Need help to improve in gound battles

As the title says I am looking for help to learn/improve in ground battles. I am struggling and each match I have a feeling that the enemy team is made of terminators with pin point accuracy and crew level 100. Frustrated is quite an understatement. I tried moving with the team, I go boom; camp a spot, I go boom; the enemy shoots me before it even shows on the minimap; I shoot it bounces, they shoot I go boom. With a sheer will I managed to reach rank IV in USA, USSR and Germany and sometimes I have an urge to throw the PC away.

Please, point me to some good guides for dummys, some videos, anything that can help me.

Ty for your time and have a nice evening.

medal medal

16 hours ago, desertwind said:

As the title says I am looking for help to learn/improve in ground battles. I am struggling and each match I have a feeling that the enemy team is made of terminators with pin point accuracy and crew level 100. Frustrated is quite an understatement. I tried moving with the team, I go boom; camp a spot, I go boom; the enemy shoots me before it even shows on the minimap; I shoot it bounces, they shoot I go boom. With a sheer will I managed to reach rank IV in USA, USSR and Germany and sometimes I have an urge to throw the PC away.

Please, point me to some good guides for dummys, some videos, anything that can help me.

Ty for your time and have a nice evening.

You have over 6k matches, and you yourself list the main points you can improve...there are chances the enemy is simply better...at least that is what i tell myself. I have lots of experience and i still have a 1:1 kill ratio at medium tiers (BR7 or so). I know all the theories, and some maps i know in detail. There is always someone better, faster or smarter. I have my fun doing my part, helping the obviously better players in my team...and getting my own kills. Some matches i do well, some others i am 3deaths and 0kills...

I get better results in lower BRs or whenever the match is consoles only...i feel that i am SLOWLY improving...but very very slowly by now...as i am close to the limit of my "reflexes", "skill" and "intelligence"... :)

We cant all have 10+ kills per match...the math wouldn't add up...

And yes, i also die to enemies that feel to have pinpoint (and very fast) accuracy...probably we curse in different languages at those moments...but cursing is part of the game i guess...

Edited by GhostSoph@psn
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Stielhandgranate said:

Tankenstein on Youtube has a good series of videos. There are links to more of them in the pinned comments. 

Thank you my good sir. Will start watching right away. O7

57 minutes ago, GhostSoph@psn said:

You have over 6k matches, and you yourself list the main points you can improve...there are chances the enemy is simply better...at least that is what i tell myself. I have lots of experience and i still have a 1:1 kill ratio at medium tiers (BR7 or so). I know all the theories, and some maps i know in detail. There is always someone better, faster or smarter. I have my fun doing my part, helping the obviously better players in my team...and getting my own kills. Some matches i do well, some others i am 3deaths and 0kills...

I get better results in lower BRs or whenever the match is consoles only...i feel that i am SLOWLY improving...but very very slowly by now...as i am close to the limit of my "reflexes", "skill" and "intelligence"... :)

We cant all have 10+ kills per match...the math wouldn't add up...

And yes, i also die to enemies that feel to have pinpoint (and very fast) accuracy...probably we curse in different languages at those moments...but cursing is part of the game i guess...

Sadly, from the 6900 matches I think like 90% are in air. As far as ground goes, I just want to understand what I am doing wrong and how to improve. Right now I don't really care about 10 kills per game, I just want to be a decent player. :)

• Upvote 1
medal medal

On 02/06/2023 at 13:40, desertwind said:

Sadly, from the 6900 matches I think like 90% are in air. As far as ground goes, I just want to understand what I am doing wrong and how to improve. Right now I don't really care about 10 kills per game, I just want to be a decent player. :)

Well...best tips i am aware:

- Stay in cover...always have the minimum of your tank exposed

- Choose a good spot...each map has better routes and place

- Conversely...always expect (and plan) for the enemy being in their good spots...sometimes the best way is NOT GOING THERE :)

- Stay with the team...try to avoid being alone somewhere...it is always better to 2-vs-1

- Know your targets...most tanks have weak spots...even those that can be penetrated with ease have parts where they die faster.

- Play lower BRs to learn...enemies are better at higher BRs and ranges are usually bigger...it is easier to learn close and personal and with targets that make mistakes...and dont worry...even at lower BRs there are a lot of good players that will make you earn the kill

- Learn from your deaths...see where the enemy was and what you did wrong (sometimes the enemy is simply too fats and accurate...no real lesson)

As everything...practice makes perfect...