Polish Ground Forces Sub-tree Redux (13 June 2023) - Mazurek Dąbrowskiego

Yontzee

Polish Ground Forces Sub-tree (Please read the Editor's Comment's for reasoning behind this sub-tree).  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Poland in War Thunder?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. IF Poland is unable to be implemented as a standalone tree or part of a Visegrád Group Tree, do you want to see it as a sub-tree of a nation?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What nation(s) would you want to see it under?

• U.S.S.R.
    • Germany
    • U.S.A.
    • Sweden
    • None/Other

9 hours ago, Stasio20 said:

Considering that Israel now got their own tree It's safe to say that most suggestions like this are defunct as there where many nations which have far more domestic designs that weren't added. Poland Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia all being prime examples. They should be added as their own trees. 

I agree, I hope it gets its own tree. Poland could start rank 1 for both Ground and Air since they have lot of early indigenous designs. It gets a little more hairy towards mid-ranks with the Soviet Union vehicles and doesn’t go back to more indigenous designs until higher-ranks.

Edited by Yontzee
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Poland should get its own tree but I appreciate the research that went into finding these vehicles.  :salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Yontzee changed the title to Polish Ground Forces Minor Nation Tree/Sub-tree - Mazurek Dąbrowskiego

images.jpg.1588dde70a96249c6afba17b4d067

I am reworking the fundamentals of this tree to reflect the addition of the Israeli Tree. 

Things that I am working on:

• Adding new options to reflect similar to the new Israeli Tree with Rank/Nation requirements. ***Will continue to differentiate from the full Polish Tree previously created***
  • Updating the current option of a sub-tree.
  • Adding new production vehicles from the WIP section, as well as small amounts of vehicles from Germany, USSR, and Great Britain to fulfill gaps. Part of this list can be seen in the beginning disclaimer section. If main production vehicles are commonly found, they will most likely be added too.
  • More premium and event vehicle options.
  • Refining details based on commentary.

I hope to see a new minor nation tree for Poland! 

Also no hate, if you have respective constructive criticism I’ll be glad to hear it, but if not, take it somewhere else because I don’t care. :dntknw: Thanks for the support! If you have ideas or want to use my information towards a Polish TT, by all means.

Edited by Yontzee

• Yontzee changed the title to Polish Ground Forces Minor Tree and/or Sub-tree - Mazurek Dąbrowskiego

I would love to see a Polish tree in some form in game, there's a lot of really good content to be had there. Here's a couple other suggestions as well.

BWP with OTO Melara 60mm turret (I wasn't sure if this is included in BWP Prototype Variants)

bwp-2000.jpg.2ec19de74bbb502cd1342002011

Strop 30mm SPAAG

strop-image01.jpg

Great suggestion though, hopefully Poland can into War Thunder!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Yontzee changed the title to Polish Ground Forces Sub-tree - Mazurek Dąbrowskiego
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/09/2021 at 10:56, Yontzee said:

SKOT-2AM

Reveal hidden contents

1507543748_OT-64SKOT2AM.thumb.jpg.b4b530

SKOT-2AM is an ATGM version of the SKOT-2A. Note the 9M14 launchers on the turret protected by armor plating.

SKOT-2AM.thumb.jpg.95f3de4175c1050e89608

Side view of the SKOT-2AM. Notice the missing armor plating around the missiles.

Privately owned OT-64 SKOT w/ interior footage (disregard end of video..unless you’re into such graphics).

SKOT utilizing its amphibious capabilities.  

• Description
    •  The OT-64 (Obrneny Transporter) Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) was jointly developed from 1959 by Czechoslovakia and Poland was used by them in place of the similar Russian BTR-60 (8 × 8) APC. The vehicle, which uses many automotive components of the Tatra 813 series of 8 × 8 high-mobility trucks, entered service in 1964 and was subsequently widely exported. The Polish designation for the vehicle is the Sredni Kolowy Opancerzny Transporter. Tatra of Czechoslovakia provided the chassis and automotive components and FSC/Lubin in Poland the armoured body and weapon system. The OT-64 SKOT-2AM was the anti-tank model of the OT-64 SKOT-2A that was equipped with 2 AT-3 Sagger launchers, each located on both sides of the turret, covered by a thin layer of RHA to protect against up to 7.62mm small-arms fire. It can also be equipped with the 73mm SPG-9 Anti-Tank Grenade Launcher and carry 30 PG-9W rounds. This would have to be operated by 4 crewman. Production of the OT-64 family was completed in 1990 after about 10,300 had been built for the home and export markets. Only around 28 were converted to the OT-64 SKOT-2AM.
  • Armament:
    • Primary: 14.5mm KPVT HMG (w/ 50rd belts, 500rds total)
      • Depression/Elevation: -4/+87 degrees
      • Optics:
        • Gunner: Modified PP-61C Day Sight (Utilizes 9S415 Control Panel/Periscope for 9M14 ATGM’s)
        • Commander: TPKU-2B Periscope
    • Coaxial: 7.62mm PKT GPMG (w/ 250rd belts, 3,000rds total)
    • Secondary: 2x AT-3 Sagger (9M14 Malutka) ATGM Launchers (w/ 4 missiles in reserve in exchange of passenger seating)
      • Warhead: HEAT
      • Caliber: 125mm
      • Flight Speed: 115m/s
      • Rocket Weight: 10.9kg
      • Guidance: MCLOS
      • Detonation Mechanism: Contact
      • Operation Range:
        • 500m-3,000m
      • Penetration:
        • 400mm of RHA
  • Maneuverability:
    • Engine: 180hp Tatra 928-14 Diesel Engine
    • Transmission: Semi-automatic Praga-Wilson Gearbox, 4-Forward, 1-Reverse
    • Chassis: 8x8 Wheeled Chassis w/ Torsion Bars
    • Max Speed: 94km/h (9km/h on water)
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 7.44m
    • Width: 2.55m
    • Height: 2.71m
    • Weight: 15 tons
  • Crew (4x):
    • Commander
    • Gunner
    • Loader
    • Driver
  • Accessories:
    • Amphibious
    • NVD
      • Driver: PWN-105 Night Vision Device
  • Notes:

