Repair cost myths - BUSTED!

Lulzwhat

1. Repair cost help Gaijin to upkeep real money income.

• Lie. Nobody will pay real money for repair. NOBODY! Ask yourself, ask your friends, and anyone - who ever paid for repair exactly? I'm sure 100% of answers will "no". If i wouldnt have enough SL due to repair, I rather go play other nation or even other game or just go watch movie/do whatever else than pay real money for repair.

2. Repair enocurage players to play smart.

• Lie. It's a game and should give you fun and not enforce you by fear of lose. If i see unreasonable high repair i just dont take this vehicle in my setup, as  most of the players do. Because price of mistake or just bad luck is too high while reward is the same of even lower than average. Only things what repair is really encourage - play bush rat and 1 respawn setups.

3. Repair should be lowered but not removed.

• Delusion. Lowering repair wont solve the problem. Gaijin already said that all balance is for keep targeted average income +/- same for all vehicles. So if their statistics shows that vehicle A grind X, vehicle B grind 2X and vehilce C grind 0.5X in average - their try to balance B & C to X by increasing/decreasing it's repair cost/reward multiplier, put it to lower/higer BR. So no matter how much they lower it - X wont change and all proportions in this equation will be changed to get X. But it wont protect you from bad luck, when you die 3 times in a row to a bush rat on other side of Fields of Poland for example and get your repair bills which makes you mad.

4. Grind bots will flood the matchmaking!

• Lie. WT bots already exists and feel themself pretty fine until get banned.

5. Repair cost is balancing value!

• Occam's Razor. "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily." We already have base reward value and reward multiplier. No need to have another variable (which is also random since you could lose your vheicle or not)

As you can see - most popular myths about reapir was easly BUSTED.

If you also want help to solve this economy crisis - send template in quote below to survey form here: https://poll.gaijin.net/survey/102/

Spoiler

Just remove repair cost.
At all.

This element is totally obsolete.
It wont serve anything expect punish players for lose.
Devs tells that it serve for economy balance - but it's a lie.
For economy balance all vehicles have a reward multiplier.
And it should be only and only thing to balance the economy while repair cost should be removed.

Removing repair cost is benefit for all - devs wont needed to waste a lot of time for this pointless reshaffle every few months
And players just finally can play any vehicle they want without back thoughts.

I aks everyone who have direct contact with devs to deliver this thought to them.

Edited by Lulzwhat
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, Lulzwhat said:

1. Repair cost help Gaijin to upkeep real money income.

• Lie. Nobody will pay real money for repair. NOBODY! Ask yourself, ask your friends, and anyone - who ever paid for repair exactly? I'm sure 100% of answers will "no". If i wouldnt have enough SL due to repair, I rather go play other nation or even other game or just go watch movie/do whatever else than pay real money for repair.

You might not spend GE on SL to repair a vehicle but due to the repair costs you will have less SL overall leading many players to pay for a premium account or vehicle so they can get enough SL to buy a new vehicle that they just unlocked etc.

2. Repair enocurage players to play smart.

It doesnt encourage players to play smart, but it does encourage them not to play stupidly. Having teammates that randomly decide to J out or crash at the start of the game is already an issue that removing repair costs would make worse.

Repair should be lowered but not removed.

It is concevable for gaijin to agree to lower repair costs without lowering the SL modifiers.

Edited by UnknowenPlayer

1 minute ago, UnknowenPlayer said:

Having teammates that randomly decide to J out or crash at the start of the game is already an issue that removing repair costs would make worse.

They decide to J because they probably not like the map or it's night battle and they not have NV/thermals.

And they will always J. With or without repair.

7 minutes ago, Lulzwhat said:

And they will always J. With or without repair.

The people who currently J out will if repair are there or not, thats why they are currently doing it, but right now i dont j out in a full uptier, if it didnt cost me anything becuase repair costs were removed i would j out every time i got put in an uptier, as would throusands of other players who currently dont j out in uptiers due to repair costs.

Edited by UnknowenPlayer

19 minutes ago, Lulzwhat said:

As you can see - most popular myths about reapir was easly BUSTED.

I respect your pov as your own opinion. Some of your points are purely subjective, others contradict each other and some where seen out of context.

Short and sweet i focus on just 2 things

1. Repairing with real money/GE

Just show me multiple posts that players addressed this as an issue, qualifying this as a so called "myth". The effect of draining SL income with repair cost is simply indirect, leading for an increased demand to progress with premium time/vehicles/GE.

2. Balancing with repair cost

You deny in your 5th point that gaijin balances with repair cost - assessing this as a myth. In the second point you admit that you avoid vehicles with unreasonable high repair cost - so you react on balancing measures by gajin created to make a vehicle less attractive; you contradict yourself.

So putting out just the most obvious points of your post make further discussions not really necessary. Don't get me wrong, everybody is entitled to have opinions, but if you claim that you can debunk myths you might get replies with different povs. 

15 minutes ago, Uncle J Wick@live said:

Just show me multiple posts that players addressed this as an issue

What exactly they adressing?

