BR will not exceed +/- 0.7 BR in War Thunder

At the moment general rules of the matchmaking based on BR.

The matchmaker selects the game session for the player in which the spread of the opponent’s vehicle BR will not exceed +/- 1.0 BR from the player’s vehicle. This means that the player will not meet a vehicle which exceeds the BR of his key vehicle (the one on which the matchmaker bases its search for a game session) in battle by more than 1 point of the BRITISH.

But if the BR spread is 0.7, it will be easier for everyone to play. That is, when playing on a 4.0 machine, you will come across a maximum of 4.7 or 3.3, and not 5.0 and 3.0, respectively.

I think that due to recent developments in the economy of the game and because of the negative reviews, we will be able to do this.

Please distribute.

232919902_-1.png.692fcf3779064c57d17f22c

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 28

13 minutes ago, Халелело said:

The matchmaker selects the game session for the player in which the spread of the opponent’s vehicle BR will not exceed +/- 1.0 BR from the player’s vehicle. This means that the player will not meet a vehicle which exceeds the BR of his key vehicle (the one on which the matchmaker bases its search for a game session) in battle by more than 1 point of the BRITISH.

But if the BR spread is 0.7, it will be easier for everyone to play. That is, when playing on a 4.0 machine, you will come across a maximum of 4.7 or 3.3, and not 5.0 and 3.0, respectively.

I think that due to recent developments in the economy of the game and because of the negative reviews, we will be able to do this.

I know some regions and some BRs dont have this issue but i regularly have to wait 5-10 mins for a battle (playing on EU or US servers) and if i only select EU then i often cant find a battle after 15+ mins.

The increase in matchmaking time from going to +- 0.7 would be unbareable for some less popular BRs (like 5.7-6.3) 

Edited by UnknowenPlayer
formating error fixed

I’ve stated this a 1000 times. Even used it in the survey. The days are long gone that we need a +/- 1 BR. 
There are too many vehicles now, that can be decades apart from each other, with a one BR variance. It should be at least .7, if not .3 at this point 

• Like 1
medal medal medal

tiUri8M.jpg

we asked for this almost decade ago ... but the "internal testing" that rubberstamped some of the most godawfull things over the years says it't be a baaaaaad thing. Amazing how they can roll out ridiculously bad (last man standing) or unfinished to the point of game breaking (initial volumetric updates) changes to live servers because "it can't be tested on small scale" but how MM change will work for 100k+ players online can be tested by five guys and a pet rock and completely rejected as baaaaad thing.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

If decompression is going to happen then it should probably be in the form of smaller BR divisions (so rather than just 4.0 and 4.3 vehicles could also be 4.1 and 4.2) while this wouldnt decrease the range of the matchmaker from +-1 it would allow some of the vehicles that are currently difficult to ballence to sit in a more appropriate BR so that they can be made to avoid specific vehicles without as much of a BR change and would also make vehicles that are on the lower end of their BR more playable e.g. the Mig 9 might get 7.2 while the Mig 9 L gets 7.3 rather than both getting 7.3 (which makes the Mig 9 completely pointless so long as the Mig 9 l exists at the same BR).

Also its not just about matchmaking times, in a +-0.7 battle there are far fewer different vehicles you could encounter making the selection of vehicles less varied and less interesting.

And in terms of matchmaking times people underestimate the change it would cause, even a small reduction in the BR range would cause a huge increase in queue times, i would expect +-0.7 to at least double queue times and personally i already get 15 min queues already which are pretty bad but after 30+ mins id just close war thunder and play a different game and im not even on the worst servers for queue times

Edited by UnknowenPlayer
Spelling

BR decompression is more important than moving to 0.7 +/-

The current ground BR black holes are 4.0 / 4.7 / 6.3 / 7.3 / 8.3 / 10.0 

Ground likely could get away with moving to 0.7 due to the amount of vehicles and players but it would not work for air.  Air is currently the walking dead anyway the only BRs active past props are those with premiums from the big three, namely 6.0 / 8.3 / 9.7 / 10.3

Try finding a match at 7.3 in air see how long it takes despite even having the ability to get uptiered to 8.3

I really don't know what gaijin is going to do, I don't know, I don't want to know, I just know that they have to do something, and something radical, a change to 0.7 and an economy like 2016 with balanced repair costs would be ideal..... But as I say, I don't know.
I'm sure a change like this would be ideal for new and average players, personally it would make me return to this game on a regular basis.....but as I said, I don't know.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, Халелело said:

Please distribute.

232919902_-1.png.692fcf3779064c57d17f22c

medal

I fully support the request for a lower BR spread - but as already posted this is not really a new issue.

So even if they would follow this approach it would be just a small relief because the BR assessment process itself has major flaws

As an Air RB only player i just want to use a classic example: The 4.0 Wyyvern. I am sure you have similar stuff in Ground RB...

Correct flown it can be used at BR 4.0 without any risk to get killed, just based on vehicle performance. Even if we assume that the BR is somehow influenced by the premium status of this vehicle - the overwhelming majority of their pilots are easy kills.

So the BR assessment looks comprehensible by looking at the simple average user. But in reality the current BR just favors a few experienced players, the majority might benefit from easy SL/RP gains, but it actually prevents them from learning to become a better pilot. In addition they simply ruin the matches for their enemies - you find a lot of guys at various leaderboards with k/ds of 15:1 or higher.

So a potential max 0.7 uptier spread won't chance anything for this and many other vehicles.  Anyway, let's do another try...

wgf4cYu.jpg

older tab,  not up to date with BR range now extended up to 12.0 ... also with comparison to BR's in 2015, showing how much BR range was extended without making any BR decompression at all, simply piling new crap on top of old broken system

the difference between 1.0 spread MM vs 0.7 spread MM is one more bracket ... that's all

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/05/2023 at 13:21, gozer said:

the difference between 1.0 spread MM vs 0.7 spread MM is one more bracket ... that's all

Not sure, if that logic can be used. It's not really about brackets, it's about what you can get matched with.

By reducing the spread to 0.7 you reduce the number of brackets by 25% from 4 to 3, which a player can get matches in.

So when 3.0-4.0 and 5.0-6.0 are popular vehicles, you will get very few matches for 4.0-5.0 vehicles.

If there was no spread at all instead of 29, shown with 11.3 max BR, we would have 41 brackets.

Obvously doesn't sound like a lot but when you can only get matched with vehicles of the same BR, you either would hardly find any matches or have matches with a lot of the same vehicle in it.

The battle rating system is in general flawed because it's very difficult to balance a vehicle by performance considering so many vehicles it can see, as well up or downtiers.

It would be better to expand the range of vehicles (maybe dependant on the vehicle) and give you better rewards for doing well in a outclassed vehicle or give the player the ability to spawn multiple times etc.

medal medal medal medal medal medal