How to ban random from World War

I run a full, active squadron. We want to ban random players, I'm running with 30+ members and have lost the last 2 world wars because random players come in, fail to play the objective, take our best vehicles and die.

We want the option to fight at reduced strength rather than have our games destroyed by people team killing us and destroying our experience.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

If You Truly Have A Full Active Squad I Highly Doubt You've Used All Your Numbers. 

You Have 10 Minutes At The Start Of An Operation To Flood Into A Operation With 60 Of Your Clan Members Completely Closing Off Random Player Slots

Do You Even:
1. Communicate With Your Squad Members, Announce Whenever You Run An Operation, Have Active Comms Running During An Op?
2. Is The Map At All Times Under Control? Battles Is Only 50% Of An Operation, If You Won Every Single Battle, Without A Map Commander, You'd Still Lose.
2. If You've Truly "Lost" 2 World Wars, What Position Are You Talking? Top 50, Top 100, Top 1000?
3. Instead Of Working Against Random's, Try To Atleast Communicate, You Can't Expect Every Single Random Player To Be Another Level 100, They're Usually New-ish Players Simply Trying A New Gamemode While Everyone Else Is Getting High On Top Tier Random RB. Just By Using Chat And Commanding Team (In A Civil Way) Can Get You A Couple More Members To Work Towards Objective And Not Waste Spawns. This Again Should Be Null & Void If You Actually Have A Full Squad As You Mention.

4. What Nation Did You Select For This Season Mainly? Assuming From Experience, USA?

For Reference, I With ACASS, Run With Like 5 - 10 People During This Test Season,
- We See And Get Annoyed With Random's, But We Call Out What Has To Happen In Battles, Give Them A Quick TL;DR What We Expect From Them, And Get Out Of 10 Random's, Like 70% Listening And Doing What We Told Them To Do.
- I Consider Myself A Novice / Good Map Commander, I Only Ever 24/7 The Map, Look For Opening, Use Artillery To Full Potential, Save Cuts On Air Wings Making Sure I'm Always Up More Than The Enemy And My Squadron Wouldn't Be Able To Do It Without Me, Nor Can I Do It Without Them, Regardless Of How Few I Have, I Can Adapt Situation Considering I Know How Battles Are Running Due To Members Reporting Their Progress.

- For Nordwind We Currently Have 5 Ops - 4 Wins | For Last Session Of El Alamein, 44 Ops - 40 Wins | And This With At Most 10 Members On The Ground
- For Season 3 "Road To West" We Got Top 20 With Roughly 10 - 15 Players At The Same Time Playing With A Total Of 40 Members Having Joined

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

You need to start talking with other squadrons to team up, get them to contribute a group of 10 to your op, or contribute one to theirs. Now that the battlegroup thing works this mode is going to be all about who has the bigger battalions. Single squadrons are increasingly not gonna cut it the more this mode goes on, even the full ones. Take a note of the good solo players, friend them so you can invite them back to another operation.

If you just want to play with your friends you can always split into two groups and run a custom battle. That's not what this is about.

Edited by Bruce_R1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Or no. Just ban them the randoms

You misunderstand me. We stretch every continent. I mean 30+ doing world war across every hour of the day. Not for one session.

Squadrons get ranked by this. And the performance of random influences that

Edited by Phreek
medal medal medal

Or no. Just ban the randoms

You misunderstand me. We stretch every continent. I mean 30+ doing world war across every hour of the day. Not for one session.

I've spent 6hrs a day for 13 months getting my squadron here, expending gold numbers you wouldn't believe helping my members.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to rank the squadron (as world war is ranked) without the input of people who won't follow basic objectives.

The World war study I and my admins have done to prepare us is completely undermined by people who have nothing to lose by being team killers and spawn wasters.

I detest our rank being effected by randoms. We have 2 squadrons in alliance and that's irrelevant since we have our own VC and combat comms, while they want to participate In their own events.

Furthermore it's my 70k per game to launch these games. It's not free, but it is for the randoms.

All your advice is rubbish. I've been playing since 2013. I have copy pasta messages for the teams of randoms that don't listen.

The fields of battle are controlled by 3 people.

Check my stats, you have my name if you want to see my ranking. 

We have alliances with multiple squadrons.

Solo players who are good? I've recruited them when I've met them, the only ones I fly with now have their own squadrons.

This was exactly the same issue with the last World war. And it will be the issue with the next one. I'm not stupid, Gaijin can see the numbers of squadrons participating in World war steadily dropping over these events and not being able to run squadrons solo is half the reason. It doesn't take a genius to see this, just a que in WW.