That they not enough SL or thath they paid for SL to repair their stuff and then feel frustrated?

I've played ~8.700 hours only on Steam. I've NEVER used gold for repair while i being on low SL several times before i start play with premium and premium vehicles.

And no. It's not repair forced me to pay for premium but willing to get the top tier.

1 hour ago, UnknowenPlayer said:

The people who currently J out will if repair are there or not, thats why they are currently doing it, but right now i dont j out in a full uptier, if it didnt cost me anything becuase repair costs were removed i would j out every time i got put in an uptier, as would throusands of other players who currently dont j out in uptiers due to repair costs.

don't think thoes people will J out in an uptier, you don't even need to spawn in to se if it is an uptier or not, so even right now you would not lose SL by just leaving when you notice you are in an uptier.

lowering the repair would most likely just make ppl care less if they die, and we would mabye even see some crazy stunts because of it.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, Yansomi said:

you don't even need to spawn in to se if it is an uptier or not

There are pleanty of other reasons why people might J out if there was no punishment for doing so e.g. if you need to go anywhere right now most people finish the game then leave but with no repair costs you would just leave straight away most of the time.

Also people would just leave as soon as their team starts to loose, this is a huge issue in enlisted where there are no repair costs (even though there is a rating points punishment for leaving early). as soon as one side starts to loose, all the players leave and any other players that get put in the battle late immidiatly leave too.

In those games where you spawn and 1/4 of your team crashes on take off id just leave.

And the more players leave, the more reason the remaining players have to leave so there is a cascading effect where as soon as a couple of players leave the whole team does- again this is what already happend in enlisted.

15 minutes ago, Yansomi said:

we would mabye even see some crazy stunts because of it

Unfortunately most of the crazy stunts that we are likely to see is an increase in revenge suicide bombing in GRB and an increase in players just ramming into each other or teamkilling in Air battles.

5 minutes ago, UnknowenPlayer said:

There are pleanty of other reasons why people might J out

thoes are few, and it does not cost if you don't spawn in, so no repair for J'ing out is barly a factor as it is now, you spawn in you die and don't spawn in again only getting rapair for that vehicle you died in.

If you spawn in and just J out, then you have not thought this through, the leading for doing so is probably something is happening around them in RL and high repair would do little to change that.

The reson ppl don't spawn in again, now that is probably what is to blame for ppl leaving games, like Premium's that got no lineup, team dying very fast and not spawning in again <-- there is the cascading effect noticable, or just getting salty on some of the BS mechanics not working, so a lot is not even the repair cost.

17 minutes ago, UnknowenPlayer said:

Unfortunately most of the crazy stunts that we are likely to see is an increase in revenge suicide bombing in GRB and an increase in players just ramming into each other or teamkilling in Air battles.

Planes and hellis in GRB could be better handeld by the SP system, they both need to be increased to detere suicide, they are already many times more expensive to spawn than ground units in GRB, but not enough, they should be something you can be very effective with if you are carefull, if you die doing something stupid, then you are out, no more SP for an other ground unit

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Lulzwhat said:

I've played ~8.700 hours only on Steam. I've NEVER used gold for repair while i being on low SL several times before i start play with premium and premium vehicles.

But this only applies to you, it shouldn't be generalized to every single player.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Lulzwhat said:

Repair enocurage players to play smart.

• Lie. It's a game and should give you fun and not enforce you by fear of lose. If i see unreasonable high repair i just dont take this vehicle in my setup, as  most of the players do. Because price of mistake or just bad luck is too high while reward is the same of even lower than average. Only things what repair is really encourage - play bush rat and 1 respawn setups.

If I fly the Buc S2 in sim, my entire gaming experience is dominated by trying to avoid dying because the repair costs are so extreme. So im side skirting, trying to be super stealthy and not take any risks. Even something simple like what alt I fly at. In the Tornado Gr1 I love flying at treetop, its fun, but risky at times, but it doesnt matter too much, i'll loose SLs but wont go broke. in Buc, I wont risk it. Its so hard to make a profit that accidentally dying because of a rogue tree is just not worth it. So high alt bombing. Its a real shame. You dont play the game, you play the economy. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Connacht said:

But this only applies to you, it shouldn't be generalized to every single player.

I asked every person who adressed this myth did he ever paid for repair and all answers was "no".

What else i need? If even people who adress this - never paid fro repair?

