Jump to content

Unlinking PSN-bound account


Best answer

There’s no ETA. Follow this topic to know when the transfer will become available again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 15/12/2020 at 09:02, gromvoiny said:

As you know, it is possible to create War Thunder account in the PlayStation 4/5 version of the game and link it to email in order to login with it on official forums or PC-version of the game. 

 

We are now offering opportunity to unlink your PSN-bound account. As a result of this procedure, you will have 2 separate accounts - original one that you can still use from the console (but can't use in PC version anymore), and another fully fledged PC-account with no restrictions for using Gaijin Store etc. In-game progress will be saved at the moment of unlinking and after that will be no longer be shared and will become independent on each platform.

...

 

Greetings, Is there any update on the next transfer period? 

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was there a specific reason they temp removed this, cause personally I am willing to pay to transfer my account. (I want to be able to access marketplace and stuff)

On 08/04/2023 at 11:41, Dr_Garlics@psn said:

Tragedy happened. I got this from Piñata event but I can't sell it on the marketplace. 700 dollars!

I want to transfer my account!    :crysnail:

 

938440476_Screenshot2023-04-08at09_37_47

Ouch, same I got some stuff to sell; its a shame they stopped doing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@gromvoiny I had a couple questions about transferring.
1) Will I need access to the psn account I used when creating my war thunder account?
2) Will I get a chance for a name change when the transfer is available again? If so, do I need to specify the request for the name change or will I be able to do it like normal pc accounts do?
Hopefully we can start transfers again before the next sale

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NekoTheDoge@psn said:

@gromvoiny I had a couple questions about transferring.
1) Will I need access to the psn account I used when creating my war thunder account?
2) Will I get a chance for a name change when the transfer is available again? If so, do I need to specify the request for the name change or will I be able to do it like normal pc accounts do?
Hopefully we can start transfers again before the next sale

 

You have to spend any remaining GE/consume coupons/leave the squadron etc before proceeding with unlinking, so of course you need to have access. As well as access to the email that is linked to this PSN account. 

And yes, you will get one free nickname change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/04/2023 at 13:54, MountainLegends@psn said:

Was there a specific reason they temp removed this, cause personally I am willing to pay to transfer my account. (I want to be able to access marketplace and stuff)

Ouch, same I got some stuff to sell; its a shame they stopped doing it.

 

Reply from @gromvoiny: 

Quote

I know, but before allowing unlinking again we have to automate the process some more, so not to clog up our support staff and store team completely with hundreds of requests like happened in the past. It takes time and there are other tasks with higher priority unfortunately. 

 

I guess we have to wait for much longer time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dr_Garlics@psn said:

 

Reply from @gromvoiny: 

 

I guess we have to wait for much longer time.

It makes sense to automate it as much as possible. It sounded like a manpower intensive task before.

Putting more effort into the process is going to be a good thing and shows they mean to make it a more permanent feature. 

 

Just would be nice to get a rough idea of timings. Are we weeks, months, years away?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ight so I am using my PS account on pc now
I lost 30 days of premium time, can no longer buy any premium packs
Dunno if its normal or not. I thought I would lose my prem time if I had unlinked my account but I didn't (Mostly cause I can't) so is there any way to be able to purchase premium packs or am I just kind of stranded if they release new ones :l

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Branflakes420_69@psn said:

ight so I am using my PS account on pc now
I lost 30 days of premium time, can no longer buy any premium packs
Dunno if its normal or not. I thought I would lose my prem time if I had unlinked my account but I didn't (Mostly cause I can't) so is there any way to be able to purchase premium packs or am I just kind of stranded if they release new ones :l

From my experience, you can buy vehicle premium packs by login into your PSN Store website, then activating it on the console. After login on PC, you will only receive the vehicle and the GE. The premium time, stay on the console.
For the premium time on PC, you must buy it with GE balance.
That's we are all here waiting for Gaijin open again the unlinking PSN bound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Branflakes420_69@psn said:

ight so I am using my PS account on pc now
I lost 30 days of premium time, can no longer buy any premium packs
Dunno if it’s normal or not. I thought I would lose my prem time if I had unlinked my account but I didn't (Mostly cause I can't) so is there any way to be able to purchase premium packs or am I just kind of stranded if they release new ones :l


With PSN account you can purchase GE in PC store but not premium packs. The latter you still have to buy in PS Store and activate them from console after purchase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 26/04/2023 at 16:40, SoulEnd281@psn said:

This is due to Sony being a company that made a poor decision by denying this feature on console.

Definitely this. I don't think Gaijin would want the complexity of PC Vs console accounts. The fact that they allowed transfering at one point shows they want to bring people away from that restrictive ecosystem. 100% a Sony behaviour to make life difficult for little reason, let alone good reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...