Running out of Lions

19 minutes ago, CrazyLabRabbit said:

So question to the developers, what happens when players run out of silver lions because of the economy and repair costs?  Any other players running into this?

From what I have heard, the Reserve vehicles exist for this very reason. They are Rank I and very old, tankettes, biplanes and the likes. You can use them for free without repair or ammo cost. 

Some Youtuber suggested atleast 1 Reserve vehicle of every type on every Rank, so players can play WW2, Cold War, Modern era if they ever run dry economically. But we are not there yet.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

• Senior Game Master

Probably most of us have their setup / rank / vehicle / gamemode they play to earn best money. Try to find what's best and most profitable for you, and play this to fill your piggybank up from time to time.

In general I earn quite well, but sometimes I play US blue water navy for a bit just to get some quick and easy money.

• Like 1

I'm a -the word that turns into "ace"- just a few weeks into playing. I encountered this issue because I didn't understand the economy or what I needed to do to conserve SL, most notably that I could turn off auto-repair and simply wait for planes to be repaired. Also didn't understand the researching mods thing and thought I had to pay GE. D'oh!

Now I fly multiple nations and often play reserve vehicles - playing at a lower BR can be enjoyable and a good way to improve skills without worrying about SL. I don't need to any more but it's fun. 

But I really came here to make a suggestion: Pay money. I didn't have to (knowing what I know now) but have been really enjoying the game and realized I was getting frustrated and aggravated over earning SL to the point where it wasn't fun. A few dollars out of my pocket would just remove that whole source of frustration, give me some crew and mod upgrades that would let me survive longer and make the game more fun in general. All for less $ than I've spent on any other game recently. It got me over the hump as I was learning the basics and gave me a reserve of SL and GE so now I stay in the black.  

Edited by WhistlePiglet

Yer, wait until you get to Rank III and then at Rank IV the costs will be greater than the rewards. No one in their right mind pays GE for parts that are researched by playing the game. No need to spend any actual dollars unless you want a premium, especially if you're still at Rank I level. Learn the game and then see what you think, assuming you're real ?

Maybe it's just me, but I find the concept of 'getting a job' in game (playing low tier) to fund your fun (whatever tier you want to play) to be a bit of a silly concept in a game that is supposed to be.. a game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, WhistlePiglet said:

I'm a -the word that turns into "ace"- just a few weeks into playing. I encountered this issue because I didn't understand the economy or what I needed to do to conserve SL, most notably that I could turn off auto-repair and simply wait for planes to be repaired. Also didn't understand the researching mods thing and thought I had to pay GE. D'oh!

Now I fly multiple nations and often play reserve vehicles - playing at a lower BR can be enjoyable and a good way to improve skills without worrying about SL. I don't need to any more but it's fun. 

But I really came here to make a suggestion: Pay money. I didn't have to (knowing what I know now) but have been really enjoying the game and realized I was getting frustrated and aggravated over earning SL to the point where it wasn't fun. A few dollars out of my pocket would just remove that whole source of frustration, give me some crew and mod upgrades that would let me survive longer and make the game more fun in general. All for less $ than I've spent on any other game recently. It got me over the hump as I was learning the basics and gave me a reserve of SL and GE so now I stay in the black.  

Wait until you get to 25k repair costs for jets.

Interesting reactions...  I had a long-winded response but tl;dr:

I am in complete agreement that the economy of the game sucks and that repair costs are outrageous. I'm not for a second saying that part of it is fair, only that if you are struggling with SL in the lower tiers, there are easy remedies, including paying a very small amount of money to help you get over the hump and further that it's ok to not feel incentivized to move up quickly but play what I call "disposable" planes because, at least this has been true for me, it makes you a better player. That's it.  

• Upvote 1

On 24/05/2023 at 17:49, CrazyLabRabbit said:

So question to the developers, what happens when players run out of silver lions because of the economy and repair costs?  Any other players running into this?

I am not sure for who you are asking this question - for yourself or for a friend? 

I mean with 6.700 battles you know how this game works and where you can earn SLs.

For a new player: Imho it depends on their willingness to learn. Rank I-III is quite easy to play, but if you struggle there with SLs - you simply grinded too greedy/fast or you need to improve your experience/skill level. 

If somebody plays high/top tier and struggles due this economy/repair cost madness:

Same as above, but imho intended by gaijn. So either you fall back to lower tiers (your sweetspots) to earn the SLs or you grinded too aggressive.

3 hours ago, WhistlePiglet said:

but play what I call "disposable" planes because, at least this has been true for me, it makes you a better player. That's it.  

Fully agree. If you mastered a plane and play with an (earned) ace crew at crew level 75 - you are are lethal weapon and u have fun.

• Upvote 1

play low/mid tier lineups with lower repaircosts.

It's the best advice there is.

And i see a lot of people hoping Gaijin will change everything so they don't have to worry about SL again

Just played my 7.7 swedish lineup with 2 planes. the J29A and SK60B and the fun laucher (UDES 33)

42000 silverlion repairbill for a bloody 7.7 lineup haha.

I don't think it will ever be cheap, but this is just dumb and seems very biased

medal