Switching nation for the swiss Hunter F.58

Command_oCommand

4 minutes ago, Ruskie_Turtles said:

The mig23 bn is hot garbage because it doesn't get countermeasures and extremely mid ground attack options. Hence why I said capability gap.

It has its moments in Ground RB with 6 FAB-500 bomb + CCIP. It climbs very fast out of the radar detection zone, so you can fly above the battlefield unharmed and from there you prey down doing some 500kg bombing on tanks.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, Command_oCommand said:

It's a MiG-23 at 9,7 and has access to a very generous payload aswell as access to Kh-23M AGMs. It seems fairly good to me.

No one plays it for a reason. Even in ground rb, you're at the same br as r60ms with no countermeasures. Damn, 2 kh23s at the same br as the su 25 and .3 br lower than the a10 with aim9l, and up to 6 mavericks. Make whatever argument you want about how the hunter should have been in the UK tree, but you'll have a hell of a time convincing anyone that the mig23bn is worthwhile, let alone good.

13 minutes ago, Thodin said:

It has its moments in Ground RB with 6 FAB-500 bomb + CCIP. It climbs very fast out of the radar detection zone, so you can fly above the battlefield unharmed and from there you prey down doing some 500kg bombing on tanks.

Any plane can do cas well when you don't have anything trying to kill you.

medal medal medal

Just now, Ruskie_Turtles said:

No one plays it for a reason. Even in ground rb, you're at the same br as r60ms with no countermeasures. Damn, 2 kh23s at the same br as the su 25 and .3 br lower than the a10 with aim9l, and up to 6 mavericks. Make whatever argument you want about how the hunter should have been in the UK tree, but you'll have a hell of a time convincing anyone that the mig23bn is worthwhile, let alone good.

Maybe air is not where it shines the most but you can still run away from people at this BR. A more conservative playstyle is needed I'll give you that tho.

The MiG-23BN is still a good pick for GRB for CAS. As Thodin said you can fly high really quickly and bomb/launch AGMs on ground units.

medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Command_oCommand said:

Maybe air is not where it shines the most but you can still run away from people at this BR. A more conservative playstyle is needed I'll give you that tho.

The MiG-23BN is still a good pick for GRB for CAS. As Thodin said you can fly high really quickly and bomb/launch AGMs on ground units.

The only way to do well in the mig23bn is if no one tries to kill you. As soon as someone wants you dead, there is little to nothing you can do. If a single strela is on the enemy team, you won't even get close enough to drop a bomb or fire a missile. The manpads are pretty much the same but you can sometimes out maneuver them due to the 10g limit. If they ever fix the manpads, even that won't work. If more people played the mig23bn, it would go down in br the same way the mig19 and f104s did. For the same reason too, no countermeasures.

Edited by Ruskie_Turtles
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, Command_oCommand said:

It's a MiG-23 at 9,7 and has access to a very generous payload aswell as access to Kh-23M AGMs. It seems fairly good to me.

you probably didn't understand the part about being practically insanely hard to bring this thing to 10.3 matches, the BN is a good plane in its respective tier,but if you pull this thing for 10.3 or anything like that it's practically suicide

because you have virtually nothing to do and not having anything with advanced guidance outside the reach of this SPAAs of this BR range of 10.3 and easy prey for planes

and even if you're uptiered even more in a 10.3 lineup to 10.7,or even 11.0 matches,as you have only Kh 23Ms and CCIP,no air to air missiles,no dedicated optics which is quite common there and mainly,no countermeasures and the only thing you'll have for defense is the RWR and

it's practically suicidial against other planes of that level too,poof

and i don't even remember right if this thing only has a 4- point RWR one like the MiG 21s does

then the swiss hunter enters,fill these gaps perfectly and an attacker for german 10.3 lineup as a lot of nations have,with mavericks, countermeasures,a good RWR,AIM 9Ps and a decent airframe too for CAS and even defend itself against SPAAs and planes

23BN it's an amazing plane ONLY in 9.7,considerably above that it's literally asking to die 

Edited by FluffyBoiOwO@psn
medal medal

2 minutes ago, Ruskie_Turtles said:

The only way to do well in the mig23bn is if no one tries to kill you. As soon as someone wants you dead, there is little to nothing you can do. If a single strela is on the enemy team, you won't even get close enough to drop a bomb or fire a missile. The manpads are pretty much the same but you can sometimes out maneuver them due to the 10g limit. If they ever fix the manpads, even that won't work. If more people played the mig23bn, it would go down in br the same way the mig19 and f104s did. For the same reason too, no countermeasures.

