196 A-5 Poll  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Finnish Arado Ar 196 A-5 in game?

• Yes
    • No

On 14/06/2022 at 11:52, Alexandros11 said:

I know what you mean, but BR has never been by date - and other aircraft in EC1 (Boston, Catalina) saw service throughout the entire war. I can see 2.0-2.3 in RB might make more sense though.

yup

one of the more extreme examples is probably the BTR-ZD we just got; late 70's apc and SPAA and yet we have ingame at like 4.3

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, NovA29R said:

I don't hope at all... no time for this.. and btw.. 4x100 this is cool but... any documented proof of it? wikipedia doesn't count.

Yes, it's all in documents from conversions in Finnish archives. I read them but it was expensive to pay for commercial licenses to display all of them. Gaijin can pay for the documents if they implement it. Do you really think they have no time for this?... they sometimes add low tier planes

medal

36 minutes ago, NovA29R said:

if plane came out best you get then only 2x50. without proof. For me not problem at all. 

Well the evidence is there if Gaijin wants it, I could contact the archives again at some point if necessary. Sure 2 50 is fine but it's better to have historical load outs

Edited by Alexandros11
medal

On 02/07/2022 at 23:29, BlakkBlizzard said:

Damn, really interesting idea. I would love for Gaijin to focus more on the lower tiers of War Thunder, adding this would be a great start for a Finnish subtree in Sweden.

For sure - there's already a cool line of Finnish aircraft (it's basically the premium line) and this fits in great there, especially as it would be Finlands first floatplane.

medal

7 hours ago, avp216 said:

I heard something about a switchable gun in the cowling.

Any more info on that?  Sounds interesting!

Maybe a potential mod in game?

Yeah that's right, some switched out the MG 17 in the cowling for a 12.7mm LKk/42 machine gun with 300 rounds. I think it should be a switchable armament like in the nose of the 109 G-6, you can choose between a 20mm MG 151 and a 30mm MK 108.

medal