In my opinion, most of the Italian planes have been moved to too high BR and now it is difficult to play them.

Hetaeron

Honestly I'm tired of other nations playing in easy mode, while Italy is always set in difficult mode.

Lower the BR of all these planes, for Arcade combat mode:

• Re.2001 CN: BR 4.3 to BR 3.7
  • G.55 Subseries 0: BR 4.7 to BR 4.3
  • G.55 Series I: BR 5,3 to BR 5,0
  • Re.2005 Series 0: BR 5,7 to BR 5,3
  • G.55 S series: BR 5,3 to BR 5,0
  • G.56: BR 6,7 to BR 6,0 
  • G.91 (pre-series): from BR 8,3 to BR 8,0.

These are some aircraft that I know of and have compared with other nations' aircraft, but other nations have aircraft with the same characteristics but are at lower BR.

I am sure there are others of high-level Italian aircraft that deserve a lower BR, but for now I wanted to add to the list only those that I have unlocked.

Edited by Hetaeron
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Hetaeron changed the title to In my opinion, most of the Italian planes have been moved to too high BR and now it is difficult to play them.

Overtiered Italian props are a problem since years.

Usually they are overtiered, nerfed and have high repair cost as a combination. 

I quote myself from an older post:

But the main issue is the same:

1. Italian prop planes are overtiered, idk where this comes from, maybe some of you know why
  2. Due to this overtiering newer players don't like to play them as they are not competitive
  3. But a lot of Italian pilots are very good and getting good results in already overtiered planes
  4. This increases the already too high BRs even further 
  5. At a certain point the BR cannot be increased anymore
  6. But the very good Italian pilots are still playing them and are getting good results
  7. So the repair cost for these planes increases to ridiculous levels
  8. Now even the very good players fly them much lesser
  9. The few guys using them anyway make no statistical impact
  10. Square 1, Italian prop planes are overtiered and have much higher repair cost than other nations

The main problem are not the Italian pilots (you can argue that they are too good on average), the main problem are hordes of newer, less experienced players flying other nations with poor results and dragging their good planes to lower BRs and thereby further increasing the difficulties for the already small playerbase of Italian pilots.

I do not think that gaijin has negative intentions regarding Italian players. They are a company as all others, their goal is earning money, so they focus on their largest customer segments. If we could convince all P47 and P51C pilots to fly just for one month Italian fighters only, all Italian planes would lose easily 2 to 3 BR steps. But this wont happen as the entry to Italian planes is blocked due to overtiered fighters with too high repair cost.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it's due to a lot of the German plane aces flocking to the Italian tech tree as it was first released.  It just kinda spiraled downwards from there, with the repair costs and player statistics based BR changes. There are many Italian props that would be fun for newbies, but they are just scared away by the high BRs and repair costs.  The Italian plane tree could use a BR reset of sorts.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Italian props from 4.0-6.3 could use a BR reduction.

I think they kept going up because 151s used to be very powerful, and those planes have 2 or 3 of them with a ton of ammo.

But now those guns are just 'goodish', it can be a bit of a struggle playing Italian props.

Edited by DocProfit
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Good guns and good climb and turn performance means these are planes the average player can do well in, all you really need to do is climb and then start picking targets and clicking on them. DEFYN video is a good example of this, it's very easy to go full aggro and score a few kills without much effort put into it as opposed to something like P51C that doesn't have amazing head-on guns, somewhat sluggish aim and might need multiple passes to kill other planes. And like Sweden and France, minor nations will mostly get picked up by already experienced players resulting in BR hikes.

Most of my Re.2005 experience was 6v6s facing american superprops that time and time again failed to find a more imaginative approach than trying to turn fight me. Good retention and guns means it's something that can very easily punish mistakes if you're inpatient and not careful in your approach. Compare this to LF mk.9 that is far superior at the same BR but has inconsistent guns with not much ammo, bad retention and severe overheating all of which will often limit you to 2-3 kills even on good matches.

medal

On 05/06/2023 at 00:18, ふたなり恋人を探している said:

Most of my Re.2005 experience was 6v6s facing american superprops that time and time again failed to find a more imaginative approach than trying to turn fight me. Good retention and guns means it's something that can very easily punish mistakes if you're inpatient and not careful in your approach. Compare this to LF mk.9 that is far superior at the same BR but has inconsistent guns with not much ammo, bad retention and severe overheating all of which will often limit you to 2-3 kills even on good matches.

I am actually wondering why the Re 2005 is at 5.7. I flew it before the nerf at 6.0 and i got mostly full uptiers to 7.0 with F-80s and Meteors, and i got a hell of kills in it (3.400) but i died also 1.412 times as my main opponents were roughly 300 kmph faster on the deck. With about 27k repair cost those days i was burning SLs like hell, but the fun to kill P-51 H-5s and to outturn Lf Mk 9s was worth it.

After the nerf they reduced the BR to 5.3 - and it was a pain to fly. Way overtiered as the turn nerf hit me the most, the climb loss was severe too, but not that decisive. I stopped playing it after a few matches just due the lack of fun.

So if they increased the BR now for Air RB to 5.7 it just shows the massive decline of skill in Air RB as objectively the BR just based on plane performance is max 5.0 at best. A simple P-51 D-30 or P-47 D-28/30 can remain unkillable for you at BR 5.0 as they outrun you forever. I think i played just 4 matches with Re 2005 on this account, but it was the same disappointing experience after the nerf to 5.3.

If you look for a challenge, try the SM 92, the sustained turnrate allows you to outturn most enemies. You need MEC to have infinite WEP without overheating and i use joystick with SFC and instructor off. Very good 1 vs 1 plane, all you have to do is to dodge headons and stay out of their guns for the first 1 to 3 turns, then you can outturn even 4.3 Typhoons.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2023 at 11:04, Uncle J Wick@live said:

I am actually wondering why the Re 2005 is at 5.7.

After the nerf they reduced the BR to 5.3 - and it was a pain to fly. Way overtiered as the turn nerf hit me the most, the climb loss was severe too, but not that decisive. I stopped playing it after a few matches just due the lack of fun.

So if they increased the BR now for Air RB to 5.7 it just shows the massive decline of skill in Air RB as objectively the BR just based on plane performance is max 5.0 at best. A simple P-51 D-30 or P-47 D-28/30 can remain unkillable for you at BR 5.0 as they outrun you forever. I think i played just 4 matches with Re 2005 on this account, but it was the same disappointing experience after the nerf to 5.3.

I flew a couple of games in it a few months back for xxxx and giggles.

It felt horrible.

It was almost like it has the P-51D rudder in a dive - really hard to get accurate shots at speed.

And the turn was 'meh'.

Would not recommend.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal