War Thunder withdrawing from Steam?

zuh

1 minute ago, Pacifica said:

Well thats the thing, Online games are always in Development... Gaijin wanted to get out of Beta ASAP, but the game is in constant Development... it is just the nature of MMOs  

The problem is that they have not the resources to fix the bugs because they are constantly adding new content.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Most veteran players like myself are not effected much by the economy changes over the last few years because we've built up a large cache of SL.

The issue is not vet players like myself and others i sqd with. 

The economy problem is with the newer players we've been playing with especially over the past couple of years.

Complaints about SL and research have become more frequent, and it's especially troubling because these are good players with very high win rates and scores. 

I can't imagine how bad it's gotten for the average to below average players trying to progress and getting familiar with the game.

Gaijin, you once were generous with incentives to enter/play the game with the daily X2 rewards for 1st game per nation, golden wagers, and economy rewards.

You should remember your roots and what incentivized and rewarded players to both play and then stick around... 

What happened to you Gaijin? 

Edited by Maximus_007
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, _Zekken said:

They're taking a Sturmtiger shell to the foot if they do that, frankly. 

In all honestly I think this is a bit of an overreaction by the playerbase, though I understand its the straw that broke the camels back for a lot of people, but I must admit the way Gaijin is handling the blowout is very poor. 

They went way too far and literally went into a firefight with a gas can, there is nobody on Earth who can stop it now expect gaijin themselves!! If they continue ignoring it will become even worse..

medal medal medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
4 minutes ago, Waelse said:

The problem is that they have not the resources to fix the bugs because they are constantly adding new content.

Every update there are bug fixes, some bugs are easier to fix than others...

But, this was started because players were concerned that more bugs were not being fixed... up to Number 75 now

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Pacifica said:

Every update there are bug fixes, some bugs are easier to fix than others...

But, this was started because players were concerned that more bugs were not being fixed... up to Number 75 now

All bugs what were announced fixed in the last patch are still in the game. Like the crew pressets mess.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Pacifica said:

The Reviews wont change.... thats why it is such destructive behavior.... ask the hardcore haters, and they will say they will never change their review.... why do you think so many are on the band wagon ? its not for a honest review, have you read the ones full of hatred ? those wont change ever...

so dont kid your self, even if you and other honest ones that will change their review back, the hardcore haters will never change it.... and they will just get other like minded haters to flock to the game just to leave hateful reviews just because they can

It is one reason why I hate reviews for games, because reviews can and will always be exploited... and I always think it is a bad idea.... anything that you can exploit is a very bad idea...

you see, on the net you can do whatever the hell you want without any responsibility... and I have seen a number of very good games go up in flames just because Haters gonna Hate.....  

1. soo 80 thousand people which is probably more then half of active playerbase are haters? that is what you think of players which play your game and spend money..

majority of those people left an honest comment on the state of the game which was ruined for the last 5 years it has built up slowly into this... 

This is only the leadership of this company fault that they were milking and milking...

Give us a sensible roadmap of fixes and the review will go back to good just like in Cyberpunk and other popualr games which flopped at some point but returned to be good ...

Ps. all games have hardcore haters and somehow they earn millions :)

"It is one reason why I hate reviews for games, because reviews can and will always be exploited... and I always think it is a bad idea.... anything that you can exploit is a very bad idea..." <--- tht is just bad.. very bad.. review is what changed my mind of spending money on some games which saved me a lot of money.. this is just absurd statement from you.. freedom of speach on a free market is what we wan't..

