F-4F, AIM-9L

N1thecaptain

6 hours ago, SrNowel59917 said:

Are you seriously comparing aim 9L with super 530f or r530e, that's hilarious, everything inst about the amounts of missiles the quality of them plays a mayor role... The fgr keeps having just aim9g and skyflashes, even with the nerfs the aim 9L keeps being superior to those, specially knowing how skyflashes aren't really that effective anyways.

Not to mention that there are plenty of planes with just 4 missiles at that tier,  again the ASA, the f1c, kfir, the mirage 2000(ground attack )...

Mhm yes, we will disregard a weapon because it does not suit my argument.

6 hours ago, SrNowel59917 said:

Even with the nerfs the r60M keeps being a much more inferior missile, much easier to avoid and keeps having 5° instead of the 4° after lunch that it should have which it would still be larger than the actual FoV of the aim9L, and as for the the flare resistance is the the same as the other all aspect missiles, in fact before was actually the hardest missile to flare even better than the actual magic 2 and...  how is the ASA that much better than a F4F the with aim 9L as you claim? 

Before =/= now. R-60M is far more manouverable than the "new" 9L will ever be and their flare resistance for all intents and purposes will be identical e.g one flare and gone. If you're so focused on staying in the past, make sure to use the same kind of arguments when anybody asks for buffs for Russia.

I did not claim ASA is strictly better than F-4F either so that's one strawman already and putting words into my mouth.

Edited by Holouu
medal medal

49 minutes ago, Adamok2 said:

Idk why this F-14A is 11.7... it could be ez 12.0 with mig-29 and F-16...

F-16 and Mig-29 only have two slots for radar guided missiles. So with the current mechanic I'd say F-14 is above these two.

This also fits to player fotm behaviour: Its not that rare that you take off in a team full of F-14, when you get merged with US players. F-16 seem to be mainly used in GFRB. For AirRB F-14 seems to be the primary choice. 

4 minutes ago, Holouu said:

Mhm yes, we will disregard a weapon because it does not suit my argument.

Before =/= now. R-60M is far more manouverable than the "new" 9L will ever be and their flare resistance for all intents and purposes will be identical e.g one flare and gone. If you're so focused on staying in the past, make sure to use the same kind of arguments when anybody asks for buffs for Russia.

9L seeker head circle is as huge as R-60 now...it sees simply to much and gets to easily spoofed by any heat source passing this circle. Then the tracking rate has been nerfed as well. R-60M is now on par I guess...or even better than 9L's.

Edited by Thodin
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Thodin said:

9L seeker head circle is as huge as R-60 now...it sees simply to much and gets to easily spoofed by any heat source passing this circle. Then the tracking rate has been nerfed as well. R-60M is now on par I guess...or even better than 9L's.

So the AIM-9L is borderline useless now...

Looks like Gaijin is finally preparing for German fighters to get their proper loadouts.:lol2:

Step 1: give the US good stuff

Step 2: give Germany vehicles that were equipped with that good stuff and deny them the weapon

Step 3: nerf the good stuff so it becomes useless

Step 4: give Germany the "good" stuff and add new better stuff for the US or Russia

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

47 minutes ago, _PanzerNinja_ said:

Imo AIM-9L is even better than it was purely because of bigger gimball limit.It allows to do some really crazy "maneuvers".

I rather prefers it eat less flare rather than just big as* circle 

Edited by ARK_BOI
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, ARK_BOI said:

I rather prefers it eat less flare rather than just big as* circle 

But maybe he has a point. Yesterday I fired a 'L in GFRB to shot down a Mig doing CAS stuff. Fired at longer range into the rear aspect of the enemy, he flared....the missile went towards the flare cluster. The Mig pulled to the left. But .... he only flared one time. As soon as the flares burned out, the missile's giantic seeker circle picked up the mig again and shot it down.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, Faster_Boiiiii said:

the 15° of aoa? damn

It can still momentally turn around or lead missiles which really helps in a dogfights agains F-16. Idk It's just my experience and still waiting ffor RB99.

11 hours ago, Thodin said:

But maybe he has a point. Yesterday I fired a 'L in GFRB to shot down a Mig doing CAS stuff. Fired at longer range into the rear aspect of the enemy, he flared....the missile went towards the flare cluster. The Mig pulled to the left. But .... he only flared one time. As soon as the flares burned out, the missile's giantic seeker circle picked up the mig again and shot it down.

Yeah that too, it kinda acts like R-60M but with better range and flare resistance

Just now, Thodin said:

Issue is, it frequently happens that you kill friendlies now....

Noticed that too. I remember before nerfs you could fire AIM-9L (when chasing enemy with your allies) and it would ignore other afterburning engines and go straight to the guy you locked. Good times..

8 minutes ago, Faster_Boiiiii said:

thats nothing lol, even the F-4F pulls more

Idk maybe it does but it doesn't have AIM-9L so I can't compare and Viggen just feels very nice to use these missiles.

On 17/02/2023 at 13:21, Adamok2 said:

Idk why this F-14A is 11.7... it could be ez 12.0 with mig-29 and F-16...

F-14A with its all-seeing radar and its overwhelming firepower from its huge supply of sparrows is simply the most meta plane in the game and it's a sick joke that it doesn't sit at 12.0

I love how Gaijin and its hypocrisy level 1000

No 4x aim-9L for F-4F at 11.0 because of "balance decision" , meanwhile F-4S at 11.0 on dev server 4 aim-9H and SIX sparrows xDDD - it's fine ( i know it's still dev server but BRUH):
pVyzHiv.png

• Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Adamok2 said:

No 4x aim-9L for F-4F at 11.0 because of "balance decision" , meanwhile F-4S at 11.0 on dev server 4 aim-9H and SIX sparrows xDDD - it's fine ( i know it's still dev server but BRUH):
pVyzHiv.png

wait for someone to scream at you that 6 sparrows are only possible without aim-9s

medal

1 hour ago, Adamok2 said:

pVyzHiv.png

That's no different to what the F-4J already has

Also it's 11.3 not 11.0

Edited by Flame2512
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Adamok2 said:

pVyzHiv.png

11.0 in AB and 11.3 in RB

1 hour ago, Adamok2 said:

pVyzHiv.png

11.3*

You have arcade selected if you see 11.0

• Like 1

Knowing Gaijin we will get F-4F ICE at 11.7 with 4 aim9Ls but without aim-120 bc of "balance decision" xd

I wonder why "balance decision" doesn't work on Ru/USA planes...

Also I can't wait for damn decompression, but no just increasing top BR by 0.3, but at least 2.0. for example, 8.7 like G.91 R3 has only cannons, no aams, no flares which can see su-25 with R-60 missiles, tons of flares and tons of loadout, A-4E has additional cannons, flares and aams, why it's still 8.7 then?

The other solution would be reducing MM to +/-  0.7 BR. Why Gaijin won't do a TEST like for ONE weekend reduce MM to +/- 0.7 BR and then check the results...

syndrome23 (Posted )

I removed your message before this one, do not attempt to circumvent profanity filter please
  • Upvote 5

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

The MiG-29s are currently still some of the top aircraft in the game as of present. 

The addition of Python 3 is not linked to the addition of R-73 and as we have previously said, the devs reserve the right to issue R-73 when its necessary for balance and ready for the game. 

Kfir C.7 is already at 11.3 and faces 11.7 and 12.0 regularly. Its performance with Python 3 will be monitored and any changes necessary will be made. 

The F-4F will not be receiving AIM-9L as previously mentioned. 

Still no Aim-9L...

14 hours ago, Dontkev@psn said:

Still no Aim-9L...

It's sad but... we've found out that Luftwaffe used AGM-65Ds and 65Gs! This means F-4F can actually get night ground attack capability (because it was also the only aircraft in Luftwaffe service to use Mavericks), @Smin1080p , are the devs aware Luftwaffe operated 65Ds and 65Gs on the F-4F?

Edited by Holouu
medal medal

13 minutes ago, Holouu said:

It's sad but... we've found out that Luftwaffe used AGM-65Ds and 65Gs! This means F-4F can actually get night ground attack capability (because it was also the only aircraft in Luftwaffe service to use Mavericks), @Smin1080p , are the devs aware Luftwaffe operated 65Ds and 65Gs on the F-4F?

WAIT WHAT?? That would be great

Still the 2x1 or the 2x3?