But, the Strela is a MANPAD lol

Plus, if people can play well the Milan, I have no worries people can play well the MiG-23BN

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

It's Gaijin's inconsistency in their approach that gets people irked. Following their quoted reasoning for putting the Canadian Leopard in the German tree the Swiss Hunter should have been placed in the British tree. Similarly, so should've the Class 3 (P) and the Aussie Abrams, amongst a few others that have been mention in earlier posts. However, once on the live servers Gaijin is extremely unlikely to roll things back. One thing that Gaijin can do that would smooth some ruffled feathers, whilst leaving the Swiss Hunter where it's been placed, is add the Singaporean FGA 74 Hunter to the British tree. It's very similar to the Swiss version in capability having being upgraded to carry sidewinders and Mavericks. That's largely only going to be a copy and paste exercise for Gaijin and will leave all but the French more or less happy. 

Why the Swiss Hunter is at Br 9.3 is a whole other argument and I'd be very interested to hear the justification for it being so low compared to other apparently inferior aircraft.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Command_oCommand said:

But, the Strela is a MANPAD lol

Plus, if people can play well the Milan, I have no worries people can play well the MiG-23BN

the su 7 bkl is also 9.7 while being arguably worse than the mig 23BN 

Edited by SrNowel59917

36 minutes ago, Stoic10 said:

It's Gaijin's inconsistency in their approach that gets people irked. Following their quoted reasoning for putting the Canadian Leopard in the German tree the Swiss Hunter should have been placed in the British tree. Similarly, so should've the Class 3 (P) and the Aussie Abrams, amongst a few others that have been mention in earlier posts. However, once on the live servers Gaijin is extremely unlikely to roll things back. One thing that Gaijin can do that would smooth some ruffled feathers, whilst leaving the Swiss Hunter where it's been placed, is add the Singaporean FGA 74 Hunter to the British tree. It's very similar to the Swiss version in capability having being upgraded to carry sidewinders and Mavericks. That's largely only going to be a copy and paste exercise for Gaijin and will leave all but the French more or less happy. 

Why the Swiss Hunter is at Br 9.3 is a whole other argument and I'd be very interested to hear the justification for it being so low compared to other apparently inferior aircraft.

No. This way GB would collect units from all over the past commonwealth with top tier stuff from every country. 

7 hours ago, dotEXCEL said:

just saying, the VT-1 was changed by gaijin to stop the complaining about the pantsir
the changes are completly unhistorical and were made imo too as a ''cover-up''
this should be bug-reported.

grafik.png

about the VT-1
https://www.thalesgroup.com/sites/default/files/database/d7/asset/document/VT1_brochure.pdf

It really depends on how you interpret the document. In the first place you could argue that it doesn't say "up to 35G", so in the initial phase of the launch the VT-1 could have more than 35G of maneuverability, and in second place, since Gaijin said the missile was switched to a more realistic flight model, you could argue that they interpreted the 35G figure as "35G per plane", thus the current figure represents the maximum overload on two plane.

This is severely offtopic though.

Edited by SXTREME
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Command_oCommand said:

then fly it out. see how it goes...

Edited by dotEXCEL
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

37 minutes ago, SXTREME said:

It really depends on how you interpret the document. In the first place you could argue that it doesn't say "up to 35G", so in the initial phase of the launch the VT-1 could have more than 35G of maneuverability, and in second place, since Gaijin said the missile was switched to a more realistic flight model, you could argue that they interpreted the 35G figure as "35G per plane", thus the current figure represents the maximum overload on two plane.

This is severely offtopic though.

they apperently fixed it in the meantime (at least the range)
G overload is still... well

grafik.png

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, dotEXCEL said:

they apperently fixed it in the meantime (at least the range)
G overload is still... well

grafik.png

I forgot about this change. I put the Ito 90 in a test drive and maybe the missile reaches 50Gs at some point but the missile is much less responsive now compared to before the patch. I'd say I feel less comfortable in the missile's movements

8 minutes ago, Command_oCommand said:

I do play the Milan which I consider a close relative to it.

It's fine, I do well in it

>gets told to fly 23BN
>says he flies Milan

ok mate, whatever

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thodin said:

No. This way GB would collect units from all over the past commonwealth with top tier stuff from every country. 

the commonwealth still exists, also why not give the British the Hunter then, considering they built it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fa11enPhoenix said:

9.3... are they kidding?

RWR, flares, Aim-9P, Mavericks, multiple bomb/rocket options....

Hunter F.1... 9.0

Features... none of the above.

The fact its such a low br is just insult to injury, if it was in the brit tech tree we all know it would be atleast br 10.0 XD

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Game Master
6 minutes ago, IngegnerMacchi said:

this is hilarious, literally britain, france and even italy have more right to get that hunter than germany lol... this thing is xxxx ridiculous

Why Italy?

*glimpses at profile info*

Ah yes, I see...

Want another (not completely to be taken serious) argument for adding it to Germany?

8 out of the 9 bases from which the remaining Hunter Squadrons operated regularly, were in the German speaking part of Switzerland, only one (Ambri, home of FlSt 3) in the Italian speaking part...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2