F-4F, AIM-9L

N1thecaptain

The F-4F is an absolute garbage right now and there is no excuse for it to stay like this. It's already terrible, and after the update drops it will become a straight up joke vehicle. Almost everything it faces is armed with all-aspect Fox-1, Fox-2 and Fox-3 missiles, even in a full downtier, while the poor Phantom is limited to 4 rear aspect AIM-9J's that are barely useful anyway because of the hard flare spam at this BR range. And obviously it's not a good dogfighter too, because it's a Phantom. Good luck killing that one flare spamming F-5C.

It should either get x4 AIM-9L's and stay at 11.0*, or, if Gaijin is against historical accuracy so much, move it to 10.3 or something, since it's pretty much a MiG-21MF equivalent. 

*All MiG-21Bis are getting x6 R-60M's at 11.0. MiG-23M and Su-17M4 currently have x6 R-60M at 11.0. 

• Confused 1
medal medal

Those of you trying to use stats to make your argument don't see the whole picture. Gaijin doesn't give a damn about a jets K/D or winrate when it comes to "efficiency". They care about it's ability to earn match score and more importantly it's economic income. The F-4F has a high combat efficiency according to them because it acts as a great bomb truck, which gets you guaranteed income. Combine that with the lack of sparrows means you will beat out any F-4Es to bases since they will be heavier. If you are trying to correct the lack of AIM-9Ls by affecting it's stats, you will have to bite the bullet and not go mud-moving either.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, warthogboy09 said:

Those of you trying to use stats to make your argument don't see the whole picture. Gaijin doesn't give a damn about a jets K/D or winrate when it comes to "efficiency". They care about it's ability to earn match score and more importantly it's economic income. The F-4F has a high combat efficiency according to them because it acts as a great bomb truck, which gets you guaranteed income. Combine that with the lack of sparrows means you will beat out any F-4Es to bases since they will be heavier. If you are trying to correct the lack of AIM-9Ls by affecting it's stats, you will have to bite the bullet and not go mud-moving either.

Which is why I completely stopped bombing when playing it. Pure Sidewinder loadout for air-air combat. I think my 0.31 K/D shows the success of this pretty well (although admittetly I havent spaded this brick yet)

medal

29 minutes ago, warthogboy09 said:

No it is the first two. The second two have nothing to do with and only affected repair cost back in the day. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

36 minutes ago, warthogboy09 said:

Oh because of using too much bomb then there also question that gaijin don’t understand (and never will) what else F4F can do apart from bomb the base

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, ARK_BOI said:

Oh because of using too much bomb then there also question that gaijin don’t understand (and never will) what else F4F can do apart from bomb the base

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, BagelIsMyWaifu said:

Which is why I completely stopped bombing when playing it. Pure Sidewinder loadout for air-air combat. I think my 0.31 K/D shows the success of this pretty well (although admittetly I havent spaded this brick yet)

I'd also wait until after the patch drops to do it. If they have even a tiny amount of sense they're only using stats collected since the last patch for BR changes/deciding if missiles need adding.

On 11/07/2022 at 02:53, spacenavy90 said:

In time, just be patient.

Half a year has passed, the Mig-29 and F-16 are coming. The Aim-9L is nowhere to be seen.

On a sidenote: did anybody know that the only Phantoms that received the AMRAAM IRL were the hellenic F-4E and the F-4F ICE?

I bet Gaijin will "miss" that and just give it to all F-4Es in game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, PointyPuffin said:

Half a year has passed, the Mig-29 and F-16 are coming. The Aim-9L is nowhere to be seen.

On a sidenote: did anybody know that the only Phantoms that received the AMRAAM IRL were the hellenic F-4E and the F-4F ICE?

I bet Gaijin will "miss" that and just give it to all F-4Es in game.

While I agree, there is no reason the F-4F should not have its AIM-9L loadout now and be moved up a few BRs.

But yes, we are aware of the AMRAAM equipped Phantoms:

medal medal medal

58 minutes ago, Dontkev@psn said:

After the new Patch droppes: should i play the Mig-21Bis SAU at 11.0 with 6x R-60MK or the F-4F at 11.0 with 4x Aim-9J?

MiG if you wanna keep your sanity. F-4F if you want to prove Gaijin that balancing via stats alone is an extremly dumb idea.

medal medal

12 minutes ago, Thype_2604@psn said:

Gaijin maybe hates germany :D

They hate everyone that not China and Russia 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Lord_Prism said:

According to inside statistics that Gaijin will not share, the F-4F is apparently at the upper end of efficiency :kappasnail:  

Whenever theres a fighter that sucks at being a fighter but Gaijin says it has good stats it means people are using it as a bombtruck. And since bombers get screwed on BR and repair costs that makes it an even worse fighter.

12 minutes ago, Faster_Boiiiii said:

i have a feeling that gaijin is going to pull a sweden on Germany and add the F-4F ice just for 9Ls. and like not even upgrade the radar or anything else, just to add 9Ls.

I was just talking about this on Discord actually and I think it will also happen. F-4F ICE will likely get added next year (with or without AMRAAMs) but have AIM-9L at least.

Not too long after it will be the first along with the JA37D to get AMRAAMs in the game.

medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, spacenavy90 said:

I was just talking about this on Discord actually and I think it will also happen. F-4F ICE will likely get added next year (with or without AMRAAMs) but have AIM-9L at least.

Not too long after it will be the first along with the JA37D to get AMRAAMs in the game.

it would be a logical decision to introduce amraams on these platforms but, given that gaijin wanted to introduce the r-73 on the mig 29, i have my doubts that gaijin is going to do that

medal

Just now, Faster_Boiiiii said:

it would be a logical decision to introduce amraams on these platforms but, given that gaijin wanted to introduce the r-73 on the mig 29, i have my doubts that gaijin is going to do that

I'm not saying this is going to happen this patch, this will happen sometime later next year. And the R-73 will show up before or maybe even at the same time in its "true/bufffed" configuration. The Su-27 Flanker is coming for sure soon and it was only capable of firing the R-73, not the R-60M.

medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, spacenavy90 said:

I'm not saying this is going to happen this patch, this will happen sometime later next year. And the R-73 will show up before or maybe even at the same time in its "true/bufffed" configuration. The Su-27 Flanker is coming for sure soon and it was only capable of firing the R-73, not the R-60M.

the addition of these missiles in general is not the problem. the problem is the aircraft you introduce them on. which is why it should be obvious that insane airframe + insane missile = bad

so i really hope that gaijin understands that good missile + meh airframe = a lot better

medal