Edited by Phreek
medal medal medal

Oh I get you. It just shows to me that WWM in its current form is too big for any one squadron as it stands right now. It may speak to the need for larger squadron sizes in fact, if the expectation is these become the focus of inter-squadron competition (or inter-squadron alliances that would compete with each other instead, clans of clans). Also very aggressive relegation/promotion/laddering so that the big successful squadrons aren't beating up on randoms who just want to try it out.

In their defense, I think the devs thought of this more as 128 people being able to fill all the 80 available spots for one WWM play session a day or so, by packing every last person in they could, as their model for how this would work. Not squadrons trying to run competitive teams 24/7.

15 minutes ago, Phreek said:

I've spent 6hrs a day for 13 months getting my squadron here, expending gold numbers you wouldn't believe helping my members.

All your advice is rubbish. I've been playing since 2013. I have copy pasta messages for the teams of randoms that don't listen.

5138  Battles.... I smell compensation in the text and doubt in the validity since your badges dont align with the 2013 comment either.

Although, great job telegraphing to the community the level of toxic you are

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Batwingsix said:

5138  Battles.... I smell compensation in the text and doubt in the validity since your badges dont align with the 2013 comment either.

My card got reset. 

Doubt you believe me, check British 1939-1945 medal I have. 10000 kills, yet I have 2400.

Check rank for arcade. I went from 25k in arcade to 9.7k in 2 days.

I'm not telegraphing any toxic behaviour because I want my squadron measured by their merits, not randoms. Randoms can make their own squadrons instead of riding my wallet

medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Batwingsix said:

You pretty much have to be a bit "toxic" to be winning operations in WWM, as it stands, to be fair. It is a lot of effort you have to put in just for bragging rights over others. That implies bragging over others is why you play at all in the first place.

17 minutes ago, Bruce_R1 said:

Oh I get you. It just shows to me that WWM in its current form is too big for any one squadron as it stands right now. It may speak to the need for larger squadron sizes in fact, if the expectation is these become the focus of inter-squadron competition (or inter-squadron alliances that would compete with each other instead, clans of clans). Also very aggressive relegation/promotion/laddering so that the big successful squadrons aren't beating up on randoms who just want to try it out.

In their defense, I think the devs thought of this more as 128 people being able to fill all the 80 available spots for one WWM play session a day or so, by packing every last person in they could, as their model for how this would work. Not squadrons trying to run competitive teams 24/7.

I think squadrons need to be larger too, as our discord is over 215 members

17 minutes ago, Bruce_R1 said:

I think squadrons need to be larger too, as our discord is over 215 members

medal medal medal

Just gonna say this as advice, take it for what it's worth, and please don't take it the wrong way, I have no beef with you guys at all, but...

The commander laddering basically favours teams that play both sides operationally. You and I both have 17 operations to our names so far since they restarted this in November. My win rate is a little higher, and some of that is also the CLAS/CLAS2/CLANS individual battle skills saving my ****, yes, but the reason I'm still in the top 50 of commanders at all is because we mix it up on the sides we played between Allies and Axis, and the scoring mechanism for commanders and squadrons heavily favours that right now

Maybe you're doing that too, already, I haven't looked too closely. Just saying if other people wanted to place higher in the rankings that's something else they can try here.

Last time, when the 10-person squad thing didn't work, and randos could join in the first 10 minutes, max participation squadrons and squadron alliances really didn't have a lot of advantages over mid-sized squadrons filled out with randos, so commander battlefield skill played a more significant role in Alamein. That's changed now, now it's more of an organizational and logistical challenge for squadron leaderships to succeed at, as a couple 10-squads on comms will turn any battle around against randos, as devGordeev admitted just the other day. I'm just saying we all need to adjust and start thinking of smaller numbers of bigger teams. If the number of participating squadrons is falling (I don't know that's true, but I don't know that it isn't), that's only to be expected with these rule changes as the people really interested in this mode consolidate into a smaller number of bigger groups. But I don't think closing off the mode to "private parties," as fun as that might be sometimes, is what Gaijin wants to do here so I don't think you'll get what you're asking for.

The only way it would be "fair" for a battle of "all one squad filling a side" for global leaderboard purposes is if the other side was also closed off/single squad (and had exactly the same number of players as you, really)... I just don't see that as something they'd burn their server resources on when custom battles exist.

Edited by Bruce_R1

• Developer

30 players can only take 1.5 battles in an operation, while the maximum number of battles can go up to 4. So in order to fill all the battles with players from your squadron, you must have 80 of your players in the operation.
It's likely that in the future we can add a setting that closes the entrance to the operation for your squadron for random players, but because you infringe them with this - you must be infringed with something in return. This means, for example, that you will have to completely rely only on your own forces, but at the same time the enemy can bring as many players into the operation as he can. And the game will not balance the difference in the number of players here.