Hungary's 44M Tas heavy tank  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the 44M Tas to be added to War Thunder?

2. 2. How would you like the 44M Tas to be added to War Thunder?

• As a researchable tank (It would always be available for free)
    • As a GE premium tank (It would always be available, likely for 1750-2980 GE)
    • As an event premium tank (It would only be available for a limited time, but be freely obtainable)
    • As a battle pass tank (It would only be available for a limited time, and would likely be the second or third reward)
    • I don't want it to be added to War Thunder
  3. 3. What tech tree should the 44M Tas be put into?

• A Hungarian sub tree for Italy
    • A Hungarian sub tree for another nation
    • An independent Hungarian tech tree
    • A mixed/alliance tech tree (such as V4, Minor Axis or Warsaw Pact)
    • I don't want the 44M Tas to be added to War Thunder

• Suggestion Moderator
4 hours ago, Victory_799@psn said:

Ok, so the War Thunder penetration values are pretty accurate and life-like?

As far as can be calculated mathematically  assuming ideal conditions  for the shell yes

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys I found some blueprints and other stuff regarding the Tas which could be helpful. Sorry for the bad images, the site got deleted and I can not find any better pictures.

1597418_70480_44M_Tas_orig__szivozsalu1.

Taseroatvitelirajza1-300x212.jpg

The Tas heavy tanks transmission

Tas-szerelesi-naplo-300x212.jpg

Korbuly Páls note book.

iranyvaltoessebessegkapcsolo-300x212.jpg

Gear reverser and gear shift

kormanytengeylkapcsolo-300x212.jpg

steering and clutch

Lancfeszito-kerek-es-lancfeszito-szerkez

Idler wheel of the Tas

Sebessegvaltohaz-300x212.jpg

Tas gear box

Sebessegvalto-kezi-emelokarja-300x212.jp

A-Tas-harckocsi-futomu-osszeallitasi-raj

The blueprint of the running gear of the Tas

A-Tas-motorok-elhelyezese-a-motorok-homl

The motors position/location, view from the crew compartment.

Some computer generated stuff:

A-Tas-harckocsi-negyfokozatu-bolygomuves

Tas heavy tanks gear box.

Eroatvitelirndszszamitogepesrajz-300x216

Tas heavy tanks transmission made on a computer.

Hordmu-egysege-300x213.jpg

Tasfelidezettszamitogepeskepe-300x213.jp

Tas-szamitogepes-rajza.jpg

Kocsiszekreny-hordmuve-300x187.jpg

Tas heavy tank

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 6
medal

On 03/04/2023 at 18:13, atta26hu said:

Hello guys I found some blueprints and other stuff regarding the Tas which could be helpful. Sorry for the bad images, the site got deleted and I can not find any better pictures.

1597418_70480_44M_Tas_orig__szivozsalu1.

Taseroatvitelirajza1-300x212.jpg

The Tas heavy tanks transmission

Tas-szerelesi-naplo-300x212.jpg

Korbuly Páls note book.

iranyvaltoessebessegkapcsolo-300x212.jpg

Gear reverser and gear shift

kormanytengeylkapcsolo-300x212.jpg

steering and clutch

Lancfeszito-kerek-es-lancfeszito-szerkez

Idler wheel of the Tas

Sebessegvaltohaz-300x212.jpg

Tas gear box

Sebessegvalto-kezi-emelokarja-300x212.jp

A-Tas-harckocsi-futomu-osszeallitasi-raj

The blueprint of the running gear of the Tas

A-Tas-motorok-elhelyezese-a-motorok-homl

The motors position/location, view from the crew compartment.

Some computer generated stuff:

A-Tas-harckocsi-negyfokozatu-bolygomuves

Tas heavy tanks gear box.

Eroatvitelirndszszamitogepesrajz-300x216

Tas heavy tanks transmission made on a computer.

Hordmu-egysege-300x213.jpg

Tasfelidezettszamitogepeskepe-300x213.jp

Tas-szamitogepes-rajza.jpg

Kocsiszekreny-hordmuve-300x187.jpg

Tas heavy tank

Wow, that's impressive, where do you find original drawings and such detailed diagrams from?

Also, do you mind if I edit my post and put some of these images in there?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Victory_799@psn said:

Wow, that's impressive, where do you find original drawings and such detailed diagrams from?

Also, do you mind if I edit my post and put some of these images in there?

Hi, I first found some blueprints at a Makettinfo forum, the guy said that it was from a website called pancelvadasz.hu which got deleted. So I went to the internet archive and searched for the website, luckily I found the pictures and a really informative text about the Tas. The problem is that the pictures are bad quality but maybe someone at Makettinfo downloaded the pictures  in a better quality.

Yes of course you can put these, thats why I posted them here :) , just maybe mention me that I found them. I am glad that I found them and that I could help.

• Like 2
medal

This thing would be great for italy actually both since i think the 80mm "variant" should be also considered since the cannon was already modified for Tas it just needed a bit of adjusting before serial production. Also one thing that tricks me is, since it was overall better armoured than panther and had similar dimensions how could it be so much lighter? I mean ~6-7 tons is quite a lot. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, cervotoc123 said:

This thing would be great for italy actually both since i think the 80mm "variant" should be also considered since the cannon was already modified for Tas it just needed a bit of adjusting before serial production. Also one thing that tricks me is, since it was overall better armoured than panther and had similar dimensions how could it be so much lighter? I mean ~6-7 tons is quite a lot. 

It is smaller than the Panther so thats why, but its bigger than the T-34 variants.

Look at the VK 3002 (M) tank, its the same size as the Panther but its got weaker armour. Its ~35 tons just by weaker armour, the Tas on the other hand is smaller than the Panther but has more armour than the Panther and because of the size its weight is gonna be smaller. And probably the engine, transmission and other equipment regarding the Tas is lighter than the Panther. So this is why.

Yes, I was too, confused to how can it be that much lighter, but later I realised it.

Edited by atta26hu
  • Thanks 2
medal

16 hours ago, atta26hu said:

It is smaller than the Panther so thats why, but its bigger than the T-34 variants.

Look at the VK 3002 (M) tank, its the same size as the Panther but its got weaker armour. Its ~35 tons just by weaker armour, the Tas on the other hand is smaller than the Panther but has more armour than the Panther and because of the size its weight is gonna be smaller. And probably the engine, transmission and other equipment regarding the Tas is lighter than the Panther. So this is why.

Yes, I was too, confused to how can it be that much lighter, but later I realised it.

ok that makes sense i just wasn't sure if it's correct or not thanks

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that remains from the Tas heavy tank, the gunners optics, the optic is in the hands of the Hadtörténeti Intézet és Múzeum (Military History Museum) which can be found in Budapest.

The optic:

1597762_38371_Tas.png

1597762_38381_Tas_1.png

It was made by Magyar Optikai Művek. It even writes 8cm, meaning its for the 80mm gun. The optic shares a lot of similarities with the 40.M Turáns and with the 43.M Zrínyi IIs optic but its still different.

The field of view is 40o.

Where I found it: https://www.makettinfo.hu/index.php?jobb=hirek.php&rnd=833141019&hash=

Edited by atta26hu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
medal

5 hours ago, Chomusuke1 said:

KPqHHyH.gif What does the reticle look like?

Sorry but for that I dont have any photos and i dont know how it would look like, maybe similar to the Zrínyis or the Turáns reticle. I am not sure.

Heres the Zrínyis and the Turáns reticle

Zrínyi II

105mm.JPG

40.M Turán

40mm.JPG

Edited by atta26hu
medal

17 minutes ago, Chomusuke1 said:

KPqHHyH.gif

Do you have the rest of this document or where I can get it?

Of course, here you go.

Its in hungarian, so if you dont know it than you can translate the web site.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/252288-magyar-harckocsik-a-ii-világháborúban/

Its really informative and has a lot of details regarding hungarian vehicles.

medal

On 22/04/2023 at 10:03, Chomusuke1 said:

KPqHHyH.gif What does the reticle look like?

The reticle looks like this:

May be an image of telescope and binoculars

Source: https://www.facebook.com/hadtorteneti.muzeum/posts/pfbid024114nqgUHHXZUaX3A7yCvgZw8cUSerkS8CGnNneuZ8oCcqYjMMEvcZfKJuW7sx11l?__cft__[0]=AZUoJQJecDX_4bIiPnq6zy39x-5frNUsNybyAg3G0FH9L5Ek3NdoisCdzBTfuKahnxM6B45GJH9iWuUdyM761pRhfNI97xJYCOrLvq3Gvn-v_28o9TJ9CNAa4m_VLEJdS2_WadqDDaXWszZ3EMK4d8uWM6f0HSfStqlq4wygppAIDC46PAIDGd7d1DNCOHFEzFaR4nx1kC25m_K6__pJLARE&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

On 22/04/2023 at 09:09, atta26hu said:

The only thing that remains from the Tas heavy tank, the gunners optics, the optic is in the hands of the Hadtörténeti Intézet és Múzeum (Military History Museum) which can be found in Budapest.

The optic:

1597762_38371_Tas.png

1597762_38381_Tas_1.png

It was made by Magyar Optikai Művek. It even writes 8cm, meaning its for the 80mm gun. The optic shares a lot of similarities with the 40.M Turáns and with the 43.M Zrínyi IIs optic but its still different.

The field of view is 40o.

Where I found it: https://www.makettinfo.hu/index.php?jobb=hirek.php&rnd=833141019&hash=

Thanks for this, again finding really good images! I looked around for it and it's from here: https://www.facebook.com/hadtorteneti.muzeum/posts/pfbid024114nqgUHHXZUaX3A7yCvgZw8cUSerkS8CGnNneuZ8oCcqYjMMEvcZfKJuW7sx11l?__cft__[0]=AZUoJQJecDX_4bIiPnq6zy39x-5frNUsNybyAg3G0FH9L5Ek3NdoisCdzBTfuKahnxM6B45GJH9iWuUdyM761pRhfNI97xJYCOrLvq3Gvn-v_28o9TJ9CNAa4m_VLEJdS2_WadqDDaXWszZ3EMK4d8uWM6f0HSfStqlq4wygppAIDC46PAIDGd7d1DNCOHFEzFaR4nx1kC25m_K6__pJLARE&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

On 22/04/2023 at 15:56, atta26hu said:

Sorry but for that I dont have any photos and i dont know how it would look like, maybe similar to the Zrínyis or the Turáns reticle. I am not sure.

Heres the Zrínyis and the Turáns reticle

Zrínyi II

105mm.JPG

40.M Turán

40mm.JPG

When you compare these to the image I provided above, you can see that your guess was pretty accurate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Nice tank to game. I like to play panther's, and I don't think this is very much different.

I want this. This is have more pen i guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1