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Pacifica said:

Moderators are not Gaijin employees, we are volunteers, we look out for the Rules of our Forum.... but we are also Gamers, and ive seen whats happened to other games out there, ive also been a Alpha, Beta, C/B and so on for a ton of games over 25 or so years

Mostly true but not entirely, you have contracts with Gaijin and being paid in-game currency which technically makes you indeed Gaijin employees! But i would completely agree you don't have anything to do with Gaijin in terms of game developing rather only responsible for forum platform.

medal medal medal medal

The Reviews wont change.... thats why it is such destructive behavior.... ask the hardcore haters, and they will say they will never change their review.... why do you think so many are on the band wagon ? its not for a honest review, have you read the ones full of hatred ? those wont change ever...

so dont kid your self, even if you and other honest ones that will change their review back, the hardcore haters will never change it.... and they will just get other like minded haters to flock to the game just to leave hateful reviews just because they can

It is one reason why I hate reviews for games, because reviews can and will always be exploited... and I always think it is a bad idea.... anything that you can exploit is a very bad idea...

you see, on the net you can do whatever the hell you want without any responsibility... and I have seen a number of very good games go up in flames just because Haters gonna Hate.....  

I'm not a 'hardcore hater', actually quite the contrary, but enough is enough.

According to Steam since 2013 I have over 20 000 hours in War Thunder, according to Gaijin I spent over a year in game.

For years I had a positive review on Steam. With my views on the game I've even been 'accused' of working for Gaijin on Steam forums. Some years ago I changed my review to a bit more critical, yet still positive.

Personally my biggest gripe is the BR compression mostly at high tier, as far as economy goes I pretty much played myself to not having to care about economy anymore, yet I find it annoying that over the years little by little rewards got more and more diminished, it's just annoying. And while I don't care so much, I can see how newer players or players who play less (or spend less money on the game) can struggle to get anywhere. And I need players to play against...

So I changed my review on Steam temporarily to negative, fully prepared to revert it as soon as you get something done about the economy and possibly BR compression.

Seems your first reflex on the reviews on Steam was to take the Steam logo off of the site, so I figured I'd do a review on google and metacritic as well, just to make sure the concerns get through.

Edited by DerLachendeMann
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Il y a 1 heure, Pacifica a dit :

Les modérateurs ne sont pas des employés de Gaijin, nous sommes des bénévoles, nous surveille les règles de notre forum... mais nous sommes aussi des joueurs, et j'ai vu ce qui est arrivé à d'autres jeux là-bas, j'ai également été un Alpha, Beta, C/B et ainsi de suite pendant une tonne de jeux sur 25 ans environ

can you tell us if, at least, someone from gaijin reads this forum? or is it just a decompression pot?

Here is the problem though.

This process of review bombing usually is done only as a last resort. Its done usually as a result of the player base feeling like all other attempts of constructive criticism with the developer have broken down and failed, and that their voices are still not being heard or listened to. 

And the reason its done is because it works. It has worked with an extremely high success rate, not just in warthunder, but gaming industry wide (and even the film/TV industry). And it has worked here too, Gaijin rolled back the patch after just one day. 

Now, even if we make an assumption that the complaints about the economy that were this specific patch are not valid, the problem here is that this is the straw that broke the camels back, the review bombing is a result of the constant small changes and reductions in the economy until the playerbase couldnt take it any more. Couple that with the generally terrible response to this whole thing from Gaijin, and the current Anarchy is what you get.

Remember that a lot of those reviews and a lot of these disgruntled forum and reddit and other social media posts are usually made by people who otherwise love this game and want to continue to enjoy it and want it to succeed. Thats why they are voicing their displeasure. 

• Confused 1
medal medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
17 minutes ago, GloBlue said:

can you tell us if, at least, someone from gaijin reads this forum? or is it just a decompression pot?

Staff have always passed on Feedback, Staff are always reading and passing things on.... Devs even read the forum, but English may not be their first language, so thats why CMs Admins pass on things of concern

you only joined last year, so you are new, so you have not seen all the feedback gathered and passed on over the last 10 years, you can also go read tens of thousands of player made Bug reports and Suggestions that have been passed on and that have been implemented and improved the game over the last ten years

a good number of things have also been added/changed just from feedback, and even planned changes have been revert because of feedback

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Threashold said:

The playerbase are overreacting like hell tbh. 

Nah, actions -> consequences.

The player base is like that quiet kid in the class getting bullied everyday and then one day everyone acts surprised when he snaps and brings assau.. ehm Steam review to the school.

13 hours ago, WheelchairGamer said:

If they actually pull out of Steam, I can finally stop playing this game.