I sincerely agree that the economy be modified, especially in the matter of training the crew and even more so in putting the crew in expert, but I have to admit that I have never had any monetary problem in the game, in fact I have almost 27 million of silver lions, but it also happens that I play a certain number of games with each tank, using them all from the beginning to the top, that's why little by little the silver lions accumulate. Regarding the issue of the games, what makes me not want to play is mainly the damage model and the penetration model, I can't stand that I can't get a kill simply and simply because the game doesn't want to give it to me, shooting and killing only one crew member, bouncing shots off flat areas with bullets that could pierce that armor three times etc, that's the main reason I start playing telling myself that I'm going to play 20 games, and I end up playing 6 in one day.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• F-14B (US) :
    • Rank 8
    • BR : 12.0
    • Located after the F-14A
    • Stock Repair Cost : 4560 / 9160 / 15250 SL
    • Spaded Repair Cost : 7542 / 15150 / 25223 SL

25k repair cost for the new F-14.  Its Aim54Cs are just a copy/paste of the Aim54a.  Just like the Aim7m is a copy/paste of the Aim7F.  25k repair cost.  The devs wonder why the community has had enough of this garbage.  25k for copy and paste?  Negative review will stay until this type of garbage is out of the game.  

25k repair cost in top tier air means you can get 3-4 kills, get destroyed and still come out negative SL...ON A VICTORY.  Never mind a loss.  You literally can not die with repair cost this high or you just bleed SL.  If you want me to take off, launch 6 phoenix's, land, J out and return to hanger this is the way to get me to do that.  

Edited by BrBStoveXploded
medal medal

1 hour ago, BrBStoveXploded said:
  • F-14B (US) :
    • Rank 8
    • BR : 12.0
    • Located after the F-14A
    • Stock Repair Cost : 4560 / 9160 / 15250 SL
    • Spaded Repair Cost : 7542 / 15150 / 25223 SL

25k repair cost for the new F-14.  Its Aim54Cs are just a copy/paste of the Aim54a.  Just like the Aim7m is a copy/paste of the Aim7F.  25k repair cost.  The devs wonder why the community has had enough of this garbage.  25k for copy and paste?  Negative review will stay until this type of garbage is out of the game.  

25k repair cost in top tier air means you can get 3-4 kills, get destroyed and still come out negative SL...ON A VICTORY.  Never mind a loss.  You literally can not die with repair cost this high or you just bleed SL.  If you want me to take off, launch 6 phoenix's, land, J out and return to hanger this is the way to get me to do that.  

Aim 54C isnt on the live yet... 
And the Aim7M is what it should be, meaning the aim7f should be nerfed

medal

12 hours ago, Lulzwhat said:

I asked every person who addressed this myth did he ever paid for repair and all answers was "no".

What else i need? If even people who address this - never paid fro repair?

And do they represent a significative statistical sample? Did you ask to 10, 100, 1000 people or even more? Surveys are much larger than a handful of users to infer data from the participants...

Did you make the clear distinction between "directly using GE to purchase SL for repair costs" and "purchasing premium status to earn more SL because of repair costs"?

I'm not saying that your thesis is wrong, but just that these statements are not evidence of anything. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Connacht said:

Did you make the clear distinction between "directly using GE to purchase SL for repair costs" and "purchasing premium status to earn more SL because of repair costs"?

And how the repair involved here?

Repair is repair. Premium is premium.

You dont need the repair to keep players income within targeted range.

I buy preimum not for overcome repair but for faster research.

On 25/05/2023 at 10:16, Lulzwhat said:

And how the repair involved here?

Repair is repair. Premium is premium.

You dont need the repair to keep players income within targeted range.

I buy preimum not for overcome repair but for faster research.

Simple, repair cost causes a loss in SL, one that could be alleviated since progression ingame already is a burden on the SL collected while playing

What is needed to increase SL output without adjusting playstyle significantly ? : GE (in the form of premium time or conversion GE to SL)?

Therefore, you'd need GE to counteract the inadequate repair cost or it will impact the way you enjoy the game.

medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, CageKnight said:

Is there be anyone here that would explain to me at length why they feel repair costs are needed in the game? And then prove that they aren't suffering from stockholm syndrome?

the usual arguments presented on this subject are boting, J outers ...

More importantly, a low performance in the game shouldn't reward players with the same progression as people doing well and this is a means of punishing behaviors that affect the health of the game, I wouldn't mind it if it weren't so absurdly high.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, LD_FR said:

the usual arguments presented on this subject are boting, J outers ...

More importantly, a low performance in the game shouldn't reward players with the same progression as people doing well and this is a means of punishing behaviors that affect the health of the game, I wouldn't mind it if it weren't so absurdly high.

Bots will be banned sooner or later.

And why J outers should lose SL? They get 0 anyway if they quit.

2 hours ago, CageKnight said:

Is there be anyone here that would explain to me at length why they feel repair costs are needed in the game? And then prove that they aren't suffering from stockholm syndrome?

Because games with in-game economies require both fountains and sinks.

The fountains in this game are plentiful as it is very easy to make SL.

If the only sinks were purchase / crew costs of new vehicles, everyone would be completely overloaded with SL and it wouldn't really have much value. Repair costs, in theory, somewhat keep that in check. As it were, many people are overloaded with SL regardless.

That being said, the fountains to sinks ratio in game are currently still very much in favor of the players. Unless you play almost exclusively a certain small range of vehicles and at a mediocre skill level, you should never have issues with SL whatsoever.

At this point you could honestly just do away with the in-game SL economy all together as it is mostly irrelevant.