• Yes, But Only With Split East/West Matchmaking
    • Maybe / I Don't Know
    • No, I Would Like A Different East German Subtree
    • No, I Would Like East German Vehicles To Be Added In A Different Way
    • No, I Don't Want East German Vehicles
    • No, I Don't Want Beutepanzers
    • No (Other Reasons)
    • Other (Please Comment)

I support having East German vehicles in the tree since most likely we’re going to receive the vehicles anyway seeing how we already have some filling parts of the tree.

Having a form of prerequisites to unlock them would be a good idea, possibly tying them into having parts of the Soviet Tree unlocked and the unique models researched normally. A full East German tree isn’t exactly necessary as it would get tedious bouncing between the USSR and German trees. Maybe taking some of the main vehicles for the TT and the others could be used as premium or event vehicles.

I don’t think having an Eastern Germany Sub-tree is going to draw attention away from the Soviet tree, especially how Rank VII is unfolding for the Soviet’s with vehicles like the T-80BVM, and BMP-2M and future vehicles like the T-90M.

We’ll see what happens :salute:

Edited by Yontzee
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 21/07/2021 at 13:34, Zombificus said:

sKPz (schwerer Kampfpanzer) T-10

What model of t10 would these be? The very first t10 aren't in game and thus would be unique.

medal medal medal

I'm fine with more captured vehicles on the condition that they're heavily modified versions. A Somua with some add-on tracks is an absolute no-go. 

East German tanks? Not in a million years. There isn't a single vehicle they used that's completely unique and distinguishable to them vs the Soviets themselves and there isn't a single gap in the German tree they'd fill that can't instead be filled by variants of existing unique German tanks or new unique ones. It makes infinitely more sense to put a DDR line in the Russian tree - it's far better for the health of the game to not turn the German tree into a scuffed Russia clone and it makes far better historical sense too if you want purely DDR lineups. 

Edited by MajorFooFoo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, MajorFooFoo said:

I'm fine with more captured vehicles on the condition that they're heavily modified versions. A Somua with some add-on tracks is an absolute no-go. 

East German tanks? Not in a million years. There isn't a single vehicle they used that's completely unique and distinguishable to them vs the Soviets themselves and there isn't a single gap in the German tree they'd fill that can't instead be filled by variants of existing unique German tanks or new unique ones. It makes infinitely more sense to put a DDR line in the Russian tree - it's far better for the health of the game to not turn the German tree into a scuffed Russia clone and it makes far better historical sense too if you want purely DDR lineups. 

be ready to make a riot against gaijin to delete completly the chinese and israel trees...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, MajorFooFoo said:

Edited 8 hours ago by MajorFooFoo

There's that aa. Also the Jung Jungethal t55.

medal medal medal

13 hours ago, zSektor92 said:

be ready to make a riot against gaijin to delete completly the chinese and israel trees...

Not a fan of the Chinese tree but it still has far more unique content scattered around than any DDR tree or line would. The Israeli ground tree on the other hand is almost completely made up of unique vehicles. Both have more unique vehicles to add too, whilst all East Germany has is...

6 hours ago, hienapunk said:

There's that aa. Also the Jung Jungethal t55.

...those. Fair enough I skimmed over the AA, but the Jung Jungethal isn't in this post (unless I really need an eye check) and I, probably along with most people, had absolutely no idea it existed.

Other point still stands though - they're not needed. Germany already has hands-down the strongest AA line in the game with at least 3 perfectly viable AA for a 5.7 lineup where OP said the 2M-3 could go, meanwhile the Russian tree is in desperate need of an AA like this to fill it's colossal AA gap from 3.7 to 7.0. Jung Jung is still a T-55 which at a quick glance is just a weird Egyptian T-55AM - German 8.0/8.3 is doing fine and there's plenty of domestic and foreign Leo 1 production/prototype models if you really want to give them another MBT, not to mention that if Germany gets this then the US 100% gets the Ramses II which I also think is pretty dumb. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
On 21/07/2021 at 13:34, Zombificus said:

Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) neuer Art

Hide contents

A prototype upgraded Pz.38(t), mainly differing by its welded construction and an improved engine which increased its speed and acceleration. This gives Germany a nice light tank with a decent gun which though on the weaker side at this BR can still be very effective when flanking, which the neuer Art’s improved mobility will help with.

I've heard rumors of this thing coming along forever and I'm still waiting for it :(

medal medal medal

So the way I would engage this is by taking the said vehicles, creating an own tech tree in the already existing German tree, not a sub-tree but more like the helicopter trees for each nations, and making it only available for those who have already unlocked Russian rank V and German rank V.
I'd also suggest making the research cost higher so that the Germany players who've already unlocked Germany rank V don't just go to the Russian tree and unlock it until rank V so that they've got what's basically access to easy Russian top tier tanks, to kinda "scare" them off, or making it kinda less interesting to them...
Another important factor is the matchmaker, I personally would only allow East Germans to play only with Russians, so that it doesn't interfere with Wehrmacht and or West German tanks, + Mixed line-ups like that would be complete nonsense in my opinion. 
Also a little detail that I'd love to hear would be new Crew Voices, since the East German army used different slang and other commands. (East Germans in general used a different slang compared to High-German like in the west). Gunner, HEAT, PC! is always a good example for good crew commands. 

One more vehicle I'd love to see though, is the Czech made RM-70, since it was also in service with the NVA, designated as "Geschoßwerfer" as much as  "Projectile launcher". (Pictures attached.)
I hope i'm not just babbling crap but someone can relate to my view on this instead :D. Although I'm not expecting an East German tech tree soon, if at all, I'd be happy to see one. ^^

NVA RM-70.jpg

NVA RM-70   2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...

I 100% agree with this, people may say it would ruin russian players, but i think not. First off, history is important, and i think it would be very cool to show that "downfall" of germany, by having two completely sperate trees that c a n t mix, so no leos with t72s, and no german air support with russian tanks eithier, all east german, gaijin would have to figure out how to have 2 tech tress in one nation, (which i say you could just add a "folder" for the nation, same with britain and south africa, i hate having a wierd mix of british and south african tanks....) and for the captured tanks during ww2? add them 100% would make germany even more unique, and more realistic. +1 but i know this will never happen cause gaijin is **** at making games

• Upvote 2
medal medal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 06:13, Colerend said:

-1 Germany doesn't need those vehicles at all. They are one of the most bloated trees in the game and most of stuff that is suggested here is a copy paste.

IMG_20221110_101222.jpg

call that for the People's Republic of Copy... o the new Sweeden with that very mixed Warsaw and NATO tech tree...

Edited by zSektor92
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, zSektor92 said:

call that for the People's Republic of Copy... o the new Sweeden with that very mixed Warsaw and NATO tech tree...

You and I both know that Gaijin is to blame. Finland has unique versions of those vehicles but they chose copy paste instead. The only area where GDR vehicles are needed is Air and I prefer it to stay that way. Germany already has a M48 (one of the best versions in game in fact) and y'all can't even use that properly.

• Confused 6
  • Upvote 3
medal

On 27/11/2022 at 13:55, Colerend said:

You and I both know that Gaijin is to blame. Finland has unique versions of those vehicles but they chose copy paste instead. The only area where GDR vehicles are needed is Air and I prefer it to stay that way. Germany already has a M48 (one of the best versions in game in fact) and y'all can't even use that properly.

And?? the final result is a copy paste of NATO and Warsaw for Sweeden, an auto denial of all "no mixed warsaw and nato techtree", and in the past with People's Republic of Copy of the 95% full copy paste vehicles with the "no more copy paste vehicles"... both statements commonly called for the german tech tree, and therefore i see them, i check player vehicle preferences and they plays with copy paste tech trees... so what i mainly see is a different focus of those statements instead of focusing on the base they call...

Edited by zSektor92
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 28/11/2022 at 02:11, zSektor92 said:

And?? the final result is a copy paste of NATO and Warsaw for Sweeden, an auto denial of all "no mixed warsaw and nato techtree", and in the past with People's Republic of Copy of the 95% full copy paste vehicles with the "no more copy paste vehicles"... both statements commonly called for the german tech tree, and therefore i see them, i check player vehicle preferences and they plays with copy paste tech trees... so what i mainly see is a different focus of those statements instead of focusing on the base they call...

I don't see Sweden being flooded with copy paste. China looks like that because it was on Tencent server originally. 

"No mixed Warsaw and NATO techtree" Entire Eastern Europe be like::facepalm:

What player vehicle preferences are you referring to? Most people play The Big Three and they have original vehicles. Germany still have a lot of unique vehicles to add. It is literally the biggest tree in the game and you want Soviet stuff? You already have American vehicles....

Also Y'all spamming confused emojis is laughable. I made myself clear. 

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 2
medal

On 29/11/2022 at 18:09, Colerend said:

I don't see Sweden being flooded with copy paste. China looks like that because it was on Tencent server originally. 

"No mixed Warsaw and NATO techtree" Entire Eastern Europe be like::facepalm:

What player vehicle preferences are you referring to? Most people play The Big Three and they have original vehicles. Germany still have a lot of unique vehicles to add. It is literally the biggest tree in the game and you want Soviet stuff? You already have American vehicles....

clearly you are outdated with the last patch additions to sweeden right???

Sweden have even more leopards than Germany, and of course along of warsaw and soviet tanks

image.png.64a175ae38e75e2398c784eef49b73

have the More protected Leopard 2A5 the PLSS, and the same Leopard 2A6 the finish one... and of course, the Leo 2A4 Strv starts with Kinetic APDSFS rounds as stock, not like the german ones that starts with HEATSFS in a world of NERA and ERA...

• Like 2

On 29/11/2022 at 14:09, Colerend said:

Man I didn't even read your post. I just saw this and I knew what I had to do.

• Haha 3
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, zSektor92 said:

clearly you are outdated with the last patch additions to sweeden right???

No I'm not. Read what I said in the previous post.

2 hours ago, zSektor92 said:

have the More protected Leopard 2A5 the PLSS, and the same Leopard 2A6 the finish one... and of course, the Leo 2A4 Strv starts with Kinetic APDSFS rounds as stock, not like the german ones that starts with HEATSFS in a world of NERA and ERA..

Then Germans should suggest more Leopard and German modified American vehicles that they had. Not a line of Soviet vehicles. What kind of broken logic is that.

• Confused 5
  • Upvote 1
medal

18 hours ago, Colerend said:

No I'm not. Read what I said in the previous post.

Then Germans should suggest more Leopard and German modified American vehicles that they had. Not a line of Soviet vehicles. What kind of broken logic is that.

There was a time when there were 2 germanys, with a "room seperator".

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal