196 A-5 Poll  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Finnish Arado Ar 196 A-5 in game?

• Yes
    • No

On 07/05/2022 at 02:00, Folfy said:

I agree! I think War thunder should really start going back into lower tiers there is soooo much they could add! On top of this I think adding scout planes would be awesome to the game! In a way dedicated scout planes. Now like hear my out. We have light tanks that could do scouting and stuff but planes made to do this type of stuff such as the Arado that (please Gaijin add) was a dedicated scout plane could use a *ability* if you will that allows it to automatically mark targets at a certain altitude? Kinda like how light tanks have the bino ability. It would present itself in my eyes as a very useful CAS aircraft because of its ability to fly over and spot enemy targets. Even in SIM! I think it would be great if you were working together since targets can be a bit hard to see. Even if "scout planes" are never added it would still be awesome to see this amazing Finnish plane added.

that's honestly A HELL of an idea! They could then start adding planes versions made specificly for scouting!

On 31/07/2022 at 23:15, NRT_Johnson@psn said:

that's honestly A HELL of an idea! They could then start adding planes versions made specificly for scouting!

I know, it's kind of bizarre they haven't added the scouting ability to reconnaissance planes in game yet - it seems like a pretty simple/obvious idea to give recon planes a bigger place in game. Especially as in ww2 recon planes always played a huge role.

medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/08/2022 at 17:36, kazpondo said:

This looks like a very interesting aircraft! The more floatplanes the better. 

While they're at it I'd like to see a lot of other floatplanes - e.g. the Walrus, its already in the game just on a ship... they should add it to the tech tree. Dornier Do 22 is another one I'd really like to see

medal

3 minutes ago, NovA29R said:

I am very happy but there are some issues you may have noticed.

1.) The A-5 had the BMW 132W engine which produced 1,050HP under full power, this in-game A-5 has the 132K which is inaccurate.

2.) The A-5 had 20mm MG FF/M cannon with extended 90 round magazines, this in-game A-5 has the 20mm MG FF from the A-3, which is innacurate.

3.) The A-5 had armour plating protecting the crew, there is no armour on this one in game

4.) The Finnish A-5 could carry a 12.7mm LKk machine gun instead of the 7.92 MG, which should be switchable

5.) The Finnish A-5 could carry up to 4 x100kg bombs

So I am happy that its in the game, but its missing lots of its historical details...

• Upvote 2
medal

2 minutes ago, Alexandros11 said:

1.) The A-5 had the BMW 132W engine which produced 1,050HP under full power, this in-game A-5 has the 132K which is inaccurate.

2.) The A-5 had 20mm MG FF/M cannon with extended 90 round magazines, this in-game A-5 has the 20mm MG FF from the A-3, which is innacurate.

3.) The A-5 had armour plating protecting the crew, there is no armour on this one in game

4.) The Finnish A-5 could carry a 12.7mm LKk machine gun instead of the 7.92 MG, which should be switchable

So I am happy that its in the game, but its missing lots of its historical details...

Hello, 

I was going to answer the topic. 

As I'm an active bug reporter, I would be happy to make a bug report about the five issues you mentioned, but I would need sources make it. 

Regards, 

Stern

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Alexandros11 said:

make a bugreport with documents. they change it. i think.

medal medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, Sternjaeger84 said:

Hello, 

I was going to answer the topic. 

As I'm an active bug reporter, I would be happy to make a bug report about the five issues you mentioned, but I would need sources make it. 

Regards, 

Stern

Thankyou, would really appreciate that, here are all the sources.

Source 1: (Finnish using A-5, MG FF/M cannon, 90 round mag, MG81Z and ammunition load, cross reference added armour)  https://militaryaviationhistory.blogspot.com/2022/04/arado-ar-196-eyes-of-kreigsmarine.html

Source 2: (Armour plating for pilot and observer, cross reference extended magazines for cannons)  https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Arado_Ar_196

Source 3: (Technical Specs + performance for A-5)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arado_Ar_196

Source 4: (Use of 100kg bombs on Finnish models) https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Ar-196/Arado-Ar-196.html

Source 5: (Discussion on Finnish Arados, includes mention of 4 100kg bombs) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5DhToyhvc4&t=186s

Edited by Alexandros11
medal

• Senior Suggestion Moderator

As the Finnish Ar 196 A-5 has been implemented with Update 2.19 Drone Age,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. :salute: