The Gepard has probably made more people quit the game than the negative reviews

TaseR

Gepard needs to go up in BR. Fighting a late-Cold War radar AA in a 1950's jet sucks. Dying to that same AA in a tank sucks even more. There is no AA problem in the Gepard's BR range. People first spawn it and get 7 ground kills with it. And then China and Japan also has Gepards. So Gepards are way too common. Sometimes I fly over the battlefield and spot 3-4 Gepards. Anything that comes near that is guaranteed death. Tank / Plane / Helicopter = dead.

Edited by TaseR
simpler
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, Godvana said:

You know there are way more radar SPAA at 7.7-8.3 than just the Gepard. I'm not even going to bother listing them all off.

Yes, and I'm talking about the Gepard.

Are you going to tell me the M163 is as good as the Gepard?

Or the ZSU-4-23?

I never seen people first spawn them and use them as tank destroyers.

medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, TaseR said:

Or the ZSU-4-23?

Have you never met the English Falcon? It is one of the best tank destroyers in the game itself BR of the Gepard.

Edited by mc205v
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

48 minutes ago, TaseR said:

Or the ZSU-4-23?

lots of SPAA can be used as tank killers ... and many of them primarily are. Falcon, ZSU-57-2 / WZ-305, DCA-30, Praga M53/59, h...

Have you ever met L-62 ANTI II in low BR battles? That thing couldn't hit a plane if its life depended on it, but 10+ ground kill battles are really easy in it.

3mYdwzJ.jpg

28 air kills, 850+ ground kills ... yeah, let's pretend that thing is anti-aircraft. 

And if you want the combination of stabilized autocannon + good(-ish) mobility then light tanks like RCA-73 or BMP-2/3 or VBC PT2 are better while having advantages of being more mobile, smaller and having scouting & recon drone on top of that. 

Gepard, Marksman, ZA-35, Type 87, PGZ09 & ItPsV90 are pretty similar vehicles. So why dislike only Gepard so much? Show us on this BMP-2 doll where the Gepard touched you ...

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

36 minutes ago, mc205v said:

Have you never met the English Falcon? It is one of the best tank destroyers in the game itself BR of the Gepard.

Way more people spawn the Gepard / PGZ09 in comparison, which is my point.

I've seen more Marksmen than Falcons.

8 minutes ago, gozer said:

Gepard, Marksman, ZA-35, Type 87, PGZ09 & ItPsV90 are pretty similar vehicles. So why dislike only Gepard so much? Show us on this BMP-2 doll where the Gepard touched you ...

Type 87 and PGZ09 are Gepards. Marksman and ItPsV90 are essentially Gepards, but I see them less often so it's not as much an issue.

I'm saying the Gepard is an issue because it's an AA with a good radar that can easily kill planes, helicopters, and tanks. And its a very common vehicle because it's very good. Is this too hard to understand?

Edited by TaseR
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, TaseR said:

I'm saying the Gepard is an issue because it's an AA with a good radar that can easily kill planes, helicopters, and tanks. And its a very common vehicle because it's very good. Is this too hard to understand?

Judging from my experience the Gepard doesn't seem like a big problem to me, you have to play with it first and then judge.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, mc205v said:

Judging from my experience the Gepard doesn't seem like a big problem to me, you have to play with it first and then judge.

True I've never played it, but I always seem to get nailed regardless of how far I am from the battlefield or how low im flying.

I've played the other AAs (USA/USSR) and I a) Rarely seem them compared to Gepards, and b) Definitively can't do 3km AA snipes with them.

What are the Gepard's weaknesses? Search radar seems strong and the bullets appear to have 0 drop.

medal medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, TaseR said:

True I've never played it, but I always seem to get nailed regardless of how far I am from the battlefield or how low im flying.

I've played the other AAs (USA/USSR) and I a) Rarely seem them compared to Gepards, and b) Definitively can't do 3km AA snipes with them.

What are the Gepard's weaknesses? Search radar seems strong and the bullets appear to have 0 drop.

All SPAAGs are lethal if you get too close, usually they can be deadly around 1.5km away, so you need to keep away from them if you want to survive with your plane/helicopter, you can only get close if you see they are distracted, a that point even a 12.7mm burst kills them.

5 minutes ago, mc205v said:

All SPAAGs are lethal if you get too close, usually they can be deadly around 1.5km away, so you need to keep away from them if you want to survive with your plane/helicopter, you can only get close if you see they are distracted, a that point even a 12.7mm burst kills them.

Ok but I'm talking about Gepards weaknesses. I have been nailed by Gepards from more than 2km away multiple times.

Do they have limited vertical guidance or any other weakness?

medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, TaseR said:

Ok but I'm talking about Gepards weaknesses. I have been nailed by Gepards from more than 2km away multiple times.

Do they have limited vertical guidance or any other weakness?

The aiming guide is at 2.5km, and I assure you that it is not easy to hit an aircraft at that distance, unless you don't want to waste ammunition, and it is better to bring the aircraft closer to be sure of hitting them, if you have been shot down at 3km is just a matter of luck on the part of the player with the Gepard.

On 21/05/2023 at 05:42, TaseR said:

Gepard needs to go up in BR. Fighting a late-Cold War radar AA in a 1950's jet sucks. Dying to that same AA in a tank sucks even more. There is no AA problem in the Gepard's BR range. People first spawn it and get 7 ground kills with it. And then China and Japan also has Gepards. So Gepards are way too common. Sometimes I fly over the battlefield and spot 3-4 Gepards. Anything that comes near that is guaranteed death. Tank / Plane / Helicopter = dead.

The guns are more far apart than the eyes of the new Disney Mermade. Its entire ammo supply is also pretty low, so you can't just spam like you do with the Shilka. AND you can only take 40 rounds of APDS! Not only that, but Germany doesn't really have any other capable SPAA around 8.0 BR.

Please note that Gepard = Chieftan Marksman. Why are you not complaining about the Marksman as well? There is more radar SPAA below 8.0, why are you not complaining about them either?

medal medal medal medal