Stop Unfoldering Vehicles

Papasteak

• Senior Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, CatHunting said:

This is not my vid but he supports what imm saying.

Totally not, i think you didn't watched the video. He is "making fun" of players that are complaining about unfolding vehicles. Not supporting them.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BlueBeta said:

Totally not, i think you didn't watched the video. He is "making fun" of players that are complaining about unfolding vehicles. Not supporting them.

Wich is a shame given that the reason stated for unfoldering is hot air and if the devs want to help new players there are better ways in doing so but that would cost more time and effort. 

medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, D_DroiD said:

Wich is a shame given that the reason stated for unfoldering is hot air and if the devs want to help new players there are better ways in doing so but that would cost more time and effort. 

Unfolding is good. They reduced to cost to research and buy so that's not an issue. More tanks being unlocked means more being played making the mm better, lineups better and the general game experience better for everyone at those ideas.  Having more vehicles to play in your li eup now you have unlocked it actually reduces the rp needed to grind due to the bonus rp rewards

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Jarms said:

It’s the premise and the idea that this can lead to more vehicles being unfolded in future.

complaining about something that hasnt happened even though low tiers have been unfolded like this before....

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

complaining about something that hasnt happened even though low tiers have been unfolded like this before....

it did not happened before in pack with economics update and statements that pretty obviously shows they are going to make economics system like in mobile scam games

1 hour ago, Razielkaine said:

Unfolding is good. They reduced to cost to research and buy so that's not an issue. More tanks being unlocked means more being played making the mm better, lineups better and the general game experience better for everyone at those ideas.  Having more vehicles to play in your li eup now you have unlocked it actually reduces the rp needed to grind due to the bonus rp rewards

Utter codswallop. Sorry, utter cobblers.

Before unfolding - buy 1 vehicle, suffer 1 stock grind, unlock the next one. 

After unfolding. Buy 2-3 vehicles. 2-3 sets of repair bills accrued in deaths as you naturally work your way through. Suffer 2-3 stock grinds. THEN and only then you progress.

Oh yes, then consider that the grind will take longer depending on tier due to nerfed rp/sl gains. 

I would think it is perfectly clear but I can always draw a picture for you in Paint if you wish?

Further explainer-

Foldering sets of similar vehicles gave players a choice (I know, I know, choice! giving people choice! the horror!) as to whether they wanted to grind some vehicles or not. I for one didn't much like the T-54 so skipped unlocking every single iteration of the thing - I wanted to get to the stabilised models ASAP.  I DID like the T-62 so happily unlocked both of them. Others might have found the reverse to be true. Either way, requiring people to grind identical stuff does not benefit players, it only prolongs the grind for those who don't want it - those who would play all the foldered stuff won't care but were likely not the majority anyway.

?

Edited by Crazed_Otter
  • Upvote 4

The unfoldering of low tier vehicles to decrease the grind needed for newer players to get to higher tiers is literally counter acted by the fact that Gaijin seems to love reducing SL and RP rewards non premium vehicles and players get while also having a huge repair costs for vehicles at higher tiers which increases as you research more modifications.

On top of the economy changes the unfoldering of low tier vehicles help no one.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Shiftyhead said:

The unfoldering of low tier vehicles to decrease the grind needed for newer players to get to higher tiers is literally counter acted by the fact that Gaijin seems to love reducing SL and RP rewards non premium vehicles and players get while also having a huge repair costs for vehicles at higher tiers which increases as you research more modifications.

On top of the economy changes the unfoldering of low tier vehicles help no one.

the rewards were lowered less then the reduction in rp and sl needed.  the lack of understanding of this games mechanics blows my mind

14 hours ago, Razielkaine said:

You need ro watch the video. He's making fun of people making your argument lol

The grind is shorted now, they reduced the rp and sl cost to compensate.  More vehicles played and fully researched means less rp to grind.

A CC shilling for the dev's, nothing new. He has done this for years, anyways. 

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

the rewards were lowered less then the reduction in rp and sl needed.  the lack of understanding of this games mechanics blows my mind

So you are fine with earning less by doing good in the game without a premium account or a vehicle while the costs of your repairs which on higher BRs is already insane goes up by a lot with each modification purchased?

Do I need to remind you that some higher BR vehicles have a base repair cost of up to 20 000 SLs PER game? What is someone who doesn't have premium or a premium vehicle supposed to do? Git gud ,but now the rewards for doing good are lower so there is literally no reward to being good in the game without using premiums.

These economic changes hurt you as well. Realize that. These economic changes hurt everyone. They are not good for the health for the game. The unfoldening of low tier vehicles doesn't make the grind faster at all with these stupid economy changes.

Edited by Shiftyhead
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Shiftyhead said:

So you are fine with earning less by doing good in the game without a premium account or a vehicle while the costs of your repairs which on higher BRs is already insane goes up by a lot with each modification purchased?

Do I need to remind you that some higher BR vehicles have a base repair cost of up to 20 000 SLs PER game? What is someone who doesn't have premium or a premium vehicle supposed to do? Git gud ,but now the rewards for doing good are lower so there is literally no reward to being good in the game without using premiums.

These economic changes hurt you as well. Realize that. These economic changes hurt everyone. They are not good for the health for the game. The unfoldening of low tier vehicles doesn't make the grind faster at all with these stupid economy changes.

yes because i can read the changes properly and see the repairs dropped more then the earnings did

14 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

yes because i can read the changes properly and see the repairs dropped more then the earnings did

You are right the repairs dropped more than earnings did....

For lower tier vehicles.... by not a lot....

While you visibly earn less overall even with premium vehicles....

You think I am going to look at excel sheets with all those green cells as some proof of a good change while in game I am can literally see that I AM EARNING less SL for playing well and losing more SL on repairs.

Edited by Shiftyhead

3 minutes ago, Shiftyhead said:

You are right the repairs dropped more than earnings did....

For lower tier vehicles.... by not a lot....

While you visibly earn less overall even with premium vehicles....

for most vehicles in the game

1 hour ago, Comrade_Rin said:

A CC shilling for the dev's, nothing new. He has done this for years, anyways. 

Let me guess, it's a certain canadian, that also is comparable to a maus in some parameters?

medal

5 minutes ago, Razielkaine said:

for most vehicles in the game

Again....

I know I am earning less SL nowdays and losing more SL on repairs than I did a couple of months before with the same tier because I can literally see the amount of SL I earn no matter how good I do with boosters mind you. Everyone can. I know for the fact that the best squad award did not give you that little SL on RB as it does nowadays. That's why everyone started being critical towards the changes despite the "positive" change on the overall repair cost for most vehicles which on average was what like 1 percent or something? Doesn't change a lot. The economy is still messed up.

Edited by Shiftyhead

On 16/05/2023 at 15:02, Papasteak said:

It's almost as if Gaijin employees don't play their own game and know how long and tedious the grind is, especially w/o a premium account/vehicle.

I mean if the fact that vehicles leave the test server wrong or broken more often then proper or working is any indication, I don't know what is.

Why would they test-play their own game when they're priority is to pump out content and throw it on the tech trees like a dart board in the foyer?

The only time I see them possibly playing their own game is to test maps. Even though that's a rocky possibility on it's own.

6 hours ago, Papasteak said:

TEC is an actual tool.

TEC is one of Gaijin biggest fanboys. He was crapping on Naval players back when the Prinz Eugen news dropped, and defending Gaijin for making it Premium. Something to the tune of "It's just business to Gaijin and the player base is to blame!"

Dude is incredibly toxic (as is his Discord server) and claims to fight again "nihilism", but that's just a joke.

He'll probably be the reason Gaijin never changes their ways honestly. I've never seen a "Fume Sniffer" bigger then TEC in any other gaming community, and I've played Nintendo Games. :lol2:

Edited by CaptnBerner
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yknow, this would have been fine if they'd just foldered as many vehicles (probably higher tier ones) as they unfoldered at the same time. No one would have really complained about that trade off. But as it is this just looked greedy. Any justification that the time to top tier (or in this case, get out of tier 1) needs to be longer now just doesn't fly at the moment. This was just really tone deaf on their part.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

"we will not add any jets to the premium tree cause we don't want players buying their way to the top" -gaijin entertainment

You guys have too much faith in company that says one thing and does other. As long as they get paid. 

On 21/05/2023 at 09:03, CptAndrewTate said:

"we will not add any jets to the premium tree cause we don't want players buying their way to the top" -gaijin entertainment

You guys have too much faith in company that says one thing and does other. As long as they get paid. 

Yup. I remember reading that as well.  Look at where we're at now.

• Like 1