I don't want to install their own client again because it is just boring.

Based.

Gaijin launcher review:

- its not Steam

+ its not Epic Games Store exclusive

4 hours ago, Pacifica said:

ask the hardcore haters, and they will say they will never change their review

I fundamentally disagree with this statement. Make a simple poll then. If XX demands are met, will you change your reviev from negative to positive? Yes/No
I have mine up for 2 years and I swear on my honor if the 2 most jarring issues I have with the game are fixed, as it is quite possible to fix if there is will from Gaijin, I will revert it back to positive.

4 hours ago, Pacifica said:

It is one reason why I hate reviews for games

I am sorry, but it is really the only unbiased way to judge the product. If the reviews are not possible to be altered by the producer that is. Which is not effectively possible on Steam. The hardcore haters you talk about are what, 3-5%? Hardly a good justification to disable reviews.
I will leave you with this image just to show you that if you do things right and treat your players correctly, you will be rewarded and loved by your playerbase.

2053723023_Screenshot2023-05-23at14-03-3

Edited by bananomet
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Pacifica said:

it's not whether or not those specific reviews will change, but Gaijin absolutely is the only one in control of that overall result.  It is up to them to change it, the players cannot.  [

medal

Il y a 54 minutes, Pacifica a déclaré :

Le personnel a toujours transmis des commentaires, le personnel lit et transmet toujours des choses... Les développeurs ont même lu le forum, mais l'anglais n'est peut-être pas leur langue maternelle, c'est pourquoi les administrateurs de CM transmettent des choses préoccupantes

vous n'avez rejoint que l'année dernière, donc vous êtes nouveau, donc vous n'avez pas vu tous les commentaires recueillis et transmis au cours des 10 dernières années, vous pouvez également aller lire des dizaines de milliers de joueurs ont fait des rapports de bogues et des suggestions qui ont été transmis et qui ont été mis en œuvre et amélioré le jeu au cours des dix dernières années

un bon nombre de choses ont également été ajoutées/modifiées juste à partir des commentaires, et même les changements planifiés ont été annulés en raison des commentaires

so basically you're telling me that they knew that the players didn't agree with this economic system but all this time they ignored them and that's why it's exploding now? (I'm not an English speaker but I know how to use google translate)

• Senior Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, GloBlue said:

so basically you're telling me that they knew that the players didn't agree with this economic system but all this time they ignored them and that's why it's exploding now? (I'm not an English speaker but I know how to use google translate)

Well, that explains why somethings are lost in Translation... good to know! :salute:

The thing is, the Devs rely on both Feedback and what the database tells them, at times somethings take time to see what is going on, each time the economy is updated / changed both Feedback and data from the database is gathered and taken into consideration... it has been very clear that recent developments were not very popular, and changes pulled  

• Confused 1

Il y a 6 minutes, Pacifica a déclaré :

Eh bien, cela explique pourquoi quelque chose est perdu dans la traduction... bon à savoir !:salute:

Le fait est que les développeurs s'appuient à la fois sur les commentaires et sur ce que la base de données leur dit, parfois quelque chose prend du temps pour voir ce qui se passe, chaque fois que l'économie est mise à jour / modifiée, les commentaires et les données de la base de données sont recueillis et pris en considération... il a été très clair que les développements récents n

I understand that you are defending your position, no problem with that, I see that at the economy level and in view of the many negative opinions they have taken nothing into consideration except their interests, now at the technical level I know that they have made efforts and that they correct a lot of things, that said it's the least we can do, if in addition to paying we had to play a game full of bugs, right?

8 minutes ago, Pacifica said:

Well, that explains why somethings are lost in Translation... good to know! :salute:

The thing is, the Devs rely on both Feedback and what the database tells them, at times somethings take time to see what is going on, each time the economy is updated / changed both Feedback and data from the database is gathered and taken into consideration... it has been very clear that recent developments were not very popular, and changes pulled  

what they think the database tells them.  i think this is part of the problem, they are just looking at those numbers without understanding them.  They allow those numbers to be skewed by outside exploits, and instead of removing the exploit they leave it in the game which influences the spreadsheet data. (naval bots)

they need to play their game, perhaps someone with fresh eyes

medal

2 hours ago, BrBStoveXploded said:

Warthunder bribed steam players with 3 days FREE premium for leaving a good review. 

I would not turn my computer on for 3 days of premium.

Edited by efetenekeci
  • Haha 1
medal

example: their statistics tell them that the flarakrad and the vt1 nerfed= pantsir, from there how do you want the players to be happy to play? and i don't know if it's true but i read that the devs don't even play the game, is that correct?

In short, Gaijin has removed brick by brick that held the community into this game. Every incentive, every double EXP reward for first win, Every SL/XP incentive and we are left with Sand and Told to pound sand especially after they told us that "80 pErcEnt oF pLaYErs dONt PAy uS" so called BS statistics.

You did that over the years, Bit by bit and started piling on More and more sands of BS. The tech trees Doubled or tripled in some sizes But the economy and Exp earnings shrinking to more or less half of what it used to be. Hell maybe less. I remember when i would have earnings of 40K in my T-34's on first earn without premium. Now? Even if i do well i get maybe 10k? 15K? Just for arcade, Thats Kinda Sad because the reason you would play low tiers was to earn some SL.

Repair costs doubling,Tripling, Quadrupling or increasing tenfold didn't help either. What would have helped?

As you add more Sh-t To the tech trees. Increase the Gain for SL and EXP as we get FURTHER down the tech tree. And not by a 'measely 10%' Either like some youtubers suggest. It takes Weeks/MONTHS of active play just to get Anything later down there. Some of us would rather not have to spend YEARS to get through ONE tech tree yet we have. We all have our lives too. And yet they think its okay to more or less cut off our only way to play by demanding more money will work?

Once you get past Tier 2 the difficulty Spikes in how much EXP you would need. Most new players will more or less stick around to 3 until they get tired and fed up. Why? Well its just no longer fun, Because you get So Little for doing so much. Even IF you win you still get Jack. Gaijin is an embarrassment to how they were when it was back then. They were happy to release updates when it was near the beginning. Now?

You get Bloody Tier 7 Premiums as a quick cash grab.

edit: They absolutely deserve the review bombing they are getting now. Because they did something a good amount of the REMAINING active players did not want. (The ones that are not gaijin Shills and can't take criticism) That is because they are NOT listening UNTIL something DRASTIC happens. They are now voting with their wallets, And the wallets have said enough is enough. And they have no ground to stand on to play the morale card especially after they quite literally offer paid reviews (The 3 days of premium for positive reviews)

Edited by SaltyChocolate
addon
  • Upvote 1
medal

• Senior Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, GloBlue said:

example: their statistics tell them that the flarakrad and the vt1 nerfed= pantsir, from there how do you want the players to be happy to play? and i don't know if it's true but i read that the devs don't even play the game, is that correct?

All Staff including the Developers play the game, for most of us Moderators and Game Masters etc, can be found with the [MOD] tag in front of their name... I think some Devs have [DEV], but otherwise you can see them in game, tho they may primarily play on the EU server

I my self however do not play much because I spend something like 90% of my game time making skins

56 minutes ago, bananomet said:

I will leave you with this image just to show you that if you do things right and treat your players correctly, you will be rewarded and loved by your playerbase.

2053723023_Screenshot2023-05-23at14-03-3

Hell i do playing that game too and I can agree that yes Dev do care about playerbase and community very well.

This is what Gaijin should look as example

as for GJ 

I knew that many of my comment got delete did you think i'm stupid?

Edited by ARK_BOI
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, Pacifica said:

For the sake of transparency and understanding, would gaijin be willing to publish their statistics or that famous database so we may be capable of reaching an understanding on equal footing, I doubt this community can last much longer if we are always rebuked with justifications of data and stats without ever seeing them.

Starting to feel like gaijin doesn't have those stats and has just been gaslighting us for the better part of 10 years...

medal medal medal