020 at 00:39, Josephs_Piano said:

Season 1 was closed beta - they haven't said anything about the actual test state since or said that testing is over, and it's obviously now open, but as you point out hey are making changes even in hte middle of seasons so it certainly feels like a beta test still!

When people without knowledge argue.

The actual beta testing for the world war mode was done by people like me that were whitelisted to take part in it and tested around in a couple events prior to the first season.
The first official season of the world war mode was not a closed beta test, however, the individual events get tweaked based on balance issues, even tho I dont entirely agree on how they exclusively base balancing on ALL available statistics without consulting the top 5ish squadrons each season.

The reason theres Brackets for EU and NA timezones only open for about 14 hours each day is so that people like me can sleep, its also the reason there are days off between days, in the third season I was in queue/matches for the entire time the season was active, or for about 150 hours, exclusively to get first place.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 23/10/2020 at 12:26, Coppen_ said:

When people without knowledge argue.

Ah yes...... 

May 15, 2019 —  Gaijin Entertainment announces that the  Open Beta  of  War Thunder’s  anticipated  World War mode  is starting today.

(https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/342671/World_War_is_coming_to_War_Thunder.php Not my emphasis)

Smin1080p
administrator
11 May 2019

Its not as simple as "RB with markers". We want world war mode to be as wide reaching as possible to as many people as possible, whilst also having its own unique flavor. Lots of trails were carried out during the closed beta stage and we are happy with the feedback results moving into the open testing stage . Of course things can always evolve with feedback over time.

(my emphasis)

image.png.7e823a2fc020e640f29aa7f245ba03

Something about without knowledge and arguing......:dntknw: