War Thunder withdrawing from Steam?

zuh

They're taking a Sturmtiger shell to the foot if they do that, frankly. 

In all honestly I think this is a bit of an overreaction by the playerbase, though I understand its the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of people, but I must admit the way Gaijin is handling the blowout is very poor. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal

1 minute ago, Threashold said:

The playerbase are overreacting like hell tbh. 

It really isn't though 
The reaction isn't to the recent econ changes, they are just a drop in the bucket. When the bucket has been slowly filling up for half a decade though it becomes a lot more reasonable. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 16
medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Threashold said:

Are all the YouTubers overreacting as well? I play with prem and the grind is truly a nightmare, I cannot imagine the people that play without prem time, how the hell do they even continue playing the game after a while? Something hat to be done. If you think that community is overreacting i'd suggest looking up some videos on the topic in YT, some very good explanations and arguments are floating out there.

Edited by LeUwUpard 2
  • Upvote 14
medal medal

2 minutes ago, Threashold said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes ... for years Gaijin tried to push the annoyance based economy juuuust a bit more and then again juuuust a bit more and then lets try yet again and look it worked so let's tighten the screws juuust a little more and have a good laugh. So now when they finally pushed playerbase too far there isn't much goodwill left. Or better said, none at all, especially after that unbelievably tone deaf response from Gaijin.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The players are definitely overreacting, as are the YouTubers, who are unfortunately the ones leading this charge for a large number of people. It's obvious that whatever real issues some players feel exist have been blown out of proportion, first by YouTubers, and then by the momentum of community action. The fact that all the YouTubers are all uploading their own "critical" videos to get on the bandwagon and get more views shows how genuine their support is. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 18
  • Confused 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, Threashold said:

You guys could have asked for the changes you've wanted since they have reverted the changes, so there was no need at all to bomb review the game on steam, reddit and every site.

1) The review bombings will continue until the economy improves 
2) As I said, its not the recent econ changes, its the last 7 years of changes that have slowly been squeezing the player base. Started with them selling top tier premiums, with the constant reduction of rewards, the constant increase in costs and compression of the MM. The recent changes weren't the issue. They were a tiny part of something that has been growing for years and this time gaijin pushed a little bit too far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Threashold said:

You guys could have asked for the changes you've wanted since they have reverted the changes, so there was no need at all to bomb review the game on steam, reddit and every site.

The western world practices capitalism.  This is what capitalism is.  You do something as a company your customers do not like, they use their voice and wallets to fight back.  You can call it review bomb, boycott, canceling, whatever term you want the fact remains WT dev team caused it.  No one woke up and decided to leave poor reviews on Monday "just because."  Its not for a meme.  Its not an april fools joke.  Its not some 4chan stunt. 

Its just customers of a company using their voice and wallets to get change.  Thats how Capitalism works.  I know for a Russian company this may come as a shock, but in the West we do things a bit different.  You cant force me to play your game or spend money on it.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8
medal medal

13 minutes ago, BrBStoveXploded said:

The western world practices capitalism.  This is what capitalism is.  You do something as a company your customers do not like, they use their voice and wallets to fight back.  You can call it review bomb, boycott, canceling, whatever term you want the fact remains WT dev team caused it.  No one woke up and decided to leave poor reviews on Monday "just because."  Its not for a meme.  Its not an april fools joke.  Its not some 4chan stunt. 

Its just customers of a company using their voice and wallets to get change.  Thats how Capitalism works.  I know for a Russian company this may come as a shock, but in the West we do things a bit different.  You cant force me to play your game or spend money on it.   

Well said.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Also do not forget:  

Warthunder only had MOSTLY POSITIVE reviews because they bought them.

Warthunder gave whoever left a good review 3 free days of premium.  They never earned their good reviews by putting in hard work and doing good by their customers.  They literally had to bribe the player base with premium days to achieve the good review status they had.  

• Upvote 4
medal medal

18 minutes ago, BrBStoveXploded said:

Mmm, thinly veiled racism behind some flawed reasoning, very nice. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, Threashold said:

Eh, to be fair, they have been asked for, repeatedly, for years. And they never listened. 

In recent history when it comes to the playerbase asking for change, review bombing such as this is the only tactic that has been repeatedly proven to work at forcing game developers to listen to their playerbase and implement changes, which is why its become more common. 

In the playerbases eyes, this was a necessary step after years of feeling like they werent being listened to. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal