Bring back 45 Minute matches!

QuAcKerS_EXE

Its much lesser of an issue for RBGF than for air RB as climbing with some planes takes time. 25 mins for high BR jet air RB games is understandeable but for wwii prop planes not so much.

medal medal medal medal medal

sure. I mean ground forces matches got accelerated immensly anyway due to powercreep so they most of the time don't exceed the 25min limit. actually this only can happen in battle mode.

The fact Gaijin changed it for air RB shows that they are not interested in strategic battles but only flamboyant call of duty like gameplay. fast in, fast out. Long matches don't make money. Gaijin went bonkers with the monetarization of war thunder within the last 1 or 2 years

Edited by Rainbowprincess
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It even went too far, in terms of completing tasks. Most of the killtasks/battle are still from old times with old battle times. Today matches are too quick and team sizes too small to achieve some of those.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The argument isn't that matches longer than 25 minutes occur often, they are very rare. If they had occurred regularly, they would have probably become a drag more than anything. But since longer matches were fairly rare, I feel that's what made them stick out and feel so much more exhilarating to win, and even lose. They were some of my greatest highs and lows in this game, and seeing them be arbitrarily made impossible is immensely saddening for me. Just takes some character out of the game that really didn't have to be torn out. I feel a more reasonable limit of 35 minutes could accomplish the same goal while retaining the above quality.

I fully agree air RB matches being ruined by changes made during past months. I'm talking rank I-V BR:s, rank VI missile taging is completely different type of game.  Mainly two matters cause loss of enjoyment of the game. Firstly, matches limited to 25 minutes cause several drawbacks. Main issues are that there is no time to hunt space climbers at end - I have seen many matches lost with only one climber on winning side vs. several figters on losing side. Also, bombers have no time to reload, and on most maps they have no chance to win the game. Secondly, RB matches have been changed too much arcade like. There should be more options to apply some strategy whichever type of plane one is flying. Nowadays most maps have all targets stacked in one relatively small location, which leads fiery arcade-like fight there. A a consequense, attackers and frontline bombers have no much chances, and also those enjoyable 1 vs 1 fighter fights are rare. There are some other issues that make me dissatisfied with the direction the game is developing, but they're outside this topic.

1 hour ago, suohaukka said:

I fully agree air RB matches being ruined by changes made during past months. I'm talking rank I-V BR:s, rank VI missile taging is completely different type of game.  Mainly two matters cause loss of enjoyment of the game. Firstly, matches limited to 25 minutes cause several drawbacks. Main issues are that there is no time to hunt space climbers at end - I have seen many matches lost with only one climber on winning side vs. several figters on losing side. Also, bombers have no time to reload, and on most maps they have no chance to win the game. Secondly, RB matches have been changed too much arcade like. There should be more options to apply some strategy whichever type of plane one is flying. Nowadays most maps have all targets stacked in one relatively small location, which leads fiery arcade-like fight there. A a consequense, attackers and frontline bombers have no much chances, and also those enjoyable 1 vs 1 fighter fights are rare. There are some other issues that make me dissatisfied with the direction the game is developing, but they're outside this topic.

People have been playing RB like this for years now. Only difference now is that it’s more common now due to the flood of casuals to the game. They figured out they could get more RP and SL from flying for about a min in RB vs a min in AB. Additionally I would rather take the loss than spend half an hour trying to find the last space climber on the enemy team. Finally outside of German, Russian and Swedish bombers your lucky to even make to base yet alone make it back to the airfield to rearm. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 07:26, GeneralDeadpool said:

I've been screwed so often in tank matches when we could've won but the fking enemy got lucky cuz the match timer ran out

Fking enemy got so lucky probably because you (or your team) was sitting at one place for 23 mins. Then from some reason you decided  to move and noticed match is over. What a shame.

Yeah Gajin, bring back 45 min games. While camping 25 mins is only enough to make coffie and not for a whole meal.

Edited by Shumenko

16 hours ago, Shumenko said:

Fking enemy got so lucky probably because you (or your team) was sitting at one place for 23 mins. Then from some reason you decided  to move and noticed match is over. What a shame.

Yeah Gajin, bring back 45 min games. While camping 25 mins is only enough to make coffie and not for a whole meal.

25 min games in tank was a dream bro. Never real. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Another match ruined by space climbing. One B-17 left but we had a slight ticket disadvantage. If we had the old time limit we would have won. The new time limit encourages space climbing and Gaijin is blind to it like to many other problems in this game. When will they wake up?

Edited by ACSchnitzel
medal medal medal