war thunder vr not launching because of easy anti cheat

Bloodstein90458

i'm using a valve index.

i open steamvr and then try to open war thunder but it gets stuck in that small splash screen after the easy anti cheat blue bar completed, it doesnt launch into vr and the war thunder process stops responding as in the picture.

if i run it in 2d it launches flawlessly to the game with eac on.

if i open the launcher and play without eac it launches into vr and i can play but can't play some modes so the problem is somewhere with the eac not liking vr somehow.

i have tried going into the game folder and run eac setup as admin as some other post had sugested but the problem continues.

i also tried with the "work in progress" client option ticked but every time it stops at the same place.

does any one know how to solve this?

• 1 month later...

I found a solution. Go to your install location and launch eac_wt_mlauncher.exe as admin

Edited by kan4454

• 1 month later...
On 07/12/2022 at 15:20, SB2EZ said:

I found a solution. Go to your install location and launch eac_wt_mlauncher.exe as admin

does not seem to work for me. WMR kicks in, but my game refuses to load in and stays in a blackscreen. the thing that confuses me the most is this morning for me it working fine, i was flying around in SIM in VR with 0 trouble, and now it refuses to launch 5 hours later. i restarted my PC, reinstalled mixed reality, repaired EAC, verified integrity of game files on steam, nothing seems to work

medal medal medal medal medal

Okay so I figured out that launching through the steam version as admin is still broken. In order to play in vr with eac you must launch eac_wt_mlauncher.exe as admin from the non steam War Thunder launcher. Make sure to open the non steam launcher first and enable VR and EAC before running as admin.

I can show you if you need help Sbeamer#7796 is my discord just message me.