Hey it's my OT-64

If you want more photos or info on it I literally have it in my back yard.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, bfgmovies said:

Hey it's my OT-64

Sure, that would be legit :salute:

Post them in the comments and I'll "@' you in the suggestion as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Radeon77pl said:

Suprised to NOT see AHS Krab in a roaster. 155mm BONK gun with LR/LWS would be awsome in WT.

Also bit suprised to not see UK as an option in the poll.

Its in the WIP section towards the top:

Spoiler
  • Planned or otherwise noteworthy vehicles:
    • TK-SD
    • 7TP Reinforced
    • 10TP
    • GAZ-69M
    • 14TP (One prototype produced, need more information.)
    • T-34-85M1
    • T-34-85M2
    • T-54 (S-2)
    • T-54AM1
    • T-54AM2
    • 9P133 Malyutka
    • BWP-1
    • BWP-1M “Puma”
    • BWR-1S
    • BWP-2000 Prototype
    • BWP-40 Prototype (Premium/Event)
      • BWP Prototype Variants
    • BWP-1 (2021 Modernization)
    • BWP-2
    • 2S1T Gvozdika
    • T-72M1
    • T-72M1R
    • Hibneryt Variants
    • AHS Krab
    • 9K33 Osa Variants
    • Ottokar-Brzoza TD Program
      • TD Variants
    • PL-01 Prototype (Possible TT or Premium)
    • WPB Anders Prototype Variants 
    • Borsuk IFV
    • PZA Loara
    • Leopard 2A4
    • Leopard 2A5
    • Leopard 2PLM
    • PT-91M
    • PT-91MA1
    • PT-91M "Pendekar" (Squadron)
    • PT-91M2A1
    • M1A2 SEPv3 (Will add to tree however, Polish version unlikely to see in-game due being the core vehicle of USA)
    • K2PL Black Panther

I've taken a step back from suggestions for the time being but in the future I plan on adding most of these vehicles to the sub-tree. I didn't add the U.K. to the poll at the time I changed things up since they already had South Africa so I do apologize on that.

Edited by Yontzee

On 21/11/2022 at 06:33, bfgmovies said:

Hey it's my OT-64

Sure we could use some :D

Does it's still have PPK 9M14 Malyutka launcher mounted on turret sides or were those removed in the demilitarization process before the sale?

About of thirty of this OT-64 type were produced, additionally it was considered secret... hence there are almost no fotos of it.

medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Technical Moderator

I voted yes for a sub tree, but not for any of the current existing nations.  I'd prefer to see it as part of something like an eastern European tree or something.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Conraire said:

I voted yes for a sub tree, but not for any of the current existing nations.  I'd prefer to see it as part of something like an eastern European tree or something.  

Agree, there should be a separate tech tree for Poland, Ukraine and other Eastern European nations that have unique vehicles but not enough to make their own trees.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Poland, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and even Romania to a certain extent have the capability for full rank 1-8 tank and aviation trees, to throw them together would be a waste for Gaijin and their consumers alike.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Reworked the tree with more vehicles and (an incomplete) reference tree. Currently working on a poll reset with the mods. If there are any discrepancies within the tree, please let me know and I will make corrections. I do not have access to a lot of Polish references/documents. I will also over time continue to add more information to each vehicle.

Please let me know what you guys think.:salute:

f72b6ec4-7cdc-4820-bc82-306b27892a19.jpg

Polish Leopard 2PL, the same as found in the game.

P.S. Again, just in-case Poland isn't given a full tree. <- I want to highlight that statement. The German tree was used as a reference as we have the Leopard 2PL in it. No politics .

Edited by Yontzee
  • Thanks 1

• Yontzee changed the title to Polish Ground Forces Sub-tree Redux (05 May 2023) - Mazurek Dąbrowskiego
On 06/05/2023 at 06:22, Yontzee said:

Again, just in-case Poland isn't given a full tree. <- I want to highlight that statement. The German tree was used as a reference as we have the Leopard 2PL in it. No politics .

I think you did a nice job with this suggestion. Good thing that you highlight this statement. 

• Thanks 1
medal

Poland should have independent tech tree. There's too many unique vehicle's that can be added. Poland would be looking like a chinese tech tree. There's something orginial but the rest is mainly copy-paste from USSR

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, krokodyl_ said:

Poland would be looking like a chinese tech tree. There's something orginial but the rest is mainly copy-paste from USSR

Poland would be better than China in terms of vehicles. It would be similar to Sweden.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
medal

6 hours ago, krokodyl_ said:

Poland should have independent tech tree. There's too many unique vehicle's that can be added. Poland would be looking like a chinese tech tree. There's something orginial but the rest is mainly copy-paste from USSR

Yeah I agree, I made this in case Gaijin doesn’t create Poland as an independent tree. This is a back up idea.

Made some changes and added some vehicles. Will be adding vehicles like the PZA Loara-A since you can add more than 5 vehicles per Rank/Branch as seen in the Israel Tree's Magach Line. 

Edit: I do apologize, I talked to the mods and the poll can't be reset. 

Edited by Yontzee

• Yontzee changed the title to Polish Ground Forces Sub-tree Redux (13 June 2023) - Mazurek Dąbrowskiego