So Gaijin is finally listening to us (I Hope), how about some more suggestions?

Theusela

Suggestion: Region locked servers.

Reason: I find that more and more -insert Chinese characters here- names are invading the NA servers, and it seems that a solid 10% of them are either a) ridiculously sweaty or b) outright cheating, as I'm frequently getting killed in ways that go far beyond the "he he russian bias go brrrr" that all war thunder players are aware of. the other 90% are actually genuinely fun people to play with (if they talk)

Suggestion: Create a new ingame reporting system with feedback on report status so that players can be aware of if they were actually cheating or if they just got "gaijin'd" 

Reason: I'm First to admit that im not incredible at the game, but about 1 in every 50 deaths I have are incredibly suspect, both ingame, and after reviewing the replay. However I never know if a player is actually cheating or if I'm just the big suck because there is no feedback or response on the matter. Also an "overwatch" system like what Counterstrike: Global Offensive used to have could be a very viable way of getting extra help filtering out the rage reports vs actual suspects. Maybe for a small monetary "Gaijin" marketplace credit that would entice players to assist in reports. Obviously restrictions would have to be put in place, such as no more than 5 cases per day, and if you have too many false reports you are timed out from the system, but this could assist gaijin moderators and game keepers in filtering more serious issues from less serious.

Suggestion: EasyAntiCheat system analyzation to block players from using uhq if their hardware is above a certain level

Reason: Lets face it, UHQ abuse is a freakin problem, but because gaijin wants to appeal to as large of an audience as possible, they have to have ULQ as an option. Thus if you play on a lemon powered potato, they still want you to be able to play. However, in the modern age of 4090 graphics cards and even 2000 series cards, systems with halfway decent specs have no business abusing uhq as it gives an unfair advantage to players that do not use uhq. EasyAntiCheat is fully capable of running system checks to determine hardware, and doing so would be no more invasive than having EAC running in the background while the game is open anyways. Run a Poll of performance metrics vs system specs and determine the common userbase, then set a baseline where its ok to use UHQ and where it isn't. 

Suggestion: Overhaul the gaijin marketplace

Reason There are a lot of neat tanks that are forever locked in limbo for 95% of players because most people arent willing to pay 150$+ for one vehicle. This goes in tandem with the whole economy problem "premium vehicles are the only way to play anymore". Give us ways to earn Gaijin Marketplace credits as I'm sure players would be more than willing to jump at any opportunity given to save up over long periods of time to purchase an object 279 for example. You could even periodically introduce more tokens to the marketplace to keep the value of tanks at a standardized level so that everybody and their mother doesn't have rare collectible vehicles since the market would crash. 

What are your guy's thoughts?

Edited by Theusela
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

4 hours ago, Theusela said:

Suggestion: Overhaul the gaijin marketplace

Reason There are a lot of neat tanks that are forever locked in limbo for 95% of players because most people arent willing to pay 150$+ for one vehicle. This goes in tandem with the whole economy problem "premium vehicles are the only way to play anymore". Give us ways to earn Gaijin Marketplace credits as I'm sure players would be more than willing to jump at any opportunity given to save up over long periods of time to purchase an object 279 for example. You could even periodically introduce more tokens to the marketplace to keep the value of tanks at a standardized level so that everybody and their mother doesn't have rare collectible vehicles since the market would crash. 

What are your guy's thoughts?

YES!

Market Vehicles can be so much fun, yet only a handful of privileged Oldtimers and rich players get to enjoy them.

Rerun Events and/or a monthly Box Rotation with a guaranteed untradable/market vehicle after x openings etc would be cool. Might also help gaining more players and retaining them. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Theusela said:

Suggestion: EasyAntiCheat system analyzation to block players from using uhq if their hardware is above a certain level

Reason: Lets face it, UHQ abuse is a freakin problem, but because gaijin wants to appeal to as large of an audience as possible, they have to have ULQ as an option. Thus if you play on a lemon powered potato, they still want you to be able to play. However, in the modern age of 4090 graphics cards and even 2000 series cards, systems with halfway decent specs have no business abusing uhq as it gives an unfair advantage to players that do not use uhq. EasyAntiCheat is fully capable of running system checks to determine hardware, and doing so would be no more invasive than having EAC running in the background while the game is open anyways. Run a Poll of performance metrics vs system specs and determine the common userbase, then set a baseline where its ok to use UHQ and where it isn't. 

absolutely not.

there's plenty of reasons to play with ULQ with hardware that can support higher settings.

Resolution - player might want to use 4k but the gpu can only do above ulq at 1080p or 1440p

Heat - the gpu will run hotter with higher settings and for some thats just not great, especially in the summer

Power consumption - uses more power (wow what a shocker)

high refreshrate - the player might choose to want higher refresh rates(idk like 120+ hz) instead of quality

they're options because you get to choose. especially in top tier air many choose to use ULQ instead of higher settings because of the annoying mach 1 effect. forcing players to certain settings is NEVER a good idea.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
medal

i agree with region locking people. im tired of the symbol name people hacking. 

the ulq thing needs to determine if they can play medium setting at 1080 and lock them at medium only. then they need to remove the tree and bushes removal thing

cant wait for pacifica to hop in here and gaslight someone

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

After getting nothing but screwed by poor matchmaking, ghost shells disappearing into the ether, and cheaters that have less than a hundred hours but are already level 100, I think I might just drop this game.

Shame that nobody messed with the servers during the boycott, the second something actually affects gaijin's bottom line, its fixed within a few hours. But a bunch of upset players? That's just SOP for Gaijin. 

I s2g the only way to go positive is playing a lineup of nothing but premium vehicles. Idk why the WTPU was good with halting the boycott after they gave us "we will get a roadmap to you guys by the 14th"

Gaijin isn't changing lets face it.

Might as well go play Destiny 2. At least they never go backwards, they just never go forwards either...

medal medal

major suggestion i have is, there has to be some more consistency in the game. I can play 3 missions where i have to shoot the crap out of weakly armored aircraft to down it and suddenly in a mission i am one hitting everything i aim at. What changes? I'm playing the same way with the same aircraft. It's quite maddening. And this has nothing to do with skilz. It's a change that occurs in game i am certain. This needs to be addressed because if you read all of the other suggestions and comments, the root of those problems basically comes down to players not being able to get any consistency in any aspect of the game. A skill issue would always be there, unlike what is occurring in the game.